Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why do you like Manga?

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why do you like Manga?

Well, to start with I have never encountered Western comics so to say (I only watched the movie adaptations) especially when I was little so I could be rather biased. My earliest memory of manga is when my neighbor gave me old comics she had before she moved away. I liked it, but that's that. In junior high school there was a place which let people to borrow manga, and some of my friends brought me there and made me tried some titles. A while later I discovered internet and that I could use it to read manga, so I continued.

As to why I didn't stop reading manga... The posts above me had described all of my reasons, but the strongest would be because I wanted to find something different. Be it fantasy or slice of life, there is always something new and different from what I have, and it becomes somehow inspiring. Added with much exposure since I was small (anime as well), eventually I always want more manga.
    Last edited by phio_chan; January 28, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

three major reasons

as a child and teenager i really loved american comic books, anf in my opinion manga is.just a higher quality more educated and mature version of a comic book

i started liking anime which led to me following some of the same series by reading the manga

and most importantly i believe manga allows ones imagination to link the panels together, and put the action into motion

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy mainly for the art it's detailed unlike regular comics wich are like cookie cutter stand stills. You get a since of movement I just find my self emersed in the moment like reading Kenichi dor examole I can feel the punches flying of the page it's like there watching the event unfold. Manga is a wonderful daydream to which escape reality.

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always been a fan of the visual arts, as well as good storytelling. You can get both of these in certain manga. The manga I read most often are the ones that combine incredible art with mature deep storytelling. Such a combination is not easy to find even in this medium, but in western comics it is even more rare.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3