Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Claymore databook translation

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zefyris's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: claymore databook translation

Omg, yes, it's right, not left.
    Thanks for the corrections.

Quote Quote:
    Reciept of reward doesn't make sense, so I changed it to 'receiving of reward.' I know it doesn't work quite right because I replace a noun with a verb, but it was all I could come up with. If you have a better suggestion, I'll probably use it.
    Well, this kind of swaping happen quite a lot anyway when you're translating japanese, since japanese grammar doesn't work like western languages' grammar; meaning is far more important ImO. Besides, I can't think of anything better right now.

Quote Quote:
    The only problem is that youma are not possessing the supression nor are they supressing, therefore it would be youma suppression, with no s, I believe.
    To think that I didn't even know this... Maybe I should go to middle school again to learn english, this should be about the right grammar level ~_~.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, aren't these stats dated to when Priscilla hadn't awakened and Teresa was alive. Priscilla and Clare's stats should be much higher now.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sportgal1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
    To think that I didn't even know this... Maybe I should go to middle school again to learn english, this should be about the right grammar level ~_~.
    lol, you're still way better than I'd ever be. You speak English a lot better than I speak French (I'm assuming you speak French since it says you're from France). Three languages is really impressive.

@thornofcarrion

Yes, this databook is older. Here are Priscilla's awakened stats. There's only five things instead of six, so I don't really know what it means. She's a lot stronger than Duff and Ophelia anyway...

Spoiler show

I thought I'd post some of the cleans of some pages. They're not great, but anyway...

Spoiler show

M1b1us had already done Priscilla's page. http://img220.imageshack.us/i/claymorese01014ue5.jpg/
    Last edited by Sportgal1; February 10, 2010 at 07:59 PM.

4. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why Elena and awakened Katea were included in that. Their stats are laughable.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zefyris's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Yes, this databook is older. Here are Priscilla's awakened stats. There's only five things instead of six, so I don't really know what it means. She's a lot stronger than Duff and Ophelia anyway...
    Well there is obviously no longer any "leadership" part (except maybe for the 3 dwellers stats? ^^).
    Anyway, other things have changed as well, so in order :
    -Youma energy
    -Agility
    - Muscular strength (or physical strength, since I discovered recently that that word could also be translated like that...)
    -Hardness
    -Mental capacity (has expected, Duff got a C hahaha)

Quote Quote:
    You speak English a lot better than I speak French (I'm assuming you speak French since it says you're from France)
    Thanks, though, English is a LOT easier to learn than French (and I seriously don't think it's worth the time to learn our language as a foreign language. Too much exceptions in grammar, spelling and so on for... Nothing, really. There isn't enough abundance of meaning, enough of subtle variations in meanings to justify such difficulty. Japanese is so much interesting to learn... It's difficult, but there is so much abundance in this language... So it's also really rewarding. Well worth it, ImO) so being able to talk a little in English is nothing special today .
    Last edited by Zefyris; September 10, 2009 at 06:57 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sportgal1's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnP_xyBt9pU

This is a translation of the chibi comics, coloured and sort of animated. I thought it was cute.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DragoZERO's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pardon the bump.

I was wondering you guys can post the images on ImageShack or somewhere else. Photobucket resized them or something and they are really hard to read.

Thanks.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Latvia
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided I'd try translating a page of the databooks. I put quite a bit of effort into making sure I did it right, but honestly, the material is above my level, so there may well be errors, and egregious ones at that. Also, I translated the data books rather literally. Here is my translation of page 11 of the first databook (ie. the extended report on Clare):

=====[ Page 11

----[ Top Half

---[ Title

Summary

---[ Upper portion

--[ Comment

She is no genius, but as testing material for correctly measuring the interval between the strong generation and their inheritance, we are monitoring her aptitudes.

--[ Paragraphs

It is the first case of someone joining the organization by their own wishes.
    In light of her motive, for the organization, she is to say an easy talent to make use of.
    This subject, in accordance with her own strong wishes, took in Number 1's flesh and blood, but concerning the abilities, the wished for area is rather far off. As for her own disposition, there might be problems.
    However, as for the thus far halted for various reasons research's subject, the aptitude has been concluded to be clear. As a warrior her growth is questionable, but as the first research example, we concluded in favor of continuing the organization's research.
    The officer in charge is paying attention to this subject's tendencies and reporting in minute detail. We are hoping for some results.

---[ Lower portion

--[ Comment

New potential from transplanted parts

--[ Paragraphs

The profoundly interesting data from Number 47 has increased. That has come from the transplanted parts from a powerful soldier's body.
    The favorable point is that a low ranking number has relatively easily been able to master a high number's advanced ability. In addition to Number 47 having been able to inherit the Quick Sword, the fact that the former Number 2's right arm was transplanted is a big point.
    However, unless Number 47's manner of unique circumstances, the need for lowering a high number's war potential to raise a low number is not recognized at this juncture.

----[ Bottom Half

---[ Title

Special mention

---[ Left-side card

--[ Upper Box

Name: Raki
    (Human)

--[ Lower Box

Specialty: Cooking

--[ Right-side caption

Number 47's inner heart's stability plays a part

--[ Paragraphs

As a youma was disguised as a near relative, he was a typically expelled person from the village.
    Because she saw her former self's figure overlap, she accompanied him. This matter appears to work postively for her mentality. From hereafter the boy's treatment will be entrusted to the officer in charge.

---[ Right-side Text

--[ Comment

Special youki characteristic due to her body being made up of Number 1's body

--[ Paragraphs

Within number 47's abilities, the unique brilliance we see is "sensing" alone.
    Concerning this, of the implanted Number 1's qualities, the portion of inheritance that extremely surpassed expectations succeeded and we determined this favorable.
    In battle techniques too, having attempted number 1's special strong point as well, she is adopting the method to see the flow of youki, but in Number 47's case if there isn't an awakened being class's powerful youki in the first place, she wouldn't see through it, so it cannot be said to be suitable for actual combat.
    The result is unfavorable, but we would like a related phenomenon next.
    Last edited by Stream; December 02, 2010 at 11:09 AM.

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I also do this translation but My friend is more powerful rather than me in this translation I think she will be help you do this translation.
    Last edited by kennymevrick; September 03, 2010 at 11:49 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://claymoredata.blogspot.com

Bookmark if you want, 'cause things are going to get moving now, although it'll be extremely slow, lol.

Edit: Tonight I made .psd's of all the pages for the first book. These include the raws and the cleans. I also added the status page to the blog.

As you can tell, I am fairly serious here. I am lucky to be talented in organization and management. Unfortunately, I lack the knowledge of Japanese (which is needed most) and my Photoshop skills are mediocre. I hope some of you can help out in there.
    Last edited by DragoZERO; December 06, 2010 at 10:29 PM.

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

If someone could translate this page (or at least the legend of the graph) I would be most obliged:

Spoiler show

Apparently it shows which techniques are best, which is the fastest, which is the most powerful, etc. Pretty interesting stuff if you ask me. I know that DragoZERO is working on it but there was no update since half a year and we might wait a long time before this apge is scanlated.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no one to translate.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like some good find there Goral. Hope somone can translate it soon. I also noticed that Clares Quicksword and Quicksword + (yoki release / full power?), in both cases is still slower and weaker then Ilena's Quicksword. That and also Flora's Windcutter is slower then Clare's Quicksword + (yoki release / full power?), confirming what Flora said about QS being faster but Windcutter being more precise. Flora's WC still a lot slower then Ilena's QS thought, I guess that's just the difference between #2 and #8.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are Chinese scanlations of databooks with some pages not available in Japanese ones (the ones that can be found on the Internet):

Databook 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?wcrh1c4b81biwzz

Databook 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?rbdpcm05crljyj2

Databook 3 - http://www.mediafire.com/?jlwt67u63cu9kld#1

Maybe you will find them useful DragoZERO, assuming you will find someone willing to translate it. Maybe there will be someone who knows Chinese who could do it?

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rigardo's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    If someone could translate this page (or at least the legend of the graph) I would be most obliged:

Spoiler show

Apparently it shows which techniques are best, which is the fastest, which is the most powerful, etc. Pretty interesting stuff if you ask me. I know that DragoZERO is working on it but there was no update since half a year and we might wait a long time before this apge is scanlated.
    I've scanned the page and sent it to babylon site for translation and here we go ...

Spoiler show

---------- Post added October 26, 2011 at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was October 17, 2011 at 04:53 PM ----------

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3...tabookmind.jpg
    http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3...kprocesses.jpg

24. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast