Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Anime

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member FHT's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Favorite Anime

YOUR TOP 20 ANIMES!
    Well, the title says everything... ^_^
    And you can put comments, too!

Well here's my list:

TOP LIST:

01. SUZUMIYA HARUHI NO YUUUTSU
    02. LUCKY*STAR
    03. NEON GENESIS EVANGELION (including DEATH² & REBIRTH and THE END OF EVANGELION)
    04. CODE GEASS: LELOUCH OF THE REBELLION (including CODE GEASS: LELOUCH OF THE REBELLION -R2-)
    05. NARUTO
    06. BLEACH
    07. DEATH NOTE
    08. ELFEN LIED
    09. TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN
    10. GUNSLINGER GIRL
    11. GANTZ
    12. BECK
    13. HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI (including HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI: KAI)
    14. SAMURAI CHAMPLOO
    15. HELLSING (including the Original OVAS and Ultimate OVAS)
    16. FULL METAL ALCHEMIST
    17. SAMURAI CHAMPLOO
    18. EXCEL SAGA
    19. 2x2 = SHINOBUDEN
    20. SERIAL EXPERIMENTS LAIN

Well, that's it...
    List updated: Jan/04/2009
    Last edited by FHT; January 05, 2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: List Update (Jan/04/2009)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member exo15's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your TOP 10 ANIMES!

Me!!!

1.) NARUTO --> The Best!!!
    2.) BLEACH
    3.) Prince of Tennis
    4.) Striker hungry heart
    5.) Dragon ball, Dragon ball Z, Dragonball GT
    6.) FullMetal Alchemist
    7.) GTO(Great teacher Onizuka)
    8.) Tenguo Tenge
    9.) Yugi-oh, Yugi-oh GX
    10.) Digimon (All)
    Mada Mada Dana --->> Nanjiro Echizen

Mada Mada Dane --->> Ryoma Echizen
    ==========================
    "PAC-MAN" No.1 POUND 4 POUND

"PAC-MAN" No.1 POUND 4 POUND
    ==========================

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont got 10 xD

1. Naruto & Bleach...they both simply rock
    3. PeaceMaker Korugane
    4. Samurai Champloo

That was it xD

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen that many anime either yet, but here goes:

1. Record of Lodoss War
    2. Samurai Champloo
    3. Cowboy Bebop
    TIE 4. Naruto & Bleach
    5. Inu Yasha

That's pretty much it at the moment.

=D 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tamerlane's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets see....top 10 animes.

1. Fruits Basket (fav manga = fav anime)
    2. Full Metal Alchemist
    3. Naruto (minus all the fillers of course)
    4. Inuyasha
    5. Gundam Wing (Seed, Destiny, After Colony, 8th MS Team etc)
    6. Wolfs Rain (the only anime I cried at the end of *sniffles*)
    7. Pretear
    8. Trigun
    9. Scrapped Princess
    10. Record of the Lodoss Wars (the first anime I ever saw)

...there are of course many more that I have seen, but these are the ones that I felt were most memorable to me. In fact I have a list of series that I want to watch this summer, so my top 10 list may change a bit. <=)

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Record of the Lodoss Wars was also the first anime I ever saw, too. Maybe that's why I liked it so much.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

1.naruto
    2.bleach
    3. full metal alchemist
    4.neon genises evenjeolion
    5.trigun
    6.love hina
    7.tenchi myuyo
    8.negima
    9.flame of recca
    10. none
    &quot;Theres nothing right about the left side of my brain and there is nothing left in the right side of my brain&quot;

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tanuki-dono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't really put mine in order. So I'll tell you about my most memorable ones...in no particular order...since the order changes from time to time. The first two, I'm discounting, really, since the majority of you have seen them.

<b>Naruto</b>: All around, it's a quite nice rendition of Kishimoto's story. It has it's breath-taking moments that catapult it into my favorites. The animation is up and down, as with any overly popular series. The voce acting is a highlight, I think, with most of the characters doing an above-average job in the field.

<b>Bleach</b>: I think Bleach is quite well done. The animation is fine and the choice of music is fitting. Also, a good grasp of pacing. Most here have seen it, so I don't think elaboration is really necessary.

<i>Now, these are some of my all-time favorites. Certainly not all, but a far few of them: </i>

<b>Please Save My Earth</b>: Now, it doesn't cover the entire story or really end, but it is one of the most moving and beautiful stories of all time. The animation is gorgeous to me and the music, by the famed Yoko Kanno, is simply at its best. Please, see this one if you have patience for character development. Keep your eye on Rin and you won't be disappointed. The Japanese voice actor for him also does an outstanding job conveying his uncontrollable swing of maturity between eight-year-old brat and surfacing previous carnation of adult man.

<b>Full Metal Alchemist</b>: Another quite dynamic series, if I do say so. The first episode and the dealings with the chimera were the first to really have impact to me. The execution of the ending left a bit to be desired, but it was generally spot on direction-wise. Oh, and the music was, of course, gorgeous - at times one would think it might be over the top, but the mix with the few subtle themes was well done by whoever was directing. Ed and Al's characters and the strong sibling connection they have is really a shining aspect of the series.

<b>Wolf's Rain</b>: One of those series for patient people. Very emotional and character-driven but likewise, exceedingly beautiful in its craft. Some of the themes lean more into abstraction, but the effect is very nice. What is Paradise? There is plenty of symbolism in the series, and it's lovely to pick out. The state of the world, though, can be quite bleak - like a wasteland. I makes you want to find a Paradise, too. Oh, and can't beat Yoko Kanno's music.

<b>Cowboy Bebop</b>: A fun, upbeat series at first...with the lurking aspects of loneliness and an unescapable past peeking through. This somber mood eventually comes back to really flesh the series out and give it an unforgettable atmospherel. The characters in this one were particularly memorable. Also, the direction was absolutely amazing. In fact, it may be one of if not the best as far as direction goes. Yoko Kanno music as well, and it shines - especially her classy piano and haunting music box pieces.

<b>Ruruouni Kenshin: Memory OVA</b>: I think the TV series had its moments (especially during the Shishio arc) and the last OVA was indeed gorgeous (and heartbreaking), but as far as direction, animation, music, and story - the first OVA series is by far my favorite. It lacks my favorite character (Kaoru), but it is certainly my favorite work of all the Rurouni Kenshin releases. The animation, especially in the first episode, is outstanding. The dark, somber colors really enhance the overbearing atmosphere of war. And, since I find the Bakumatsu quite interesting, the setting is fascinating to me. This is another one that has the music to match. By far Taku Iwasaki's best. A very bittersweet story...

<b>Mushishi:</b> I adore the subtle, gentle directing in this one. It has the drawbacks of not developing what one would call a cast of characters or a specifically difficult plot. In fact, the episodes are more of a fine collection of one-shots. Nonetheless, the background art is jaw-dropping gorgeous! And I love the traditional Japanese flavor each episode retains.

<b>Key the Metal Idol:</b> Lesser known, but a nice series in my opinion. It's edgy and haunting and dark. The storyline might be a bit odd to follow at times, but I quite enjoyed it. Key is an interesting girl, and one of the characters - Tsurugi - really peaked my interest. Key's Lulaby in the end is very memorabe to me. This was one of the earlier series I watched, so I might be a bit biased. But if you're looking for something very strange and yet interesting, it might be something you'd want to look into.

<b>Grave of the Fireflies:</b> It's a movie, but I had to mention it. The warm color palatte...Seta and Setsuko... Oh, it's a tale of how war reaches even the innocent. It's also about a boy's stubborn pride. This is not only one of my favorite anime films of all time, but also one of my favorite war films. Miyazaki doesn't make films like this anymore, and will probably never again. It's long and emotional, but I adore it anyway. Painted backgrounds are to die for...especially at the "home" Seta and Setsuko make in an abandoned shelter.

<b>Princess Mononoke</b>: There was much hype about this movie when it came out, and upon viewing it for the first time, I found it very strange. To be honest, I wasn't sure what exactly I thought about it. The story-telling style was very different for me. It might be hard for some to get into, but I really love it. The setting is so...out of this world amazing, maybe? Ashitaka is a beautiful young man, too. A very fitting protagonist for the movie. This one approaches a lot of complex themes about differences and hate and love and nature and technology and right and wrong and life and beginnings and destruction. It's a lot to think about. And it's moving and oh-so-lovely once you delve completely into it. Plus, that forest is quite possibly the most amazingly gorgeous settings that has <i>ever</i> been animated.

<b>Mobile Suit Gundam 008th MS Team</b>: It was my favorite Gundam Series, and yes, I liked it better than Wing. Something about the protagonist clashing against the side from which his love interest comes from appeals to the undeniable little girl in my heart. Shiro and Aina were just...memorable. I also liked how this battle was less clear-cut or black-and-white about who was "bad" and who was "good." This view on the war was less biased, maybe? I don't know, for some reason, I really grew fond of this one - certainly the latter half of the series. The art was at a nice phase and the characters were fun to get to know.

<i>And, discounting Naruto and Bleach, that was ten. But I feel I must cheat and mention just two more! If that's a problem with rules and all, I'll simply remove them later, guys.</i>

<b>Millenium Actress</b>: Awesome, awesome, awesome. Again, one with an astounding job by the director. I can't express how sad this was for me. For some reason, be it I was in an emotional mood or I was PMSing, I was really able to sympathize with the main character. The artwork was so lovely. It's hard to describe the experience when I saw it. I felt sucked in - like I was on a roller coaster - and then the end came and I <i>should</i> have known that this particular turn of events was coming, but I just didn't <i>see</i> it. This movie has a sort of dreamlike and realistic feel.

<b>Magnetic Rose</b> from <i>Katsuhira Otomo's Memories</i>: This was the highlight out of the three included in the release. The premise might seem boring to some: three space travelers are drawn into an abandoned spaceship that contains a world created by one woman's memories. But really, the sensations created by all that interesting imagery are unforgettable. The juxtaposition of one man's memories in particular to the world of the woman's memories is quite memorable. The soundtrack, of course, is quite lovely, since the woman whose memories are being explored was a former opera singer.

Comic or Manga I'm Reading at the Moment = Vampire Fetish

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Full Metal Alchemist
    2. ( spot reserved for One Piece <3 )
    3. Bleach
    4. Naruto

Wow.... that's a long list

Even though i like Naruto a lot better then Bleach in the manga, the anime version was just made A LOT cooler imo... Naruto's anime version was... less i guess

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Gun Grave
    2. Full Metal Alchemist
    3. Black Lagoon
    4. Bleach
    5. Naruto - filler the worst
    6. One Piece
    7. Akira
    8. Tokyo Godfathers
    9. School Rumble
    10.Samurai Champloo

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

ok.. i'll give it a shot but the im not sure about the order of them... its hard rating stuff against stuff.

1. Naruto without the crappy fillers its the best ever. it was what got me to start watching more animes.
    2. Gundam Seed a series that has such an impact that i sit crying through the half of it makes it a clear favourite
    3. Vampire hunter D Bloodlust. great story glorious animation great music and for once good american voice actors.
    4. Full metal alchemist. another series that made me cry like a little schoolgirl so thats a good one!
    5. Gundam seed Destiny. not as good as Seed but still pretty damn good. and i cried a lot. and thats good
    6. School rumble. both seasons are extremely funny.
    7. Samurai champloo. its a great story and its funny as hell. if it could have the same ending as Cowboy bebop it would have gotten a better placing
    8. GTO. come on! its loads of fun! i want a teacher like that.
    9. Hajime no Ippo. i love the story of the underdog that finds his place in life and theairplane effects in the boxing ring just made it cool
    10. Mai Hime deserves this spot. again if it can make me cry a lot then i like it.

as you can see by my posts i really like when something has an impact be it sad that it makes me cry or be it something so cool that i start jumping up and down in my sofa..

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In no particular order:

Naruto
    Little Petshop of Horrors (So what if it was only 4 episodes?)
    Chobits
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    GetBackers
    Trigun
    Wolf's Rain

That's it for now though...

I'm back :3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Rurouni Kenshin
    2. Naruto
    3. Bleach
    4. DBZ
    5. Yuyu Hakusho
    6. Fruit Basket
    7. Midori No Hibi
    8. GunGrave
    9. Trigun
    10. GetBackers

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member razor's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Naruto
    2.Ouran High School Host Club
    3.Ah! My Goddess
    4.Karin
    5.Shakugan No Shana
    6.Bleach
    7.DB (Z and GT)
    8.Saiyuki
    9.Samurai 7
    10.High School Girls

wakakakaka.
    Procrastination always bring me many wonderful things especially memory leak in programming.LOL

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khal
    1. Full Metal Alchemist
    2. ( spot reserved for One Piece <3 )
    3. Bleach
    4. Naruto

Wow.... that's a long list
    Wow, an even longer list!!

1. Bleach
    2. Full Metal Alchemist
    3. One Piece
    4. Tsubasa Chronicles
    5. Naruto

opinions change when people see more episodes ( only one i finished/am up to date with are FMA and Tsubasa.... )

New Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast