Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1769

Thread: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Gantz Hangout Thread

The ending will be good if it was actually planned in advance, though I suspect Gantz is a planned manga it does feel rushed to end it this year. But it is not that perhaps, it is how many new and old characters need to have an ending to THEIR character. I mean sure it must be Kei and maybe Katou to get the spotlight of the end but it really is not as such now that we have all these characters.

Oku might pull the solution of killing them all, except for the ones he actually cares and has a story to close them off. It will be clear if he has planned the ending a long time ago or did he slip a bit during some parts and went in a different direction from the original plan, if so some plot holes that never should have been will emerge and we will see where did he stray away from the plan.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Vol. 33 Cover (Better Quality):

Kurono wearing the Hard Suit in HQ:

(キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

3. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So anyone else see the news about the american soldiers urinating on the dead bodies of those people? Am I the only person who thought about that issue of Gantz when they pissed to show off defiance?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    So anyone else see the news about the american soldiers urinating on the dead bodies of those people? Am I the only person who thought about that issue of Gantz when they pissed to show off defiance?
    Not really they weren't really being defiant since they're not oppressed peoples but it does prove my theory that acts of heroism (whether what they did was heroic is up to you) does trigger a synchronisation of men's urinary cycles.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Down Re: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    What a stupid and tasteless comparison!

What these soldiers did is disgusting(I really hope they get punished!)and besides the act of peeing, it has nothing to do what happened in the Manga!
    They were pissing in WATER, not on corpses! And they most likely did it because they had to do it!
    Don't compare Manga/Comics with something dramatic and horrifying that happens in real life, it is stupid and tasteless!

No wonder why the world keeps disliking Americans more and more!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZ3nCXyb_Q

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not unique to American soldiers. Every army has it's own 'Osaka team'.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The gantzers pissing in the pool I just thought it was a sense of unity by having the boys live it up and all piss together in a pool lol.

Man looking bad, I miss how different it was then and scary. Now its more comical and predictable. Nothing they could do though unless they made gantz the bad guy have it like saw. But then it turns into men in black rated R

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    The gantzers pissing in the pool I just thought it was a sense of unity by having the boys live it up and all piss together in a pool lol.

Man looking bad, I miss how different it was then and scary. Now its more comical and predictable. Nothing they could do though unless they made gantz the bad guy have it like saw. But then it turns into men in black rated R
    lol! that's their idea of living it up? It also reminds me of that song, "pissing the night away!! I get knocked down then up again!" Someone needs to make a amv with that song.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

yep its a team bonding thing and to so make the girls feel awkward.
    I wonder how Reika and Anzu felt when seeing Kei and Kato drop their dacks and started doing the guy thing.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ The piss in the pool is definitely projecting a sense of camaraderie, establishing that they are in it to help Kei2 in his mission to save humans; that they have accepted that kind of fate/occupancy.

Gantz hasn't given me a different edge of feel in a long while. Nonetheless, I enjoy every update.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy it too, but the first 150 chapters were different than anything before imo. Comparing to now, hard to explain. It was a creative idea of a game of death and then the plot turn simple afterwards, idk I think I just don't like the plot in the final phrase. Like the new characters are cool though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    I enjoy it too, but the first 150 chapters were different than anything before imo. Comparing to now, hard to explain. It was a creative idea of a game of death and then the plot turn simple afterwards, idk I think I just don't like the plot in the final phrase. Like the new characters are cool though.
    The beginning of every manga is different than how it ends. Remember when Bleach was good?

But on the plot, I feel the opposite. I actually always hated the idea of it being a game of death.

And then the germans come by and literally tell us "yeah this is just a game to us, and we bet on your outcomes"

That was pretty silly. I was hoping for a deeper reason, like who is transmitting the technology information for gantz in the first place. But we are still waiting on that I hope.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The first mission was like an anti-thesis to its plot building and that made me really interested in Gantz. It was a fresh/raw idea.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enn View Post
    The first mission was like an anti-thesis to its plot building and that made me really interested in Gantz. It was a fresh/raw idea.
    What got me hooked for the first mission was the contrast between the first gantzers and the onion alien.

The fighters were such assholes except for Kato, and when I saw how sad the Onion Father was at his sons death, I knew I fuckin loved this series.

I love anti-hero stories. And basically gantz is a bunch of people running around killing innocent beings lol.

It wasn't until the Oni mission that they started to warrant being hunted. And Im sure it was no mistake that they made those bad guys look like Earth inspired demons for the purpose of that mission.

Then osaka basically prepared us for war. and the anti-hero element was phased out, and its became irrelevant who was good and bad. Its just survival match now.
    Last edited by kliff2004; January 13, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most ppl about not liking the final phrase but the reason I liked Gantz (and i think i said this before) was the stories in the stories. I never cared about the overall story or the origin of the gantz ball but just loved people you meet in the missions and the conflicts that occurred.

New Reply
Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast