Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: relation they may have?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lovely family

26 19.55%
  • something else

107 80.45%
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Will of D.: My Theory

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kazuma_uzumaki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The .D Family?

It's a really intresting thing to think about.

I wonder if Oda will introduce any femal D's later

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It is indeed, but all the Ds but BB, Roger, and Saul, their position in the D Family was given immideately, so maybe it's like they're the only ones who'll be revealed or are important?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Impel, if Blackbeard seems uncle-like to you, then you must have very weird uncles... But anyway, the funny thing is, I used to think that Luffy was Roger's grandson. Then I found out that Luffy was 17, and Roger died 22 years ago. And about Dragon. So there went that theory.

But anyway, Saul's existence is basically PROOF that the "D's" aren't related to each other. He's a giant, a different species, and yet he's still a "D". Maybe there are even Fishman "D's". So since we've seen that the "D" initial spans across all sentient species in the One Piece world, I would say that they are not all related by blood, but since they all share the "D" qualities, they all got the name the same way. Personally, I believe that the "D" stands for "Dreamer", so they each descended from a different person who dreamed enough to be given the title in his own right. However, another popular theory about the "D" initial is that it marks those who are descendants of the rulers of the Ancient Kingdom that was destroyed by the World Government during the Void Century, in which case they probably ARE all related. But that doesn't explain how there can be "D's" from multiple species.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way I've also been wondering the deal with Ace.

While his dad and gramps are Monkeys too Ace is Portgas

Perhaps Mother's maiden name?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Portgas was a nickname or something. I'm not totally sure, but I heard that somewhere.

And Imi, Saul said that his entire family was named "D", so maybe it's not just like: Oh, you're like this, you're D. It's an actual family name. And Dragon doesn't really have any of the "D" qualities, so if it's just a title, how would he get it?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    And Dragon doesn't really have any of the "D" qualities, so if it's just a title, how would he get it?
    Well maybe not now because we've only seen him say something only twice, once at rouge town and other at that other place

Even in he's revolutionary and cool like he could be all stupid and trivial towards everything offscreen

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean that they were all descended from one person named "D", I meant that they each were descended from their own ancestor that earned the name "D" in his own right. So Saul's "D" ancestor earned the name in his own right and was completely unrelated to Blackbeard's "D" ancestor, and Luffy's "D" ancestor. And I don't think we've seen enough of Dragon to decide whether or not he has the "D" traits, but he certainly seems to so far. He is powerful, he's affecting the course of the world, I doubt he's afraid of death, he has a dream, and he's willing to fight to the death for it. It's just that he has them in a more serious way, like Blackbeard, instead of a goofy sort of way, like Luffy. I certainly see the "D" traits in Dragon.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand the situation with Saul but Blackbeard really does seem like a part of the Luffy family

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imitorar View Post
    I didn't mean that they were all descended from one person named "D", I meant that they each were descended from their own ancestor that earned the name "D" in his own right. So Saul's "D" ancestor earned the name in his own right and was completely unrelated to Blackbeard's "D" ancestor, and Luffy's "D" ancestor. And I don't think we've seen enough of Dragon to decide whether or not he has the "D" traits, but he certainly seems to so far. He is powerful, he's affecting the course of the world, I doubt he's afraid of death, he has a dream, and he's willing to fight to the death for it. It's just that he has them in a more serious way, like Blackbeard, instead of a goofy sort of way, like Luffy. I certainly see the "D" traits in Dragon.

Okay, I get what you mean now. And you're right that Dragon's powerful and whatnot, but he seems darker than the others in the way he does it. Sure, he has the "D Smile" but unlike the big happy smiles the others have, he smirks and covers his face in shadows while thinking about kingdoms burning to the ground. He's also a lot more manipulative than the rest, even more than BB. And with the whole "Dreams" thing, Dragon doesn't seem to believe in the Pirate Age, the New Age, or the WG's Utopia. He seems to think that pirates don't matter, and people taking up arms is the only solution to making the world a better place.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, who says all "D's" have to be that lighthearted? It's actually a pretty nice creative touch to show that even a darker character can have the "D" qualities. They fit with light and dark. And Dragon DOES have a dream. He wants to overthrow the World Government. He believes in his OWN Utopia. And I don't see why the belief that fighting is the only way to make the world a better place means anything. Again, he's a darker "D" then the rest, maybe even darker then Blackbeard, who is darkness itself, but Dragon is still a "D" and has all the "D" qualities.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

All members of the D Clan fight for their Dreams and shape their own Destinies.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: The .D Family?

I wonder if Shanks is related to Luffy, he seems to have a deep affection for him and Aokiji actions are questionable.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member marte1980's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that D may be somehow related to that powerful old society who left the poneglyphs and who was betrayed by the current world government.
    SPQR
    ------------------------------
    O Freunde, nicht diese Töne!
    Sondern laßt uns angenehmere
    anstimmen und freudenvollere.
    Freude! Freude!
    ------------------------------
    You highest men whom my eyes have seen, this is my doubt about you and my secret laughter: I guess that you would call my overman—devil!
    What is great is so alien to your souls that the overman would be terrifying to you in his goodness ...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member IgnorantSage's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm telling you Dadan is Da D. An and she will be the female D.

Too many things to do
    Too lazy to take action

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so im wondering. Is it Monkey d. because of the way japanese people say last names before first?

so in reality it's luffy d. monkey?

and would the "D" part refer to an initial? or as part of the last name? like O conner or something

New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast