Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 105 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1769

Thread: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Yeah I kinda came to a quick conclusion of "Motherfuckers took Oku's idea!" But I just remembered it's quite a popular vehicle throughout the sci-fi culture.

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    yeah,i forgot about obi wan chasing grievious who was riding a similar bike...

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you think Gantz is heading? I just think it's heading for disaster; the teams all dying and Kei the last man on earth. Just a sad ending. But the way Oku is carrying it out; It'll be a happy ending...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gantzter127 View Post
    Where do you think Gantz is heading? I just think it's heading for disaster; the teams all dying and Kei the last man on earth. Just a sad ending. But the way Oku is carrying it out; It'll be a happy ending...
    I noticed it and the series really has gone another way since the beginning of the Katastrophe Arc. I remember when all the giants first invaded earth, things were getting so intense and it honestly looked amazing with the way it was going. Then the Tae chase came around and that's when it started going to shit. I have so much I want to say about all that happen so far, but....it's just too much.

However, I believe Oku still has a chance to change all of this around. You guys remember how you felt for the characters throughout the missions? There were a lot of times where there was hopelessness for the characters, yet there would be a small amount of light to encourage them all to keep fighting. Even when it ended in such a tragedy like the Buddha Temple mission. With how everything is going into a "happy direction," I feel like there needs to be a major tragedy that will kind of shock the readers. Maybe the American team will all be led into a trap and all die, causing the current Tokyo team, along with maybe some others, to go in and stop against a large army of giants. Then it could be a large struggle against the giants, possibly killing off a few members. Something to bring back the hopelessness in this manga(but nothing tedious PLEASE!) To add to all of this, seriously Oku, just find a way to kill off Kei 1 or Tae. Even if it's unexpected!

Ok, sorry for my little rant there. I just think that there is a way to keep this arc interesting and good until the end. Oku is known for being a major troll after all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Bits of Kei's chase for Tae were among the best in Katastrophe for me. Went downhill when Kei decided to leave the mothership to save Ryou and co. I had a huge suspicion Kei would somehow be ruinited with Tae even then, when really that decision should have cost him his only chance to save her.

And yeah, in the end they have special technology that locates people ANYWHERE by DNA of all things, collected from your own memories? Um, what?

and dont worry! the giants will never use it against anyone, but you humans go ahead and use it if you want to

@coolperson1145: The fights could regain the same feeling that the missions provided but Oku has ruined several opportunities to do that already. He fucks them up because he's just rushing through them. Doubt there has been a tough enemy that has lasted more then two chapters, and usually the first is a 'last page' cameo.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coolperson1145 View Post
    Something to bring back the hopelessness in this manga(but nothing tedious PLEASE!) To add to all of this, seriously Oku, just find a way to kill off Kei 1 or Tae. Even if it's unexpected!
    Well I think Kei 1 is going up again. Seeing as the teams are moving, they'll probably call all the Gantzers up as well as Kei 1 due to him not getting rid of the bomb in his head. Kei 1 will probably die in the last pages of the manga and kei 2 will come back down and be with Tae. But I don't know, Kei 2 seems like he is gonna die due to his pissed off mood. So maybe both will die and then Katou revives Kei again. But I can't wait to see Kei back in action, kicking some alien ass.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE INTO GANTZ

I'm new here, hi

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@shadowbandit: Ohh why Hi there. Welcome to le Forum. ^^

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbandit View Post
    Yeah there's a whole dozen of us

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only just caught up to the latest chapter. Took me a few weeks because I was trying to delay the amount of time I have to wait for the next chapter... How long do you guys usually have to wait between chapters?

IDK how you've survived the past few years having to do so, it's only been 3 days since I read 368

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Fortnightly. Sometimes a bit longer.

Used to read other manga while waiting for this, and others, but now I'm up to date on everything that interests me.

I 'caught up' around halfway through the Osaka arc. Four years ago it says on my account here... Holy shit

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only just caught up to the latest chapter. Took me a few weeks because I was trying to delay the amount of time I have to wait for the next chapter... How long do you guys usually have to wait between chapters?

IDK how you've survived the past few years having to do so, it's only been 3 days since I read 368
    Mangatopia.com usually notifies us on the last page of when the raw is released in this case 369 is released on August 9th and then the translations come a couple of days after.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forums shadowbandit!

Yes, the wait gets normal after a few months, maybe around a year. Gantz has that kind of pace sadly, though indeed when you read it in one go it leaves you wanting. It is a unique manga, the first one I read that got me into alternative manga, yes it is a very powerful read, you just can not stop.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm new here, hi

Welcome to the Gantz section and mh respectively. Nice to have you here. Yup and you'll find a few fans here.
    As for waiting for the chapters - its usually bi weekly unless otherwise stated. Waiting for the next chapter once you've caught up - is something you'll get used to. ^^

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I have a question regarding the resurrections in the manga. What is the general stance around here about them? Seeing the manga it does not even seem like they are proper resurrections at all to begin with. Rather they seem to be merely perfect copies at the molecular level or something of the sort, clones with every memory they had up to a point in the game. I mean, how else would it be possible to revive a person twice at the same time thus resulting in there being 2 identical people? In this regard, what we are dealing with in the manga is that even though a "revived" person is virtually identical to the original one it is actually an entirely different person. Whether there is a soul or not in this manga the end result is that a revived person is in context not the original one, just a copy at best. So basically, none of the main characters are actually the original main characters, they just look like them and have their memories. Or did I miss something here?

New Reply
Page 105 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast