Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bunshindattebayo's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann the Movie CONFIRMED!:
    http://www.alafista.com/2008/03/03/t...vie-confirmed/

I think the movie's time setting is between after Simon & Nia's wedding & before the 20 years timeskip in the final scene from the last episode.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22570&dateline=1205497510
    ~~Aren't they cute together?~~

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunshindattebayo View Post
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann the Movie CONFIRMED!:
    http://www.alafista.com/2008/03/03/t...vie-confirmed/

I think the movie's time setting is between after Simon & Nia's wedding & before the 20 years timeskip in the final scene from the last episode.
    Well I really hope this one might be true but I hope Viral and Simon will play a main role in it. I couldn't handle to watch gimmy and darry taking the gurren lagann role
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After the last episode, it kinda made me all so sad because on the day that was suppose to be Simon's and Nia's happiest day, it also turned out to be the saddest. I can't really stand heart-aching endings like that.

So now I'm wondering, since it's a movie, I wonder if it might deal more with the spirals stability and possibly the leadership of all the spirals. Or could it have to do with the watchamacallit that the anti-spirals were so worried about.

(Please read from right to left.)

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by segua View Post
    After the last episode, it kinda made me all so sad because on the day that was suppose to be Simon's and Nia's happiest day, it also turned out to be the saddest. I can't really stand heart-aching endings like that.

So now I'm wondering, since it's a movie, I wonder if it might deal more with the spirals stability and possibly the leadership of all the spirals. Or could it have to do with the watchamacallit that the anti-spirals were so worried about.
    on the first part: It was indeed hard but that's what making spirals and especially simon strong. Compare it with Kamina, kamina was so awesome and when he died I had it difficult but as simon said: you must go on and that's for the sake of the wishes who died and the hopes of the ones who'll live after you...

About the movie: I got aa lot of questions too but I really hope that simon will playe a major role in it, together with viral because viral and simon was a great combo just like kamina and simon (the producers did a great job) and honestly: I didn't like the old gimmy character design (not the desing in the war with the anti-spirals but the time jump desing - the end of the whole saga) and daryl and gimmy were just stupid
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kamina was still alive, I think that the fight with the anti-spirals would've been that much easier. The guy was absolutely insanely powerful. You talk about a guy that had a ton of spiral energy potential. Kamina was that man. He would've made Lord Genome look like a weakling. Kamina would've actually been the next Spiral King! Even when he was on the verge of death, Kamina was able to bust out such an insane power move like the giga drill buster.And guess what, Kamina just made up that move on the fly. Imagine what kind of insane stunt Kamina might've pulled off by himself with the Chouginga Gurren-Lagann. Heck, Kamina in full control of the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would've spelled havoc on the anti-spirals.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kamina was still alive, I think that the fight with the anti-spirals would've been that much easier. The guy was absolutely insanely powerful. You talk about a guy that had a ton of spiral energy potential. Kamina was that man. He would've made Lord Genome look like a weakling. Kamina would've actually been the next Spiral King! Even when he was on the verge of death, Kamina was able to bust out such an insane power move like the giga drill buster.And guess what, Kamina just made up that move on the fly. Imagine what kind of insane stunt Kamina might've pulled off by himself with the Chouginga Gurren-Lagann. Heck, Kamina in full control of the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would've spelled havoc on the anti-spirals.
    Kamina was awesome but It was simon who was the man, Kamina awakened the strong simon - prolly the man he wished to be but couldn't be. I really think you should re-watch gurren lagann and reconsider

look back when they are captured and simon is digging a way out - as yoko said: kamina was also unsure about himself but looked up to simon. Okay Kamina kicked simon to dig faster but that was because he knew it WAS SIMON HIMSELF who would get the way out. It was the mans back where you felt save, standing behind that Back. Kamina and simon were a strong combo, but if gurren lagann brigade won against the anti-spirals then it's indirectly thanks to kamina who made simon so strong that everyone believed in him so the anti-spirals would be defeated

When they were at that illusion: and simon had the choice between one kamina. Remember, that was filosofical too:
    Simon had to choose between the kamina he knew - and we knew - or that other weak, cowardly kamina. Simon choose for the first because he felt confident and it was his aniki who made him to what he is. But ever thought: what would Kamina have been if Simon hadn't showed up his life? Maybe he would have been that Kamina

Do I say Kamina had a minor role? NOOOOOOOO, but if the someone had the strongest spiral power: it is Simon who defeated the spiral king as a kid and the anti-spirals as an adult, thanks to Kamina who had a major role in simons great spiral power
    Last edited by Koen; March 05, 2008 at 05:06 AM.
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah good point. I had forgotten all about the whole "Believe in the me that believes in you." Then you also have the "believe in the you that believes in me who believes in you." Kinda like how all Kamina wanted was to have Simon have more faith in himself. And if Simon didn't have faith in himself, Simon should have faith in the Kamina that had faith in Simon. Kamina and Simon had a very strong bond. And since Kamina was like an older brother, he probably saw the potential that Simon had. As an older brother, Kamina wanted Simon to capitalized on that potential.

The toll for making Simon strong, Kamina was willing to pay for it with his life. That was the tragic part.

Indirectly Kamina; directly Simon.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah good point. I had forgotten all about the whole "Believe in the me that believes in you."
    Here you're coming to the good part - at the recap episode halfway - we see the recap when that turtle looking guy captured Nia. Simon didn't feel anything for going on with his Life but that moment he changed back - rewatch that episode. What is said? Simon, it's not you who believes in me and not I who believes in you but It's you who believes in yourself. This was the moment Simon knew he was wrong: simon shouldn't have thought that since Kamina was dead he couldn't believe in Kamina -who believed in Simon- anymore -> because of that: Simon was depressive but other words of Kamina came back in his mind (not sure but I think Kamina himself said: the believing in the other one who believes in you wasa mere lie): it's you who got to believe in yourself and if you do that You can overcome a close ones death and go on
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...now I have to rewatch it to see which episode that one was in. I don't recall which episode exactly.

I recall that Kamina was trying to make Simon have more faith in himself. Since Simon lacked self-confidence, Kamina was always spouting the "believe in the me that believes in you." And if I recall correctly, when Simon finally snapped back to reality, he said something along the lines that he was going to "believe in the him that Kamina believes in."

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...now I have to rewatch it to see which episode that one was in. I don't recall which episode exactly.
    Episode 16 - halfway
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bunshindattebayo's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

The Movie Posterrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22570&dateline=1205497510
    ~~Aren't they cute together?~~

MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

NICE!

I just finished the whole series too. Superb ending.

Favorite character
    Kittan

He is nothing special. He was one of the earlier character in the series. His role was to serve as comic relief in the beginning until the last fight. He finally got into his star king and ultimately paved a way to Simon's success. His unseemingly brave actions are to be praised and the fact that he sacrificed himself for the humanity makes him a hero in my heart. Watch episode 23 to understand what I say.

Some of the quotes that I really like:

"My hear is a drill. With each spin, I go a little further." - Simon

"Aniki, I'm scared."
    "Listen up, Simon. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you!" - Kamina to Simon

"At the time, one may think it's a mistake they can't fix. However, if you just keep kicking and struggling, you can advance a little." - Simon to Rossiu

And of course
    Spoiler show

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

so I read the movie will outline the anime serie. Given the poster they are prolly going to do the first half and they'll put extra scenes in it
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They are making a movie? That is just completely awsome!

I loved the anime series. The animation was so great, i love it when animators toe the line between madness and brilliance. The music was a perfect match to the mood of the scenes and characters too.

I can't wait to hear "Giga...Drill...BREEEAAAKEEER" again, in 5.1 surround.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 31, 2008 at 02:21 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast