Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1769

Thread: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    And then the germans come by and literally tell us "yeah this is just a game to us, and we bet on your outcomes"
    That isn't the true reason for creating gantz, only one of the many that tey tell to the journalists -- at least as I think, because Sebastian said somthing like this too.
    Or maybe I'm wrong and i should re-read that part...? But i think its a lame theory anyway, so it should be just a 'fan-service' thing... for not knowing anything about gantz at the 300th chapter, so they threw a bone to chew on it...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Right, with this final arc, it's as if the main purpose is defense against the human-esque aliens. At least, that's how I see it for now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enn View Post
    ^ Right, with this final arc, it's as if the main purpose is defense against the human-esque aliens. At least, that's how I see it for now.
    yeah I'd imagine that Prior to the katastrophe, maybe the game itself was used to spread the word of the gantz technology to other rich elites.

And that yes, they wanted to use this technology to re-claim earth after the attack.

Thats all fine and dandy, but I just hope they tell us WHO was sending the information to the fat retarded german girl.

If anyones ever seen invader zim, theres an episode in it, that is very similar to gantz.

The main character Dib is visited by aliens, these aliens are fighting the same aliens Dib is fighting on earth, but are in a different part of the galaxy. So they give him some of their powers to help him deal with the bad aliens on earth.

I'd imagine thats exactly why the gantz technology was given to the humans.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Quite a technology that fat German lady is channeling though: manipulating people's lives after their time of death.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN lol. They somehow have control over our bodies once they die. It seems that Gantz can touch anybody but they are only allowed to do it when a person dies to be fair. The anime made it look stage like all these people in the town die right about the same time so how does that work? But then Seb kinda gave us an answer on how he was predicting deaths that would happen all around us.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

... and Sebastian's being is a big question itself! And, I still find it unfair with what they did to the older aliens, like how they said they only wanted to live in peace and maybe away from the human-esque aliens who most probably treat them as animals, just like humans. It's not like they will help the human-esque aliens when they started their earth domination plan.

Nurari alien and the aliens from Italy looked as if they were entirely from a different league or supposition of living in earth.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

That was the main theme of gantz, "its okay to kill them because they're not humans, replies how hypocritical" But yeah its pretty much like how people are put in jail for illegally going to other land without a visa and gantz deals with them like this cause they're aliens.
    But all the aliens have been a THREAT to human beings. The Osaka and Italy ones were the only ones that attacked all of a sudden but the others were by fighting back, but with the damage they could cause no longer gantz would want them killed. The Onion alien was too, whos to say that someone sees the kid and beats it up cause its a little alien/freak then big daddy will kill them. But that little one was the kindest, Nurai and the two mini bosses seem the smartest, they talked to the vampires and said they gave off the gantzer feeling. So they could sense that they were gantz people now...how??? the chip in their heads but how do the aliens know that? They could be informed by others. The other thing in earlier missions, how were the aliens invisible to the public, the bird robot was before missions i think. Does gantz already have the power to kill all of those aliens in missions but doesn't, they use them to test the humans fighting.

PS I don't make sense lol

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

... and Oku has to start somewhere lol.

That's an interesting idea, why didn't the German manufacturer of Gantz, most probably already seeing the threat of aliens, just provide a weapon that would be more reliable for defense rather than playing with people's lives after death and test them? For money? Or, can the humans themselves only be the solution against the said threat (as channeled by the fat Germand lady)?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: The Gantz Hangout Thread

... and Oku has to start somewhere lol.

That's an interesting idea, why didn't the German manufacturer of Gantz, most probably already seeing the threat of aliens, just provide a weapon that would be more reliable for defense rather than playing with people's lives after death and test them? For money? Or, can the humans themselves only be the solution against the said threat (as channeled by the fat Germand lady)?
    well the thing to keep in mind is that, the gantz technology has been around for at least 15 years.

I say 15 because I fucking fat retard german girl is HUGE!

She doesn't seem to be the size of a childs body, so she must at least be a teen ager.

I'd imagine that they've been testing the gantz technology for years getting used to it.

The germans said themselves that they were trying to get the people to know about it and told major news companies, only to be dismissed as liars. Thats pretty fuckin realistic if you ask me.

So it would follow that essentially they've been trying to get an army together. But they went about it in the fucking most retarded way humanly possible.

I love that they only used people when they died, which truly meant that they owned their soldiers since they gave them a second chance at life.

But I dunno, I'd have just gotten a private fuckin army of gantz soldiers, and trained them properly. Not just constantly resurrect rapists and elderly people >__>

Gantz made it perfectly clear that he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

I love how when he was done with his missions, he got out of his ball

and fucking walked down the street like he just didnt give a fuck XD

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Yeah HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN lol. They somehow have control over our bodies once they die. It seems that Gantz can touch anybody but they are only allowed to do it when a person dies to be fair. The anime made it look stage like all these people in the town die right about the same time so how does that work? But then Seb kinda gave us an answer on how he was predicting deaths that would happen all around us.
    and lets not forget that in the beginning they constantly showed satellite like imagery as to how Gantz tracked you.

They always started out in space and then would zoom into the surface of the earth.

So their's probably gantz balls orbiting earth.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

any of you know where I can find a site that sells gantz merchandise?

I'd love mabye a mini figure, a wallscroll, poster

what I'd really really love is a Gantz art book if that exists at all.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ That fat German lady can even be in her earlier 20s, I think. But her father did say that it took time for him (with the help of others) to decipher what she wanted to channel. It's quite sad and unbelievable that even the other states aren't alarmed about the information that they have and just shrugged it off... to think that warfare/military development has always been one of the excuse the state governments have for security against each other (as there will always be potential retaliation for an offense, regardless of how little it is or even if it's just accidental, that has been done). Still, why not produce also a weapon? Army? I remembered how the Nurari alien almost easily dispatched (not without a good fight, of course) Oka. Are the human-esque aliens not that big of a threat?

Quote Quote:
    But I dunno, I'd have just gotten a private fuckin army of gantz soldiers, and trained them properly. Not just constantly resurrect rapists and elderly people >__>
    LOL, indeed. If they wanted an army for defense, why not train them properly or get the good ones and not just let them figure out alone on how to kill aliens/use weapons provided for them? I remember the Buddhist person, trying so hard to exact his own useless calculations (by preaching and praying) in the situation. But maybe, Gantz is just being spoiled, doing whatever it is that he wants. Just like you said, it seemed that he didn't even give a fuck over catasrophe. Where he is headed to? For support? Or just strolling around like a boss?

Anyway, sharing a Nishi page that I colored ages ago (this was during the time Gantz went on hiatus/withdrawal syndrome):
    Spoiler show

Very random unnecessary to the story thought: what do you think is Kaze's dayjob? Since he's feeding Takeshi and doing all that fatherly responsibilities. Or, maybe he does this underground combat arena?

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Very random unnecessary to the story thought: what do you think is Kaze's dayjob? Since he's feeding Takeshi and doing all that fatherly responsibilities. Or, maybe he does this underground combat arena?
    Im sure whenever he needed money, he would just go rob some thugs lol.

Dont make much money ya know.......saving the world and such >__>

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

LOOK WHAT I FOUND: http://m.crunchyroll.com/article/?id=8259

Finally a figure I really want, but for THAT price????? Seriously???

Everytime something comes out I really want, it is either fokken rare or expensive a fok, or BOTH!!! Had exactly the same problem when they released that Christopher Johnnson figure and those Alien-weapons! For whom are they doing these figures? Certainly NOT for the real fans! Most likely for rich c*cksuckers that are plan to buy them just that they can resell them for a much higher price later!

End of rant.* Now excuse me, I have to go in a dark corner to cry!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

About technology...

I kinda thought it was obvious that invaders are actually the ones that sent the data for the technology.
    "Gantz is meant for reach people to entertain themself" - That's true, tho he never specified that those people are actually humans, have you seen the crowd when Gantzers fought those aliens?
    Hacking of Gantz
    Mind reading
    Brain wave tracking - people are brought to Gantz the same way Tae was found
    Air Compression - H Gun
    Design - Somewhat similar alien armor and gantzer gear design in addition to the fact that alien suits have "Gantz Juice" inside
    Date of arrival - Katastrophe! Maybe that was not the time left till the Katastrophe, but time it took for mothership to fly from Point A to Point B - Earth, place where beacon, they've transmitted via big lady, was built and placed?

How to entertain yourself. Take brain reading device, set it to work backwards, send data of beacon, let any intelligent race build it, fly over there! And while you're at it, share some warfare gear, to watch some awesome fights!

And i totally bet that they found out other planets the same way, by sending their technology to them. Fools build their stuff by mistake and attract them. Pretty much a Trojan horse.

But maybe its me, whos on crazy train...
    Last edited by Sollum; January 26, 2012 at 05:45 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Naturally, the German producer of Gantz balls clearly didn't utilize the technology channeled by his daughter in that way. He used it for his own good/purpose, regardless of its potential threat (even though I guess he made an effort to disclose the information, but the media shrugged the story). The issue here is communicating the channeled information properly, regardless of who provides it; in your view, if it is really the aliens that gave out the information, the receivers/humans could've done something more enabling them to go against the givers/aliens. The end of Gantz will prove that.

Btw:
    Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    Im sure whenever he needed money, he would just go rob some thugs lol.

Dont make much money ya know.......saving the world and such >__>
    Lol, yes, robbing robbers is actually a good idea, although I don't think that's a good thing to teach your kid!
    Last edited by Enn; January 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    About technology...

I kinda thought it was obvious that invaders are actually the ones that sent the data for the technology.
    "Gantz is meant for reach people to entertain themself" - That's true, tho he never specified that those people are actually humans, have you seen the crowd when Gantzers fought those aliens?
    Hacking of Gantz
    Mind reading
    Brain wave tracking - people are brought to Gantz the same way Tae was found
    Air Compression - H Gun
    Design - Somewhat similar alien armor and gantzer gear design in addition to the fact that alien suits have "Gantz Juice" inside
    Date of arrival - Katastrophe! Maybe that was not the time left till the Katastrophe, but time it took for mothership to fly from Point A to Point B - Earth, place where beacon, they've transmitted via big lady, was built and placed?

How to entertain yourself. Take brain reading device, set it to work backwards, send data of beacon, let any intelligent race build it, fly over there! And while you're at it, share some warfare gear, to watch some awesome fights!

And i totally bet that they found out other planets the same way, by sending their technology to them. Fools build their stuff by mistake and attract them. Pretty much a Trojan horse.

But maybe its me, whos on crazy train...
    Its not obvious that the invaders sent the technology because its still unknown who did it.

What your doing is having an "opinion", and its impossible for your opinion to be obvious to other people, unless they are psychic.

Its entirely possible that they sent the technology sure. But its biting them in the ass right now, and proving to be an incredibly stupid idea.

So I personally don't want the aliens to be the source of the technology, cause that would make them fuckin retarded.

Its like when Vegeta let Cell change to his perfect form. That was retarded as shit, and bit him in the ass. And it really made him look stupid.

I felt the aliens are watching the gantzers like its news, not how the germans were broadcasting it like the game show it was.

Also, I dont remember any mind reading.

And brainwave tracking and what gantz does are two different things. Gantz keeps track of you based on a computer chip inside your head, the aliens dont need the chip, which seems more technologically advanced to be honest.

And the H-gun I felt was more about gravity, not air compression.
    Last edited by kliff2004; January 27, 2012 at 02:39 PM.

New Reply
Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast