Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 115 of 118 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1769

Thread: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Gantz Hangout Thread

@kkck: some of them are problem, some are peaceful. Doesn't really matter. The germans used Gantz as a bit of a spectacle anyway. All it takes is for a group/person to start up those 'games' again.

The problem is that most of the gantz tech doesn't work any more. The most important part were the spheres! The God Aliens have disabled the functions of all but one, and since the mothership is now in Space(!), presumably if they all transfer back to earth the sphere gets left behind.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

The alien immigrants were presumably running from the Giants.. Now that they may not have to run they might wanna take over. Possibly.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember those filler bum hunters from the Gantz anime? Did the kid Hajime remind anyone of Nishi a bit? I feel that they are very similar and would probably be best friends.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Why were the alien immigrants a problem? Some of them had been at earth for 30 years or more and no one ever noticed them. It is true that once they were attacked they were inhumanly violent however at large they just minded their own business without messing with anyone. Most of the aliens fought spent their time in completely public places which got perhaps thousands and even millions of tourist and civilians a year and as far as we know there weren't any problems.

The gantz technology still works though, why would anyone want to mess with the humans? More so, for that idea to make sense aliens would have to know that the god aliens were behind the gantz technology. I don't think alien invasions would be all that common or probable though, just look at how many aliens got to earth and at large did not try to dominate it. Nuri would have probably been able to take over on his own if he had wanted to.

Because the Germans who got the Gantz tech power are douches, they could of got it within the last 5 years instead of the 30 years. They abused the technology and used it as a game and thats well the messages on the ball were trolling so many times.

Like the tokyo ball was always a troll and bastard to them but the guy inside was friendly and did reikas request.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Because the Germans who got the Gantz tech power are douches, they could of got it within the last 5 years instead of the 30 years. They abused the technology and used it as a game and thats well the messages on the ball were trolling so many times.

Like the tokyo ball was always a troll and bastard to them but the guy inside was friendly and did reikas request.

Exactly!

New plot: "Some douches have got the Gantz tech! Now a new cast of characters led by 18 yr old Takeshi and 60 year old Kaze of the Wind have to fight to save themselves and just maybe the entire human race as well."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

any of you guys interested in playing a ToG themed Mafia game?

if so...follow the link under my sig....

But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

GANTZ ends in chapter 383.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

7. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Not happy about the news, but thanks for the info. Wonder what Oku will do next?

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

No wonder ... everything was rushed the last few chapters.
    All this is a bit premature... to say until 383, however -
    thanks to everyone in the Gantz forum for the past 4 years!! (just give back the last 1.5 - to 2 years ^^)

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    No wonder ... everything was rushed the last few chapters.
    All this is a bit premature... to say until 383, however -
    thanks to everyone in the Gantz forum for the past 4 years!! (just give back the last 1.5 - to 2 years ^^)
    lol it wasn't that bad. I'm pumped for them to start doing an anime re-release so I can watch it all again!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah a anime would be amazing.
    But yeah this final arc....I think it all went downhill when we went into the mothership with Tae and how it showed how they live like 50x over oku showed us and then turned it into the adventures of tae chan.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, it started to suck when Katô got that massive plot armor in the Osaka mission, he couldn't simply die because Oku just revived him...and i didn't like they killed most of the Osaka Team because "TEAMWORK IS GOOD GUYS!!!111".

Then Kei got back, the guy who fought bravely against the oni alien and lead the TT was getting bullied by a jerk from the past (Ryô)...sure, cool poses everywhere but not a single good fight like in the first phase, it was pretty much Kurono dodging everything while shooting, there were no tactics, no emotion, no suspense...

Tae was a huge mess, but i already felt the manga was going downhill since the second phase...

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    For me, it started to suck when Katô got that massive plot armor in the Osaka mission, he couldn't simply die because Oku just revived him...and i didn't like they killed most of the Osaka Team because "TEAMWORK IS GOOD GUYS!!!111".

Then Kei got back, the guy who fought bravely against the oni alien and lead the TT was getting bullied by a jerk from the past (Ryô)...sure, cool poses everywhere but not a single good fight like in the first phase, it was pretty much Kurono dodging everything while shooting, there were no tactics, no emotion, no suspense...

Tae was a huge mess, but i already felt the manga was going downhill since the second phase...
    But that mission was epic, having a new team, kurono just died...Nishi came back tried and failed and the 3 bosses.......plus with the vampires coming.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the Osaka team but they didn't do that much and most of them died just to show how powerful was the Nurarihyon and then the boyscouts of the TT killed the 100 pointer to prove how great is teamwork and how always the strongest enemy will let you have time to plan anything against him. No sir i don't like it.

I already said why i didn't like Katô in that arc, plus i didn't want Kei to be revived, i wanted Katô to be the main character of the second phase, to see him walk through hell in order to revive Kurono or at least drop that foolish idea and think about his brother. In other words, i wanted drama.

Never really cared about Nishi or the vampires and both had massive plot armor because they were very popular in japan.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    So very true, the blue phase just completely failed in my view, the black phase went a lot better and the last phase is pretty cool, I don't mind it but the way Oku is writing it, it feels like another blue phase -_-
    The black phase was absolutely nuts I'll admit that, but not as good as the original red phase. All out brilliant manga, but it should have ended a few years back ^^

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    lol it wasn't that bad. I'm pumped for them to start doing an anime re-release so I can watch it all again!
    I would love to see the anime close up on the manga.

New Reply
Page 115 of 118 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast