Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 95 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1769

Thread: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I heard about something like that. There was this guy from America (I think) went to Japan to be a Teacher and he's a gantz fan. His name on youtube was TokyoSam or something like that. Might not be correct but I saw a couple vids from people doing that while checking out how its to be in Japan a couple years back. Anyway iirc he talked about his students being fans or something.
    Tkyosam!! Lol, I know about that guy, I'm subscribed to his channel. He's a little bit off the wall though.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

As you know there has been an earthquake in Japan.

But the master Hiroya Oku says he is fine, thankfuly...hope Thunder Snake, Captain Hanada and all the people who live in Japan and lurk in general are safe too.

------------------

Last edited by GAT-X252; April 14, 2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

4. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question.

If any of us Gantz-fans happened to die in 10 seconds, and we found ourselves in a room familiar to the Gantz room, and survived our first insane capture mission and happened to be in the same circumstances that these Gantzers are in the manga, then what can we do to let others know that there is something similar to Gantz and that the idea of Gantz is real in a sense? How do we let real Gantz-fans know that they can also enter the Gantz world that read about?

Besides the internet, what are other ways of getting people's attention?

I'm not a Gantzer, nor do I know one or suspect one. No need to be suspcious of this question. I'm just a normal girl who just wants some abnormal advice on this situation. Thanks. lol

|| AnimanGa News: 11/13-11/18 || .GIF Thread || Genius - Choice? ||

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

First thing I would rather train the team so we can clear with a high chance of min loses, not about the points of who gets em its bout making it out alive. I think I wouldn't pick to be free considering in my head I would be like uhh okay I go free not knowing the earth has aliens here killing people and then I would have no armor or weapons to protect myself.
    Could always read up on strange things happen in other area's like news said that a temple was badly damage and go scout around and give a hint to what only another gantz person would know like just need 100 points to be free etc.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Asahina:

Assuming that it works exactly like Gantz... it'd be tough. You speak openly about it and your head explodes. One thing you could do is find someone in real life, wait for the transfer, and bring them with you that way.

Or if you wanted, you could say something to someone like "hey if any of us ever finds out Gantz is real, lets have a password or something so we can let each other know without making our heads explode".

Or you could hope to write something down in code and hope the people watching you 24/7 don't take any notice.

Or you can start a blog, like Nishi did apparently.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

speaking open about it may work though, cause whos gonna believe someone who says they saw aliens or a ufo. Blog thing is best though yeah

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Strange then that taking photo's of the scene will get you killed, and using the gun in broad daylight will get you killed.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah uhhh just don't do that and don't use the stuff outside missions beside going someone to train.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In regards to showing the gun, didn't the biker, Tetsu scream "Gantz" while taking the gun out? That probably caused his head to explode. We have seen Kurono fight bullies with his suit on in broad day light and his head didn't explode.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

I don't remember seeing him shout out Gantz. I figured he'd just taken on too many guys for it to be likely for him to survive and/or kill them all off before they got away.

Kurono has his uniform over his suit at all times. People wouldn't really figure it was the suit I guess.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

In the anime he did.

In the manga he started to bleed from his face when he was in the middle of an enemy gang showing the X Gun.

I think people with the suit would start to be in danger when they start to show their strange abilities, otherwise is just a silly cosplay.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I don't get is why the color "black"? Out of all the colors that Gantz could have been, it was black. It is currently assumed that every Ganzter in every part of the world is wearing a "Black" Gantz suit. Was it because Oku thought "if I am drawing with black ink, I'll just make the suit black without putting too much effort on the designs" I mean, what if the Gantz suit is not the ultimate suit? What if there was something better?

Even the guerrilla-Gantz suit was the same color. What is the significance of the color black. What makes the creators of Gantz believe that the color black was enough to change the a person's point of view of not suspecting anything when a person was wearing such a suit in that color? Was it so that it could have been camouflage-able? If that was the case, then they could have made the suit become invisible when ever it was securely worn.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Black is powerful, where as yellow, blue, red etc. would just be gay.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Because its black. Don't ask why because it has no deeper meaning. My keyboard is black as well and I don't care. Neither should you put any thoughts in the question, why the suit is black. It just is.

I just thought about something...Maybe SPOILER ALERT.

Is it possible to say, that the fat german women picked up some numbers for building the Gantz-Balls to defend earth from Aliens? The Gantz Balls knew about the Aliens, their habbits, their hiding place and even their strenght (as he gave points to those who defeated them) and even the exact date of Katastrophe. So maybe these Katastrophe-Aliens planned their arrival at least one year before they came, as Nishi knew about the Katastrophe at least 6 months before he told them about it and as he said that it was long ago that someone other than him survived a mission. As we know, a mission can take place between several days (even minutes ) and several weeks after the last mission so it is assumeable, that he found out with the former Gantz Team (before they died or had their memories erased) that Katastrophe will take place months, before he died. At least we can be sure that Gantz knew about Katastrophe at least 6 months and it may be more than 1 year.

But why were the Aliens in the mission invisible to normal people? Did Gantz do it? And how? And why is he so cooperative? Half a year ago he wanted Kurono to participate in a mission alone and after that he had to obtain at least 15 points in the Kappe-Mission.

Its kinda confusing. Was Gantz preparing for Katastrophe all the time? And as the german women doesn't seem to be a child anymore can we assume, that these missions take place for years? We were also able to see all the people that died. With so many people can we assume that there are mission for at least 3-4 years or even 5? And was it all for defending the earth from aliens? And if the Mission-Aliens were already on earth, why did it take so much time for the Katastrophe-Aliens to arrive?

And sorry about some mistakes. As you can see I'm not that old and english is a foreign language to me.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

The Gantz man is on his own at this point. He can do what he wants.

Before, he was likely under strict orders the whole time. I mean now that we've 'met' him for a bit... he doesn't seem like the massive arsehole we knew as the Gantz ball persona.

Some aliens were invisible the same way that Gantzers were invisible. They were just on different 'frequencies'. Well, sometimes. The statues weren't invisible until the mission came up. This ended during the Oni mission.

Before Kurono was sent on his own to fight the Shorty aliens the last thing he did was shoot the Gantz man. It didn't work, but it seemed like a kind of revenge for shooting at him. When he fucked that one up he had to earn a minimum of 15 points during the next mission or die.

So, why was he sent on his own? Well someone was clearing messing around with him. The only other time something similar happened was the Italy mission... no new people were brought into the game.

New Reply
Page 95 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast