Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why do you like Manga?

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why do you like Manga?

Well, to start with I have never encountered Western comics so to say (I only watched the movie adaptations) especially when I was little so I could be rather biased. My earliest memory of manga is when my neighbor gave me old comics she had before she moved away. I liked it, but that's that. In junior high school there was a place which let people to borrow manga, and some of my friends brought me there and made me tried some titles. A while later I discovered internet and that I could use it to read manga, so I continued.

As to why I didn't stop reading manga... The posts above me had described all of my reasons, but the strongest would be because I wanted to find something different. Be it fantasy or slice of life, there is always something new and different from what I have, and it becomes somehow inspiring. Added with much exposure since I was small (anime as well), eventually I always want more manga.
    Last edited by phio_chan; January 28, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

three major reasons

as a child and teenager i really loved american comic books, anf in my opinion manga is.just a higher quality more educated and mature version of a comic book

i started liking anime which led to me following some of the same series by reading the manga

and most importantly i believe manga allows ones imagination to link the panels together, and put the action into motion

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy mainly for the art it's detailed unlike regular comics wich are like cookie cutter stand stills. You get a since of movement I just find my self emersed in the moment like reading Kenichi dor examole I can feel the punches flying of the page it's like there watching the event unfold. Manga is a wonderful daydream to which escape reality.

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always been a fan of the visual arts, as well as good storytelling. You can get both of these in certain manga. The manga I read most often are the ones that combine incredible art with mature deep storytelling. Such a combination is not easy to find even in this medium, but in western comics it is even more rare.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3