Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bunshindattebayo's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Quote Originally Posted by RyuSensei View Post
    It was awesome right?! Even if there were no dialogues it was amazing, even in knight-style they rock D:, moreover we had the ultimate combi: Kamina/Simon/Viral >.<!!
    Wish Kittan was there with them.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22570&dateline=1205497510
    ~~Aren't they cute together?~~

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

clip#2

This week’s Gurren Lagann Parallel Works belongs to artist SUEZEN, and it combines the instrumental track BafBaf! Sonna ni Moeru no ga…Suki Kai? with video of Viral and the others playing a Gurren Lagann themed pachinko machine. It’s an amusing watch, though I still like last week’s more, both in song and in accompanying video. It’s hard to beat “raw! raw! fight the power!”

by randomcuriosity

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Last edited by 3c; December 04, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by RyuSensei; June 29, 2008 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just rewatched the series, I hadn't done a full rewatch of the series since 2007. Just like back then, the series was epic and beautiful in every sense of the words. The feeling this series gives me isn't often felt in anime, or even movies for that matter. "Believe in yourself, not in me who believes in you, not in you who believes in me. Believe in yourself!"

So, has anyone rewatched or watched the series for the first time recently? I got some staffers into it recently, would be cool to hear your opinions guys.
    Last edited by 3c; December 04, 2011 at 05:30 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

*raises hand*

Ooh, I'm here, I'm here.

Well, so far, I've only seen three episodes. Slow me, yeah. But I kind of enjoyed my own pace watching this series; as if everything comes at the right time and speed. So far the first three episodes are a good laugh; I totally like how epic win or fail Kamina and Simon could be. Especially where the name of Gurren Lagann comes from.

Graphic artwork might not be very special, I like it so-so. I also quite much like the soundtracks; rock, hard songs come at the right moment of comeback or fight thus making things more pumped up. But the side background musics are also great for calmer situations. ^^

Three episodes and I sense a romance there already. *laughs at Yoko and Kamimna* They are totally... like, I can't imagine them being together yet. :3

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, keep it up, phio!

The animation and artwork isn't outstanding in every episode. The most important episodes are given the best treatment, obviously. I thought the first had great animation and artwork, after that it's a little less outstanding for a few episodes during the plot building episodes.

The music is superb, you'll fall in love with its epicness in due time, just wait.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You people have put me in the mood to re-watch TTGL now. Thankfully I have the whole series on DVD, I'll have to watch over the course of the week. Shame that it is not available on BD yet, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Easily one of my favorite anime ever. I love the big, bright, loud, manly spectacle of it all. The characters are amazing and memorable, the plot interesting, and the animation is outstanding. I've said it before but it feels like Gainax intended TTGL as both loving tribute and stinging parody of all things action and shounen. Every trope used in action-shoune are here, only taken to the most logical extreme possible.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally finished the series today. Amazing ride along the 27 episodes. Various feelings mixed, very dynamic: from happy ones to the sad ones, but there are also motivating parts of it which I really like. I feel as if this story is done in full power with all the effects, destruction, characters, and deaths. It was very sad, but it adds a great 'taste' in the story. It feels natural and real because sacrifices would have to be made and there we have everyone betting their hope on Simon and his drill and trying to save the future.

A great journey, I can't say anything else. As the brigade always said, "Who the hell do you think we are?!".

Worth the watch!

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4