Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Do you like dorms?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

16 37.21%
  • Yes.

27 62.79%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dormitories, yay or nay?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dormitories, yay or nay?

well freedom ya, but dorm life is fun because you have ll your friends together in a pack, time flies by so fast that you will
    my unis is on the outskirts of the city, so most of us stay in the dorm for the weekdays and come back home in the week end (2 hr bus ride) so we have dorm life and home life in parallel

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course, paying the bills for rentals sucks. LOL. I'm thinking of getting a dorm or an apartment myself since my work place is far from home. I know I'll hate to see my salary being reduced on dorms.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member silver_soul's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    well freedom ya, but dorm life is fun because you have ll your friends together in a pack, time flies by so fast that you will
    my unis is on the outskirts of the city, so most of us stay in the dorm for the weekdays and come back home in the week end (2 hr bus ride) so we have dorm life and home life in parallel
    Halls are good if you're living with friends but first years don't usually get much choice. I vote no and I can't wait to move in to a rented house next year. Besides the paper thin walls and the all night bar opposite creating a ruckus at night, I have a flatmate who sleeps in the kitchen and it makes for some very awkward late night snacking.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i absolutely loved living in a dorm. of course, my dorm was more like a huge apartment. 4 bedrooms, 4 girls, 2 bathrooms. we were like a big happy family. my only real dorm-related complaint would be certain sites were blocked on the internet, and they'd revoke your access for downloading or hitting the block page too many times. i got mine shut off for running steam... o.o

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Your college is uptight, LiliCyanide.

Actually, now that I think about it, yay for dorms! The freedom was awesome, though it was horrible as well! You can drink illegally so long as you don't get caught, have parties, stay up late, and etc, and as long as people don't complain, you can do it over and over! The freedom's a downside cuz you're not as likely to focus on your responsibilities and make good choices, like studying, sleeping early, and eating healthy more often.

With a cool RA, it's oodles of fun! With annoying/bad roommates/floormates, it's very annoying.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like dorms.) That's a great life culture. Beeing franck I don't live in dorm in my country, cause I have a flat, but the thing is that when I go to study abroad I prefer dorm over other posibilities normally. That's actually pretty funny to have parties there and you have all your friends by your side and also that's quite a funny experience to meet different new people.

This summer I had great experience in Germany. There was just a funny dorm, where I saw how german students live.)

P.S. I'm not talking about Russian dorms, cause that's totally a different thing)))

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

When I studied abroad I lived at the apartments of the university most of the time. Had my own room, roommates in the other rooms and a kitchen. I always dreaded the idea of sharing a minute room with 2 or 4 people and having to eat cafeteria food.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I normally live the same way, when I study abroad. I really like to have at least some place, where I can be alone, but I though that once in a while it's good to have a bit different experience.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely more practical, but I say no to dormitories. I prefer a space for my own.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, dorm life for me currently is 50/50. I don't live in the typical setting where I'm living with a bunch of people on one floor, but instead I've been placed in a townhouse with 3 other housemates. The place is about a 10-15 minute walk from the campus so it's rather inconvenient even with a bussing system in the city. I'd rather be living on campus than around the perimeter of it...There are never any parties or social events going on around the area either :\

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3