Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1769

Thread: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Nishi likened it to a fax or copy of an individual.

Take Kishimoto for an example, Gantz copied her at the moment of death and transferred her to the apartment along with Kei, Katou and others.. only she didn't die. In fact the original Kishimoto that tried to kill herself that night is still alive right now. You might remember Katou noticing her in the train station.

The Gantzers are identical copies of the original people. They are almost exactly the same, only Gantz cleans up any damages and abnormalities. For example, one guy had his cancer removed and I think Kei or someone lost a couple of scars they'd had since childhood.

I wouldn't say they're an entirely different person by any stretch but the bodies are clearly separate.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member anime9999's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I remember that Kishimoto incident it is clear that the author from the beginning wanted us to notice that Gantz is man made (or man controlled).
    In fact, the machine made an error which is similar to "a bug in the system". Every instrument made by humans is basically flawed, unlike divine power which is supposed to be perfect.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Nishi likened it to a fax or copy of an individual.

Take Kishimoto for an example, Gantz copied her at the moment of death and transferred her to the apartment along with Kei, Katou and others.. only she didn't die. In fact the original Kishimoto that tried to kill herself that night is still alive right now. You might remember Katou noticing her in the train station.

The Gantzers are identical copies of the original people. They are almost exactly the same, only Gantz cleans up any damages and abnormalities. For example, one guy had his cancer removed and I think Kei or someone lost a couple of scars they'd had since childhood.

I wouldn't say they're an entirely different person by any stretch but the bodies are clearly separate.
    If I do recall the fax reference was to them being teleported, not resurrected. Of course that particular reference could have the more disturbing implication that being teleported effectively kills the user and creates an identical version elsewhere.

Whether they are identical to the originals is not the issue though. In all likelihood the machine replicates people down to the atom which results in them being identical but the issue is whether they actually are the same person, same soul and whatnot rather than being merely copies that share memories, appearances and personalities. Its more of a metaphysical question so to speak. I for one would think that it is very interesting that the main characters we see now are actually entirely different people from the ones who started out at the manga or even the ones who died for them to get to the room.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Makes no difference to me. They're all basically the same person. Only matters when there's two or more of them at a time.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^

Makes no difference to me. They're all basically the same person. Only matters when there's two or more of them at a time.
    Well, I guess in practical terms it makes no difference to the ones around the resurrected provided this potential copy (who in reality would be a new person with the old person's feelings, personality and memories) acts the same way as the as the original would have acted for the rest of his life. To whom it does make a difference (and a significant one at that) is to the resurrected person. To the resurrected person it is the difference between actually going back to life and not doing so at all. I guess it is a bit like the plot of that sixth sense movie lol.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heiji View Post
    From Gantz French Editor (Tonkam), 36th volume will be the last.
    So given that there are 12 chapters that haven't been published yet, that's about one volumes worth for volume 35. That leaves four chapters left over, going by recent volumes. So...then four more chapters of Gantz? Unless they make the last volume larger, or one of the chapters longer.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was sudden, I did not expect such an ending, Oku really is sticking to his principles when he said that Gantz will end in 2012. Now I do feel that where the story is now was due to him pushing for this time frame. :/

Also:

Community awards are live!

Please participate as well.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no...This is just terrible.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

BTW, Oku's wife posted this page.

(キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

10. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Humanity is celebrating, or watching a big spectacle? This is it huh? Gantz is one of the biggest series ending recently, we should brace ourselves, but with so little time the ending can not be completely good, I think.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AxelCross's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

God damn, that's disappointing...
    In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade.
    Hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Humanity is celebrating, or watching a big spectacle? This is it huh? Gantz is one of the biggest series ending recently, we should brace ourselves, but with so little time the ending can not be completely good, I think.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose some level of kudos are in order for the decision to not drag on the series simply for the sake of dragging it on, but there is no way this ends well. Katastrophe was awful and however this ends will feel forced, rushed, and lacking in what originally made the series good.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Spoiler show
    Well usually these are not BIG spoilers, GAT always posts them here since they are not that revealing. His wife has done this before.

This next chapter can be said it is the beginning of the end, Kei attacks Beethoven and is either squished or does some deus ex machina. Either way it will be rushed indeed, I expect some twist in regarding to Kei even having a Christ role in the whole thing. Oku is hyping up religion one way or the other with these chapters.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I suppose some level of kudos are in order for the decision to not drag on the series simply for the sake of dragging it on, but there is no way this ends well. Katastrophe was awful and however this ends will feel forced, rushed, and lacking in what originally made the series good.
    Perhaps that will be the metaphorical kick in the groin. They saved earth and a bunch of people while at it however in the meantime every major city, economy, world leader and a bunch of major company owners got destroyed. In strictly practical terms every source of wealth earth ever had was demolished and turned to ashes. On the upside there won't be as many people and they just might get to keep the gantz technology so perhaps rebuilding will be less gruesome than it would be otherwise(another kick in the groin perhaps).

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh...oh no....

New Reply
Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast