Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 118 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz The Gantz Hangout Thread

This thread will serve as place to discuss smaller topics that don't necessarily need their own thread. Questions about Oku and the manga in general are welcome as well.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Hang-Out Thread

ok so theres no need to start threads,well i have a cool idea.

what would u choose if Gantz was real and u got ur 100 points,what would u choose.

well i would choose to revive a friend if a friend died or i would get a stronger weapon,cause my life aint that excited and i realy dont want my memory beein erased and innocent people are beein killed,so it would be savier to be a Gantzer then a normal human.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sheard's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ Interesting question. I'd probably go with option 2 or 3. Not that I would enjoy killing them, as I'm sure I wouldn't... but option #1 means forgetting everything, not knowning the possible danger around you and not having a fighting chance to protect yourself or your friends/family if the aliens show up in an area where you tend to hang out.

Nishi is psychotic love <3
    website - deviantart

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think it depends on how long you've been playing. If your first mission was one of the ones where you could get 100 points easy, option 1 isn't a bad idea. But I think that the longer you stay, the more you have to go with one of the other options.
    It's not safe to lose a huge chunk of memory.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah maybe if u can find that web page which Nishi made and then u look at it and remeber but then yeah maybe no.1 is an option.

do u think that u could hide those gunz somewhere then choose no.1 option and thats to go home and then u find those weapons under ur bed which u hid?u thinkk Gantz woulld take them to?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think gantz would let you keep any weapons. Kurono was wearing one of the suits still when he was teleported out after choosing option one and found himself laying in his own bed wearing normal clothing.

Unless he messed up again like when he takes people that haven't complete died, he's most likely not going to let you keep anything.

website - deviantart

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

i meant if he hid a weapon under a bed,or something.Not if u were with the weapon when u got back.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as long as you didn't know where it came from, it wouldn't matter, right? That biker guy had the gun around, but he didn't get in trouble until he kept on screwing around and telling everyone about it. And if you don't know where it came from, you wouldn't get your head blown up.

Actually, could Gantz blow your head up after you've left?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure Gantz could. Those bombs are a sort of control he has over people, and odds are that he's not going to take them out if he lets someone go just in case they start remembering things.

Okay here's something I've been pondering - Can Izumi even be resurrected? Because when he dies, it is shown on the television news that he is dead, which means his body was left there for regular people to find.

If he could be, would anyone besides Hoi Hoi even want to do it because even though the character is mega cool (if you're the reader), he did make some enemies within the Gantz team in terms of being recognized him as their murderer.

website - deviantart

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I only think Sakata and Sakurai figured out that Izumi was the man in disguise, but that doesn't meant he didn't tell the others.

As far as the body thing goes, it could have just been a plot-hole or a mistake by gantz, like in the case of duplicating Kishimoto. I'm thinking it's probably just a plot-hole.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ Actually if I remember, Sakata figued it out on his own then told Sakurai, when the later mentioned Izumi possibly being in trouble with the vampires. Considered that nobody other than his girlfriend (who isn't part of Gantz) showed up when Izumi went against all the vampires, I figured that Sakata probably told some of the others on the team besides Sakurai. There's been a few chapters where it is clear enough that Oku isn't telling us every single thing that the characters are doing.

Sure there are those like Nishi would wouldn't help anyway because they're that sort, but I couldn't imagine everyone abandoning Izumi to deal with so many enemies by himself unless they didn't know or if they thought he was getting what he deserved.

The other thing I found odd and most definately a plot hole here...
    Kurono dies at the end of Phase 1 while not being part of Gantz. Technically Gantz could have just taken him and forced him to go back to work again like with Izumi, but he's still dead in Phase 2 with the team talking about wanting to resurect him in chapter 238 then again in 241. That one had me wondering if Oku had originally intended to end Gantz completely with chapter 237... then decided to continue the series.

However I do have to admit that rereading the entire series back-to-back while we're waiting on 254 does make possible plot holes stick out a bit more. (Don't get me wrong here. Despite the nitpicking on my part, I do love gantz to bits.)

website - deviantart

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sheard View Post
    ^^ Actually if I remember, Sakata figued it out on his own then told Sakurai, when the later mentioned Izumi possibly being in trouble with the vampires. Considered that nobody other than his girlfriend (who isn't part of Gantz) showed up when Izumi went against all the vampires, I figured that Sakata probably told some of the others on the team besides Sakurai. There's been a few chapters where it is clear enough that Oku isn't telling us every single thing that the characters are doing.

Sure there are those like Nishi would wouldn't help anyway because they're that sort, but I couldn't imagine everyone abandoning Izumi to deal with so many enemies by himself unless they didn't know or if they thought he was getting what he deserved.

The other thing I found odd and most definately a plot hole here...
    Kurono dies at the end of Phase 1 while not being part of Gantz. Technically Gantz could have just taken him and forced him to go back to work again like with Izumi, but he's still dead in Phase 2 with the team talking about wanting to resurect him in chapter 238 then again in 241. That one had me wondering if Oku had originally intended to end Gantz completely with chapter 237... then decided to continue the series.

However I do have to admit that rereading the entire series back-to-back while we're waiting on 254 does make possible plot holes stick out a bit more. (Don't get me wrong here. Despite the nitpicking on my part, I do love gantz to bits.)
    The reason I think that Sakata told no one else because no one else showed up to help Izumi.

You're right about that plot hole concerning Kurono's death though, maybe Gantz just liked Izumi more?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gsntz told Izumi that it needed more, better people right? Well, he gave it some very skilled people, so Gantz let him back. Maybe Gantz didn't give Kei the offer because it felt the people it had were good enough for now. Plus, Izumi did go a little insane when he rediscovered Gantz.

But, that's just my point of view.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marmoset View Post
    Gsntz told Izumi that it needed more, better people right? Well, he gave it some very skilled people, so Gantz let him back. Maybe Gantz didn't give Kei the offer because it felt the people it had were good enough for now. Plus, Izumi did go a little insane when he rediscovered Gantz.

But, that's just my point of view.
    Oh I do think that Gantz and Izumi had a pre-existing arrangement made. Izumi was supposed to find his way back after sending a bunch of people to Gantz. I did find it odd a bit that his death was mentioned on the television, which implies that Gantz just left it there rather than wipe it while storing him in memory.

I can see reasons besides that for not taking Kurono back right away like with Izumi. Gantz probably knows that the team did try going to his aid and failed, so they might feel somewhat responsible for him dying. Gantz also probably knows that there are people on the current team that would use their 100 points to resurrect him. If someone does do it, it means that Gantz gets to keep someone capable longer as they won't be going home.

However Oku did give himself one big catch-all fix for all death-related plot holes in that as Nishi stated much earlier, Gantz does make mistakes... so both Izumi and Kurono can both be stored in memory, with the contradictions to prior behavior on Gantz's part is just being more errors.

website - deviantart

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah Gantz is showin favourites,but Izumi is def in da data bank,well i dont think Kurono was cause he died not beein a Gantzer and thats the big key,but i have this theory if Kurono wasnt sent to the room the second time like Izumi did then it may be that hes alife somewhere.Probably.I wish it would.Cause i dont think Gantz wouldnt mind takin Kurono back to the room.

New Reply
Page 1 of 118 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast