Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: What Happened to the Vampires?.....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Frown What Happened to the Vampires?.....

Yes, I did join to ask this question, but I was lurking around for a very long time now.

But more importantly, I just wanna ask, what happened to the Vampires? or atleast, my favorite character in the manga Hikawa (Host Samurai) and his partner/love interest? "Kill Bill" (forgot her real name, if they ever mentioned it...)?

Were they abandoned by Oku? I hope not because they were pushed to the side during the mission I assumed they would go beserk on (The Italy Mission), and then just left out of the ENTIRE Katastrophe Arc!

Do you guys think that Oku is gonna atleast give them a rap up? Like they finally realized that other Aliens are NOT their allies and are no better than the Gantzers/Hunters? Will there be a trues between the Vampires and Humans now that Hikawa sees that the Hunters had a reason to kill Aliens?

I'll be one sad fanboy if I never get to see Hikawa's epicness ever again.......

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Happened to the Vampires?.....

Yes, they were abandoned by Oku. Storywise, i guess they didn't want to get involved in the invasion since it would be too risky.

About the other thing, there are different groups of aliens, some are too hostile and some others can be reasoned with. The oni aliens were allies of the vampires for example, the bosses from the Osaka mission really didn't care about the vampires and let them be. The giants are a different bunch, they are all about invading and taking planets fot themselves, they would probably fight any other kind of alien they meet in their path, so it's not a really good example about why the vampires should stop fighting humans.

Also, the vampires are kinda brutal, they kill normal humans because they see them as food, the war is with the gantz teams.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Yes, they were abandoned by Oku. Storywise, i guess they didn't want to get involved in the invasion since it would be too risky.

About the other thing, there are different groups of aliens, some are too hostile and some others can be reasoned with. The oni aliens were allies of the vampires for example, the bosses from the Osaka mission really didn't care about the vampires and let them be. The giants are a different bunch, they are all about invading and taking planets fot themselves, they would probably fight any other kind of alien they meet in their path, so it's not a really good example about why the vampires should stop fighting humans.

Also, the vampires are kinda brutal, they kill normal humans because they see them as food, the war is with the gantz teams.
    Awwwwww mannnn. But wouldn't the Giants invading and wiping out life on the planet also affect the Vampires directly and in a negative way no matter how you look at it?

I mean, if they "lay low" and just allow the Giants to invade, what would happen if the Humans lost? wouldn't that mean no more food the the Vampires? Also, if Kei lost to Gonde, wouldn't that mean the end of them too (accounting how they and im guessing all of their people are on earth)? There were also no explanation to how the Vampires even GOT there to begin with. I mean, we could just follow the lore of other stories of how Vampires originated, but idk if that concept applies to Gantz. The point im trying to make is it seems not participating in the Katastrophe Event does waaaaaaayyyyy more harm, than good to them. Also dont the giants want to eradicate everything on the planet (humans + Alien) so, them not fighting just doesnt make sense at that point.....

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they though the gantz teams could win the war, to be honest i'm not even sure they didn't fight at all, maybe they did but we just didn't see it because the authot didn't saw it necessary.

It's rumored the manga ends in 4 chapters so maybe we can see what were they doing in the final chapters, but i doubt it's going to be more than 2 or 3 pages.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully we see a few side vampire stories, but I won't hold my breath

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad. If Hikawa actually put on a Gantz suit on to augment his already superhuman abilities, he'd be the strongest melee fighter in the entire series. I'd love to see him take out waves and waves of baddies in an ironic effort to save the very Earth he's been terrorizing for most of his life.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Eksh's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll just copy a part of my post @ the chapter 382 discussion thread. Sums up my recent thought about the whole vampire thing

Quote Quote:
    The 2 panels with Host Samurai and Kill Bill We've all wondered, asked, even begged - Where the hell are they? Who are they? What do they want? And many more questions to follow Eventually we see them. We haven't seen them for about 80+ chapters, And we had no idea where they've been through that time or what they did. But now, we see them! Just before the series end

But wait..

They basically say "It's over". That's it. A sentence that almost every civilian watching the fight can say (And they are saying it too at the other panels). Nothing special related to them, the vampires. Nothing that answers any question, even the slightest. The fuck Oko, the fuck?

I'm gonna exaggerate quite a bit and use quite a nasty language, but seriously. With those 2 panels, Oko basically took off his pants, and pissed in his fan's mouths, and later he pretty much also shat in our faces. You probably know or at least guess the fans care about the vampires, and just before the series end, you're bothering to show them (Yeah, bothering. We didn't have a clue about them until now) the vampires saying generic shit? Are you kidding me? Nothing to solve at least one tiny question?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Maybe they though the gantz teams could win the war, to be honest i'm not even sure they didn't fight at all, maybe they did but we just didn't see it because the authot didn't saw it necessary.

It's rumored the manga ends in 4 chapters so maybe we can see what were they doing in the final chapters, but i doubt it's going to be more than 2 or 3 pages.
    the manga ends this month, and no sign.

it shows that the author is a moron i think, or lost it at some point. there are soooo many far moer itnreesting plots he could ahve used to lengthen the manga. what if they discovered that the giants were coming, and learned that the aliens on the planet were in fact victims of the giants? they discover far more friendly aliens who ally themselves with them. have a battle against the ones actually controlling the gantz project, and actually prepare the planet for this war.
    there is SOOOOOOOO much more he could have done than fixate on thsi war for god knows how many chapters, with a million and nine sub plots to it all just to lengthen it. i mean with a planet full of aliesn there, there HAD to be ones willing to fight in this war. the giants come along, they are as fucked as any other species.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

No sign of what? The vampires did appear in chapter 382.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post
    the manga ends this month, and no sign.

it shows that the author is a moron i think, or lost it at some point. there are soooo many far moer itnreesting plots he could ahve used to lengthen the manga. what if they discovered that the giants were coming, and learned that the aliens on the planet were in fact victims of the giants? they discover far more friendly aliens who ally themselves with them. have a battle against the ones actually controlling the gantz project, and actually prepare the planet for this war.
    there is SOOOOOOOO much more he could have done than fixate on thsi war for god knows how many chapters, with a million and nine sub plots to it all just to lengthen it. i mean with a planet full of aliesn there, there HAD to be ones willing to fight in this war. the giants come along, they are as fucked as any other species.
    He didn't even fixate on the war really, we saw very very little of it...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about this myself and the simple answer is, if the vampires were allied with the aliens, then their purpose was quite simple. If you recall the human's being caught were drained of their blood, but the process to do this prolly does cause some of the product to be wasted, so instead using human greed of power to their advantage gave these nano machines to the humans to make them vampires.

These vampires would suck dry the blood out of humans so that they themselves wouldn't have to go through the trouble of draining the blood themselves. However in the end because of how many vamps were killed, they became worthless to them, just another human like the others, since those 2 seemed to be the only remaining living vamps left by the end of it all, they themselves wouldn't be able enough to drain the blood of all the humans so the aliens just relied on their tech and pretty much told the only living vamps to piss off lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much Host killed the two leaders of the team than did nothing with them. Not even a rematch between him and Kei. Oku deff had bigger plans for them than rushed through the manga to the Final Invasion arc, which really ruined everything imo.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BL-Tomoe's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

It could just be that after host samurai witnessed what the "hunters" truly are that he said "fuck this shi#" and let them be... I mean, he seemed to give up on killing them after osaka...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bossx5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As why didnr kei get revenge for the vampires killing his brother I know they didn't get along but damn he got killed warning Kei about the attack on him at least he could have asked gantz
    Challengers. Ar a thausand years to early

New Reply