Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Crayola/ryColaa Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Streifen's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Crayola/ryColaa Thread

hey dude... whats up? i just want to ask something... i always look forward to your scans but i cant open it... i tried DLing chapters of PoT from ur site but my computer dont recognize the file type... i think its .rar? so i have to wait when they put it on onemanga.com... anyway, may i know what should i use to open such file type?.... thanks man... keep up the goodwork..

Credit to : Akasunanosasori

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

winzip and winrar work for rar files, crayola will confirm it when he sees your post

and crayola yd u choose that 4 ur name?

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Crayola's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Err, .rar can be opened with WinRar, I don't tink winzip works for it. You can also use 7Zip I believe.

I chose Crayola as a name from a process.
    I liked a girl and her initals were KC, so I made a nick called KornyCrayon.
    Eventually I evolved that name to Crayola from it because it sounded better and because my name "Raymond" or "Ray" is more pronounced in Crayola.

And of course ryColaa came from jumbling the letters of the word Crayola
    ryColaa Website ryColaa IRC

We NEED staff!!! Looking for Japanese->English Translators, and a Website Designer

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

another question?

any chance you could start scanlating legendz?

im pretty sure its only 4 volumes so it shouldnt take too much effort, unless the raws are hard to find or it is liscensed, i was just going through my old shonen jump stuff and i saw the preview of it from like 2 years ago, and it seems good.

a few people have requested legendz on Onemanga also

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, If I can find the raws and a willing translator, then I'll do it.

We NEED staff!!! Looking for Japanese->English Translators, and a Website Designer

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member someone2040's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: The Crayola/ryColaa Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kusiobache View Post
    another question?

any chance you could start scanlating legendz?

im pretty sure its only 4 volumes so it shouldnt take too much effort, unless the raws are hard to find or it is liscensed, i was just going through my old shonen jump stuff and i saw the preview of it from like 2 years ago, and it seems good.

a few people have requested legendz on Onemanga also
    Legendz has already been scanned in. Check gotlurk.net if you know how to use irc, otherwise not sure where you can find it.

Also, just to keep it on topic. Love the work ya do Crayola. I love sports mangas even though I'm not really interested in sports themselves, and I read most of the series you scan now. Keep up the good work.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raderack's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Im fan of your work,i actually download all your current projects..so keep the good work.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sunday is My One Year Anniversary maybe, not completely sure, but I'll considerit as my one year anniversary, and there are currently 2 releases ready for this Sunday. In the next 3 days,I'll see what I can do to bump it up to 10 releases for Sunday.

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there just wanna thank you for all the awesome work you've done!! I enjoy ES 21 so much and ahiru no sora as well!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pezz Talent's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Response to the July 26th Interview

While I liked most of this Interview there was one thing that rubbed me the wrong way, and that was question #8. I am a former moderator of the MangaFox forums, and still an active member, and such I am only speaking on behalf of MangaFox and not One Manga, but there are some things about the answer that I would like to address.

1. The choice to keep Low Quality scans has nothing to do with not desiring or wanting High Quality scans, but more in respect to the scanlation groups who took the time to do a release no matter how rushed and Low Quality it is. We are a community driven site and people upload freely to us, so if we took down the Low Quality scan in favor of the High Quality scan (especially if the two groups are different) it's a slap in the face to the other scanlation groups. And although High Quality scans are better we don't want to offend any group for the work they put into releasing a chapter. If a group releases a Low Quality scan to get the chapter out quickly and then makes a High Quality scan later we are more than happy to re-upload the scan.

2. We make no money off of our site besides ads which pay to keep the site itself up. We allow anyone and everyone to read the manga on our site without charging any fee. And there is only one staff member who gets paid, but that is due her being hired in real life and not being hired online, to work on the coding for the site and to keep the site running smoothly and she is paid from the owner's pocket and not off any of the money earned by the ads on MangaFox.

3. We at MangaFox do give back to the community, we have created our own Scanlation group and various other groups have been started after their members have met in our forums.

Now I'm not trying to attack Rycolaa scanlations (as I enjoy many of the series you scanlate) or MangaHelpers for the interview. My intention is to do nothing more than just inform you of some of the inaccuracies of your assumptions about us, and I would just ask that in the future you try and learn a little more about us before you make a judgment. And I would like to apologize beforehand if I offend anyone with what I have said.

If you have any questions or comments for me you can email me at pezztalent@yahoo.com (i would request that if someone decides to send me hate mail that they don't.....even though this probably wont deter you at all but in turn make it more likely for me to get some XD)

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3