Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Claymore databook translation

  1. #61
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore databook translation

    BTW, I may have spoken too soon:

    Compare:
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/7268/cl...2_by_10sigh/17

    with:



    It's possible that Gernot has also translated it like this in some other chapter. The method I've shown you isn't as efficient as I would like.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #62
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore databook translation

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    BTW, I may have spoken too soon:

    Compare:
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/7268/cl...2_by_10sigh/17

    with:



    It's possible that Gernot has also translated it like this in some other chapter. The method I've shown you isn't as efficient as I would like.

    No it's fine ^^
    It's the best I could use without the raws at hand.
    Hmm I see, well I was half-expecting that anyways (I was thinking about the exact same scene before,) I will make changes to my post then very shortly

  4. #63
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore databook translation

    Wow, great job Utsune. You really give the best that you could. I am really glad when someone with knowledge liek that wants to help out, but I don't think that the problem is in the people themselves. I am sure that many would like to help out in whatever way they can but the problem is language, not many people know Japanese ( myself included ). In fact lot of people here know just one or two languages ( their first language and English are the most basic. Those who speak English as first language don't speak any other language or they speak one of the other big ones like German, French or Spanish ). There are few people here who knows it and they are helping whatever they can, so Utsune I am really grateful that you were able to do this. I would help too with the chapters, but seeing how I know only Serbian and English there isn't much that I can do at all but speculate for the next chapter ( aldo if you need something translated form Serbian, Croatian or Bosnian you know who to ask now ).
    So once again, thanks Utsune

    Now for the translations:
    They are very interesting, they speak on how much in fact Organization knows about everything that is happening around them ( short of the Ghosts off course ). The interesting fact was with Alicia and Beth, by the looks of it it seems that they have taken unknown number of twins, experimented on them and determined that those two were the best candidates.

    And one more interesting thing that cough my eye, about the Perfect youki alignment: "By fully achieving youki homogenization, perfect youki alignment becomes possible. There are a considerable number of warriors that excel in youki alignment, but perfect alignment is only achieved for the first time by Alicia and Beth." Even if they have written that Alicia and Beth were the first ones to do this - they never mentioned that single warrior couldn't do it, they just said that Alicia and Beth were the first one to do it. So if we take Miria, Deneve, Helen and Clare into the equation could it be possible for them to Awaken and then return to their Human form after awakening? Similar to what Jean done but with full control over their bodies while they are awakened like Alicia and Beth?

    When thinking about this it brings just one idea into my mind: This battle between Priscilla and Clare, if this theory is true and Clare perfects her synchronization with her awakening and keeping her human mind in check - theoretically she could awaken and remain like that for a period in time, defeat Priscilla and then return to Human form. This sounds for plausible way for her to defeat Priscilla without inventing something ridiculous like Priscilla converting back because she remembered something, lowering her guard so that Clare could kill her.
    Last edited by Brother Coa; February 20, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #64
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore databook translation

    Welcome ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    And one more interesting thing that cough my eye, about the Perfect youki alignment: "By fully achieving youki homogenization, perfect youki alignment becomes possible. There are a considerable number of warriors that excel in youki alignment, but perfect alignment is only achieved for the first time by Alicia and Beth." Even if they have written that Alicia and Beth were the first ones to do this - they never mentioned that single warrior couldn't do it, they just said that Alicia and Beth were the first one to do it. So if we take Miria, Deneve, Helen and Clare into the equation could it be possible for them to Awaken and then return to their Human form after awakening? Similar to what Jean done but with full control over their bodies while they are awakened like Alicia and Beth?

    Ah no, I think they really could be the first ones to do it perfectly. Sure Galatea, Clare, Cynthia, and Yuma can go synchro, but I don't think they're at a level that can fully control one another such as the level A&B can do. They may be able to 'tune' their youki to something near the 'frequency' of their targets, but 'homogeneity' suggests 'exactly the same.' I'll involve a bit of physics here :P

    If you look at the following diagram (I just randomly found it online,) the sine curves have the same frequency, alignment is therefore possible (everything lining up nicely.) However, the none of the curves are the same as each other, and we say that homogeneity is not achieved.



    Also, seeing that they need a special pair of twin sisters who obtain flesh from the same Youma, and receive training from an early age, I doubt Clare and co could do anything near that level of synchronization. They were very vague about soul-linking as well, as if you get to a certain level in synchro and bam, soul-linked D:


    Hmm in fact thanks for raising this point, I did thought alignment and synchronization were the same thing but now I think otherwise. I really need to go double-check my translation, so please keep that in mind, the words are subject to change!!!! >_< Wait actually scrap that, I am soo tired I have no idea what I'm typing anymore. My eyes can't open and my fingers hurt, done too much work today including this translation hahahaa. I'll get back to you tomorrow LOL.






    ---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------






    @Goral & Brother Coa
    Now that I'm not tired and actually conscious lol, I finally read through your posts properly.

    I think the Databook is slightly different in the sense that it is very formal with many technical terms, not to mention the large chunks of text on each page. For me, I find it much easier to translate this because I'm personally quite picky about the usage of words, where a slight change can make a huge impact on its implication. However, for the exact same reason, I absolutely find it difficult in translating speeches and dialogues. I don't know how long it takes other people, but I definitely take way too long for my liking. Translating it literally accurate is fine, but doing so while retaining the 'feel' or the 'mood' of the dialogue/speech is a challenge for me, not to mention I'm a fussy about the details, I take too much time in finding the perfect translation/expression that satisfies both requirements.

    My point being, I'm sure some people will have a kind of preference towards the type of material they translate, whether they're comfortable and confident about it or not



    Also, after being able to think clearly, I have added a noted to my translation post. But I'll quote it here anyway:
    Spoiler show



    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    When thinking about this it brings just one idea into my mind: This battle between Priscilla and Clare, if this theory is true and Clare perfects her synchronization with her awakening and keeping her human mind in check - theoretically she could awaken and remain like that for a period in time, defeat Priscilla and then return to Human form. This sounds for plausible way for her to defeat Priscilla without inventing something ridiculous like Priscilla converting back because she remembered something, lowering her guard so that Clare could kill her.
    I'm not too sure about that. The Databook is saying you need two people, one to release youriki, the other to suppress youki. The side that suppresses is in charge of restraining the urge to awaken of the releasing side. Alicia awakens only the body, while her mind is kept safe by Beth, who is synchronized/soul-linked with her, and my hypothesis is that Alicia's existence at that moment is virtually inside Beth, co-existing with her mind, while Beth is also controlling her mind because their youki is exactly the same i.e. homogeneous. Think of it as a remote control. As long as you get the type of signal and frequencies right, you can control the same object through various controllers. Saying this, I'm starting to see the notable difference between typical youki alignment, and youki alignment to a level that they soul-link. My thought is, if they're not soul-linked, it is not possible to take care of another person's mind.

    Therefore, I think you'll need at least another person to get Clare back from her awakened state. In fact, this has been shown between Jean and Clare on two occassions (poetically speaking, during their first meeting and their final moments :'( ) However, this is slightly different to A&B, because we know that neither of them have their human minds lost in both cases, which may assist in bringing themselves back from early stages of awakening without requiring homogeneityin youki.




    Ok, more translation.

    I've been wanting to translate this for a while. The 4-panel comics (or 4-koma) at the end of Databook 3 are absolute jokes (There are some at the end of Book 2, too.) I'm somewhat sorry to say but I actually love these few strips so much more than the main series all together, and I love the main series don't get me wrong. I might have a thing for 4-koma though. Personally I think someone should prioritize in making these few pages into English lol.




    Anyways, here is the translation for the 4-koma in Databook 3:

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Utsune; February 21, 2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: I'm so sleepy I'm typing everything wrong

  7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #65
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore databook translation

    Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    I'm not too sure about that. The Databook is saying you need two people, one to release youriki, the other to suppress youki. The side that suppresses is in charge of restraining the urge to awaken of the releasing side. Alicia awakens only the body, while her mind is kept safe by Beth, who is synchronized/soul-linked with her, and my hypothesis is that Alicia's existence at that moment is virtually inside Beth, co-existing with her mind, while Beth is also controlling her mind because their youki is exactly the same i.e. homogeneous. Think of it as a remote control. As long as you get the type of signal and frequencies right, you can control the same object through various controllers. Saying this, I'm starting to see the notable difference between typical youki alignment, and youki alignment to a level that they soul-link. My thought is, if they're not soul-linked, it is not possible to take care of another person's mind.

    Therefore, I think you'll need at least another person to get Clare back from her awakened state. In fact, this has been shown between Jean and Clare on two occassions (poetically speaking, during their first meeting and their final moments :'( ) However, this is slightly different to A&B, because we know that neither of them have their human minds lost in both cases, which may assist in bringing themselves back from early stages of awakening without requiring homogeneityin youki.
    Thanks for clearing this out.

    I was thinking among this lines:

    The databook didn't said that that you need two people to do it - but that Alicia and Beth are the fist one to do it. That is why I assumed that even individual can do it if he has strong enough mind and will ( like Jean ). But your theory is holding strong - you need to have a very powerful brain in order to hold your Humanity in check, or at least a help for a comrade who is skillful enough to synchronise with your yoki and to keep powerful enough to keep your Humanity in check. And so far in manga none other than Beth and Jean demonstrated this. But then we have Clare and co. who are essentially half awakened and can go over their limits and actually increase their powers. I am wondering is their half-awakening key to be actually able to fully awaken one day and not lose your Humanity?

    But that is story for another thread. Thank you again for translating those comics, I really enjoyed Miria one with "zero success" and Clare and pantsy one XD
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  9. #66
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sutafu
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore databook translation

    Honestly I think it could be achieved- the awakening fully, retaining the mind for a combat, and then returning back to human form.
    However, would you be considered an Awakened One if you did that?
    I know Riful, Priscilla, Isley, Luciela and most of the awakened beings have all been able to revert back to human form after they awakened.
    If Clare were to do this, when she reverted back to human form, would it be like she had never awakened before, or would she simply possess partially awakened powers like the above?
    Looking at the half awakened characters, they already possess such alarming traits of crossing over to the awakened, yet they never fully completed their awakening (except Jean).
    Perhaps you just need to have some absurd mentality, (like Jean), since she did demonstrate awakening the physical body fully, but still being able to retain the mental body and not going insane.

    Then again, perhaps awakening into the Queen of Blades and retaining the mind could be the ultimate way for Clare to beat up Priscilla.
    Who knows, maybe Yagi was doing all this plot envelopment simply so he could build a plausible foundation for such an ending?o.o

    With Galatea, I honestly don't think her Yoki abilities are that incredible.
    In the Pieta Campaign, remember Clare witnessing the male Yoki controllers, and how they could easily control the Yoki of a whole AB hunting party?
    I think Clare even noted that this Yoki controlling power was much more superior to that of Galatea's capability.
    Since apparently all Galatea could do was alter Dauf's attacks and close his mouth; she was never able to fully stop his attacks.
    But Dauf had some incredible SSS+ ranked Yoki, so this could be the reason why her control was not so significant.

  10. #67
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore databook translation

    @Utsune

    I've got bad news for you. 4-komas have been translated for years...

    https://www.box.com/s/ijfmvmkqv5shtkuubo7v

    ---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

    First 3 pages have been translated and scanlated by Rigardo (he posted them a couple of pages back but his links expired):





    Spoiler: links to boxnet in case imagebam ones would stop working show


    ---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

    There's also this: https://www.box.com/s/pprqep7panybx1an1ixr

    And that's all I have that's translated.
    Last edited by Goral; February 22, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #68
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore databook translation

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    @Utsune

    I've got bad news for you. 4-komas have been translated for years...

    https://www.box.com/s/ijfmvmkqv5shtkuubo7v
    BREEZY. AH.
    So that's the word I've been looking for :P

    There's only one overlapping part in the translated Databook, which is the [C] Concept bit,
    and in fact now we can consult with two versions of translation just in case
    It's quite a complicated matter after all, ahah.
    Thanks for posting the rest, too. It seems previous efforts were mostly in Databook I.
    One double-page chart from Databook III has also been done, but I haven't got up to there yet myself.
    Other than character profiles, there are only two pages left for me (Suspicion for Half-awakenings.)
    But I just started Databook II in parallel as well.
    Shouldn't have repeated any other things for now ^^

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts