Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 54 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 279 Spoiler Discussion

first i consider the potential of this manga. it's very open ended and guessing the future without doing quite calculated guesses makes it 1 guess in a million. also focusing on 1 guess leaves all the other real potentials in the dark. so Oku has complete power to keep us in the dark guessing with our thumbs up our...

it doesn't really matter to me who is revived ((except nishi and katou (best choice ever, biasedly, it can't be topped)) and also the points don't matter. Oku can throw points away and slow down his story at any pace he pleases, by who he revives and how he chooses the characters to spend the points. i am very surprised and disappointed to hear kurono is coming back (only because it changes the stories pace and potential to branch off into outer space). kurono keeps everything grounded.

it seems to me the vampires are going to be a very landmark alien mission in the future. possibly ending the second arc and creating a buddha'ish wipe. I don't think HS will care about the vampires or gantzers like he did before. isn't it funny how he doesn't care about anyone but just does his job to do the dirty work for vamps? maybe he won't care about vampires anymore simple because who he is has changed.

i can't ever imagine any of these gantzers having any leg up over the aliens, it's gonna be a struggle until the very end; heartache and survival of the fittest all the way.

i'd like to see a lazier gantzer in the future, with a more laid back attitude. fighting with muscle = high % of dying. they need a taoist who follows the way of life and just flows with the gantz! i loved in the nuri mission all the ganja (more power to him for that bold move). i think the best way to survive is heavy teamwork and accepting no one has the key to survival. no one person can confidently walk down easy street.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@cass
    i agree with every point you made. I think that by bringing Kurono back oku losses a card that he could of played later in many ways. I wouldnt however say im dissapointed hes back because I know Oku will make it interesting

Also does anyone know is the end of the second stage ill be the end of the show or are more stages planned. ::Crosses fingers::
    Last edited by Kozar927; August 25, 2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what disappoints me is that kurono always keeps this manga on a steady path. i think the last time it really branched off was the buddha mission. i only really see this manga going in a new arc with kurono falling off his high throne. i was expecting katou or if Oku was crazy enough nishi taking the reigns. not exactly as leader, but as the person with the most power. kurono has an atmosphere that follows him and controls this manga(Izumi had a weird atmosphere too, made the whole manga feel different). Kurono soaks up all the potential storyline and pages! i think he represents the average person and connects to people on many levels, whereas katou and nishi are a select breed. most probably i think this manga will stay grounded until the end (it fails) or hits future arcs. oku could play the kurono death card again, but it does feel like it'd be weak. maybe he's afraid to lose him lol. but Oku always thinks out of the box. kill him once kill him twice, have him come back retarded, it'll all be good.

the story has always been weaker since the buddha mission. the whole tone before it was mysterious and scary. now it's unpredictable still, yet grounded (opposed to free floating). the whole current gantz dream team should have had many more death's if it stuck with the old tone. i think the manga's two biggest options are to die weak just like a gantzer from lack of ideas, or expand quite far. Gantz has been a crazy journey so far, is it time to switch it up again? maybe after 1000pts you become a gantz ball. i wonder how sales are doing in japan?

i don't want to see tae anymore unless she's independent of her lover boy, or unless he cheats on her with reika or unless they wrap that sh*t up tastefully. but then again, kishimoto was the hottest thing since sliced bread. reika is hollow plastic compared to that angel. oka's dreadlocked suit was great. i felt for him when the dreads got clipped. maybe we can see a rasta gantzer!

it's probably a good idea if a mod moves this post and my other not far above it to the predications thread, as it probably doesn't belong in spoilers
    Last edited by cassaruby; August 25, 2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: move

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    LOL at the zoo manager... they'd be upgrading their security every time Hoi Hoi "escapes," but it won't ever do them any good.

I wonder what Host Samurai is going to do now... He doesn't have many options, but I think he might try to explain his situation to the organisation. I think if he does, he might eventually be attacked by someone from the organisation, just 'cause he's a gantzer now.
    No his head will go boom.

Quote Originally Posted by cassaruby View Post
    what disappoints me is that kurono always keeps this manga on a steady path. i think the last time it really branched off was the buddha mission. i only really see this manga going in a new arc with kurono falling off his high throne. i was expecting katou or if Oku was crazy enough nishi taking the reigns. not exactly as leader, but as the person with the most power. kurono has an atmosphere that follows him and controls this manga(Izumi had a weird atmosphere too, made the whole manga feel different). Kurono soaks up all the potential storyline and pages! i think he represents the average person and connects to people on many levels, whereas katou and nishi are a select breed. most probably i think this manga will stay grounded until the end (it fails) or hits future arcs. oku could play the kurono death card again, but it does feel like it'd be weak. maybe he's afraid to lose him lol. but Oku always thinks out of the box. kill him once kill him twice, have him come back retarded, it'll all be good.

the story has always been weaker since the buddha mission. the whole tone before it was mysterious and scary. now it's unpredictable still, yet grounded (opposed to free floating). the whole current gantz dream team should have had many more death's if it stuck with the old tone. i think the manga's two biggest options are to die weak just like a gantzer from lack of ideas, or expand quite far. Gantz has been a crazy journey so far, is it time to switch it up again? maybe after 1000pts you become a gantz ball. i wonder how sales are doing in japan?

i don't want to see tae anymore unless she's independent of her lover boy, or unless he cheats on her with reika or unless they wrap that sh*t up tastefully. but then again, kishimoto was the hottest thing since sliced bread. reika is hollow plastic compared to that angel. oka's dreadlocked suit was great. i felt for him when the dreads got clipped. maybe we can see a rasta gantzer!

it's probably a good idea if a mod moves this post and my other not far above it to the predications thread, as it probably doesn't belong in spoilers
    Man I wish I had Oku's little note about how he felt about Gantz atm and how he was going to change things up. But to make the long story short he said that he wants his viewers, I can't explain it but he made.... a allegory of masturbation towards it......
    Last edited by EliteBeatAgents; August 25, 2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kozar927 View Post
    @cass
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Also does anyone know is the end of the second stage ill be the end of the show or are more stages planned. ::Crosses fingers::
    Well Oku has a plan to end the manga already, so he knows where he is going. If you check out this thread, you'll have an interview explaining the whole thing. Good read.

Look at the first post.
    President Netero/My D-A account!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Re: The Gantz Hang-Out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheGenius View Post
    I mostly think that there is another room in the Gantz room that withholds BFG's.

Look at this room, everything written "Inconnu" means that it is unknown. It is a fair representation of the room. You'll have to scroll down.

http://gantzotaku.com/dossier-gantz.1.html

Épée = Sword
    Cuisine = Kitchen
    Lieu d'arrivé = Arrival point

can anyone show me a chapter where we see the kitchen in the gatz flat???????

maybe i misread kei making an omelette for the team...

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Gantz Hang-Out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nutuna View Post
    can anyone show me a chapter where we see the kitchen in the gatz flat???????

maybe i misread kei making an omelette for the team...
    Click the link and click each square/room, they made a reference to the manga for each room. Quite nice nah? Props to Kei-Kun!
    President Netero/My D-A account!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well........apart from all that, I was re-reading the osaka arc and does anyone else find it wierd what anzu says here.
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/gantz-c...6-page-11.html

I'm referring to the i heard about it before even stepping in the room part, is she joking or is it a mis-trans?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
    I'm referring to the i heard about it before even stepping in the room part, is she joking or is it a mis-trans?
    Same sentence, but different word bubbles. "I'd heard of a hundred pointer appearing before I even stepped into the room."

Also, Osaka seems to take the Russian style of fighting. The first 100 pointer, only a third of the original group survives. Then they have about 30 or 40 people for this one, and only four people survive. It's like all they ever do is try to recreate Stalingrad, except with a sci-fi theme. And in Japan.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

wierd way to phrase it but i guess i understand. its kinda wierd how osaka has so many people when tokyo only gets a few.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

This mission was Osakas Team one.

Black Candy Chan recruited a lot of persons in order to fight the army of the Nurarihyon. While Gantz recruited a normal quanty of persons...and sended the Tokio Team to help the Osaka Team.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

ironic how in the end tokyo team suffered maybe 5 casualities. then again they did avoid combat.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

good news for all of you Hoi Hoi lovers! the Hoi Hoi thread is back, but is now located here in the Fun Forum. Have fun

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Strange Coincidence?!?

I just realized that the webpage url for the Gant'z Room ends in 387. I also remember reading that 387 people were killed in the Shinjuku massacre. Coincidence? I think not.

merged ~igotthegoods
    Last edited by igotthegoods; September 05, 2008 at 10:46 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strange Coincidence?!?

>.< Its a hidden message!! the world will end on march 2087
    hmm well I can do a better guess then that lol
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

New Reply
Page 54 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast