Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gantz Hangout Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sheard's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Hang-Out Thread

I don't think it matters if Izumi is in the bank or not because Oku doesn't like the character. I was watching the DVDs last night that I borrowed, and they had like this mini-interview with Oku on one of the discs. (The actual quote was "I don't like Izumi all that much.") I think it's very bad for a character when the creator doesn't like it. Oku himself may dislike Izumi enough that he doesn't want the character brought back so let him die after one last big battle, with the intention of never resurrecting him.

Oh and speaking of the DVDs, it's funny because I already hated Kishimoto more than anyone... and the anime version just made me dislike her more (if that was even possible.) But on the other hand, some of the characters like Tetsuo that really didn't have any redeaming qualities in the manga ended up looking like nicer people in the anime.

Nishi is psychotic love <3
    website - deviantart

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Oku inverview was on disc #7 (first disc of season 2) It was him plus some actress named Chiaki Kuriyama that likes Gantz enough that she dressed like the blonde vampire. (She also looks a lot like the female vampire from the current phase 2 mission.) Unfortunately a lot of it was her babbling about stuff. The only bits that pertain directly to Gants were...

1. The little green onion alien was meant to be a sympathetic character.

2. Oku's favorite character is actually Kato. He likes characters with a sense of justice.

3. Oku doesn't like Izumi.

4. When favorite missions was mentioned, Oku said that the Buddhist statue one was special to him.

----

Tetsuo = the idiot gang leader that survived the Tanaka Aliens mission then got killed off afterwards. (Some of the names only appear on the DVD version or the Gantz Manual. I think his name showed up once in the scanlations I read.) I noticed that some of the characters went through personality changes from manga to anime because that character didn't really have any redeaming qualities in the manga.

Kishimoto's was the absolute worst... Manga she's just a user who pretty much wiggles her breasts at Kurono to manipulate him while playing innocent. Anime version, she pretty much the same thing plus during the Tanaka Alien mission, anime Kishimoto...
    - sees Kurono running towards them with an alien and is "Why didn't you kill that first."
    - then Nishi gets in trouble, she wants Kato to not help and tells Kurono to go jump down there
    - then after the mission, she's all over Kato as usual.

We haven't watched Vol 7 (other than Oku's mini interview) but... I'm expecting her to continue leeching off Kurono and treating him like dirt with no appology even despite having said two things to him that would have got him killed if he did them... which is what I really dislike even more about her.

Nishi has this speech in the anime that's priceless where he tells everyone off and essentially calls them all worthless. <3

website - deviantart

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The show was pretty good. You probably won't like the ending. The final mission itself is fine, but afterwards it turns into some weird series of scenes that don't make any sense. I wish they had kept the show going, it was what got me into Gantz. It is weird that Tetsuo (the biker guy) was viewed as a much nicer person in the show, but he did turn into a jerk after the mission, so he had about the same result.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sheard
    I don't think it matters if Izumi is in the bank or not because Oku doesn't like the character. I was watching the DVDs last night that I borrowed, and they had like this mini-interview with Oku on one of the discs. (The actual quote was "I don't like Izumi all that much.") I think it's very bad for a character when the creator doesn't like it. Oku himself may dislike Izumi enough that he doesn't want the character brought back so let him die after one last big battle, with the intention of never resurrecting him.
    well if its the truth then Izumi may not be comin back,noone would want him back anyways ,but the team needs him.Man Oku is gettin more anoyin to me,releasin one chapter in three weeks and now he tells that he doesnt like Izumi taht much.But i think he will bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheard
    Oh and speaking of the DVDs, it's funny because I already hated Kishimoto more than anyone... and the anime version just made me dislike her more (if that was even possible.) But on the other hand, some of the characters like Tetsuo that really didn't have any redeaming qualities in the manga ended up looking like nicer people in the anime.
    whos Tetsuo?and what DVD is it?

And yeah the Tokyo Gantz team is better off without her.even tho i feel sorry for her.

Yo anyone think taht those guys in da Osaka team who cleared once got even stronger weapons then the stronger x-gun?if Gantz gives better Katanas stronger suits,or even faster suits and better stelth modes and as mis.7 makin him big as godzila,Tokyo team is way weak now,Katou,Host Samurai and Kaze have the chance only to stand up again them and still probably not the enitre fight.I think having back Kurono and Izumi would be a prety good choise for Tokyo Gantz ball,cause i dont think there are any stronger people.This is strongest group that Gantz can make.
    Last edited by Hollow Kurono; August 08, 2007 at 05:56 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner popothepenguin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Agghhh, the anime was horrible. I don't know how Kishimoto's character could've been made any worse, but then I saw the episodes that were during Volume three. Kishimoto thought Kurono was a freak, and was using him to get a house. She's even more dumb and sympathetic in the anime than the manga.

I really didn't wish Izumi died. Not because I like Izumi, but because I would've wanted to see the tension between him and host samurai.

Tetsuo is the biker in the second mission. In the anime, they made him too much nicer. It didn't make him any more of a character, just different.

Katou is by far my favorite character, and I know a lot of people don't like him that much. He has just as much room to grow as kurono did, and its going to be a little bit of the opposite way. What most people don't understand about Katou is that he is kinda dumb and had never had any leadership experience before. His evolution to becoming their leader is something worth reading about. I also like Anzu a lot and think she will have great effect on Katou. I just wish Old man was more in it. I think he needs to be freed soon, cause nobody wants such a lovable old guy to die.

@hollow kurono
    Do you remember the sword color pic from one of the recent second phase chapters. That wasn't an ordinary gantz sword. Notice the blue wires coming out of it? I'm pretty sure that's another variety of the Secondlevel weapon. There might be different suits and yguns as well. Maybe stronger stealth stuff. Why else would that Oka guy go through 7 cycles of this?

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by popothepenguin View Post
    Agghhh, the anime was horrible. I don't know how Kishimoto's character could've been made any worse, but then I saw the episodes that were during Volume three. Kishimoto thought Kurono was a freak, and was using him to get a house. She's even more dumb and sympathetic in the anime than the manga.
    well cause we can hear her speak even tho she had a cute voice,and i hate the eng dubed animes they make Kurono look like his a thug.

Quote Originally Posted by popthepenguin
    I really didn't wish Izumi died. Not because I like Izumi, but because I would've wanted to see the tension between him and host samurai.
    well there wouldnt be a tension,cause they fought one on one,only one had the chance gettin to the room,but ofcourse if theere werent that fight and they went for Kurono then they would be in dat room but there wont be any tension.

Tetsuo is the biker in the second mission. In the anime, they made him too much nicer. It didn't make him any more of a character, just different.
    yeah hes way sweeter,and yo he tried to rape Tits and he used Kurono while in da anime he was used wih Kurono,its a good thing he died actualy.

Katou is by far my favorite character, and I know a lot of people don't like him that much. He has just as much room to grow as kurono did, and its going to be a little bit of the opposite way. What most people don't understand about Katou is that he is kinda dumb and had never had any leadership experience before. His evolution to becoming their leader is something worth reading about. I also like Anzu a lot and think she will have great effect on Katou. I just wish Old man was more in it. I think he needs to be freed soon, cause nobody wants such a lovable old guy to die.
    well those who hate Katou are probably maniacs like Nishi,Katou is my fav char behind Kurono,Anzu i dont if she will,she actualy is older then Katou and has a kid,well he could be a father ,but he loves Kishimoto , i dont know why but he will have a great impact on the Tokyo team,when they get back and when he will have something to say cause i think some people will act like assholes and everyone will act normaly again when Kurono was.

@hollow kurono
    Do you remember the sword color pic from one of the recent second phase chapters. That wasn't an ordinary gantz sword. Notice the blue wires coming out of it? I'm pretty sure that's another variety of the Secondlevel weapon. There might be different suits and yguns as well. Maybe stronger stealth stuff. Why else would that Oka guy go through 7 cycles of this?
    welll yeah we discused it here and we made it clear that it aint no upgraded weapon.Well i know there will be upgraded suits,sending guns,x-guns but i dont think that was an upgraded sword,cause if it was then those sadist should probably have one cause they cleared it three times.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno... I found her to be less sympathetic. The way she constantly acted one way with Kurono during missions as if he was garbage and could go die for all she cared... then between missions, would wave her tits just enough at him to keep giving her free room and board.

I just thought Kishimoto was all around manipulative, but cute girly voices don't exactly work or do anything for me.

I agree that he was way too fluffy in the anime. I preferred the manga character only because he didn't feel like a character that I was supposed to be liking.

The only character I actually hate is Kishimoto. I'm a bit critical of Kato at times, but only because I think he's put on a pedestal a bit too much *blames Kishimoto a lot here* but I honestly do not think Kato is as good as a leader as he (or most of his fans) thinks. It seems to come more naturally for Kurono but if you take Kurono out of Gantz, he'd be equally bad at leading people. It's funny if you think about it - Kurono has to self confidence to lead people on Gantz missions, whereas Kato has that same confidence in the real world. Kato not being as smart also works against him a bit. Oh yea and the old guy really doesn't work without Kurono there.

Kurono is my favorite naturally just because we followed him around all of phase one... but I do also like Nishi, Hojo, Cherry and Kato (in no paticular order.)

website - deviantart

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sheard View Post

The only character I actually hate is Kishimoto. I'm a bit critical of Kato at times, but only because I think he's put on a pedestal a bit too much *blames Kishimoto a lot here* but I honestly do not think Kato is as good as a leader as he (or most of his fans) thinks. It seems to come more naturally for Kurono but if you take Kurono out of Gantz, he'd be equally bad at leading people. It's funny if you think about it - Kurono has to self confidence to lead people on Gantz missions, whereas Kato has that same confidence in the real world. Kato not being as smart also works against him a bit. Oh yea and the old guy really doesn't work without Kurono there.
    well Katou newer was the leader of the team in da first place.Noone wants to folow a leader who is weak and he newer showed his strengts,until the end against that thousand arms,Kurono did thats why everyone wanted to follow him.

Quote Quote:
    I dunno... I found her to be less sympathetic. The way she constantly acted one way with Kurono during missions as if he was garbage and could go die for all she cared... then between missions, would wave her tits just enough at him to keep giving her free room and board.

I just thought Kishimoto was all around manipulative, but cute girly voices don't exactly work or do anything for me.
    Well she lacks brain power thats what,she afterall failer some entrance exam,i actualy dont care about her and dont want to talk about her in anyway.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sheard View Post
    They work for me!

On another note, that recent chapter (255) was pretty good, despite the lack of action. It's interesting because it shows a totally different view of the Osaka guys. That heroin weirdo doesn't seem as psychotic a he used to be.

Now I want these guys to live past this mission to see what they're really like.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marmoset View Post
    They work for me!

On another note, that recent chapter (255) was pretty good, despite the lack of action. It's interesting because it shows a totally different view of the Osaka guys. That heroin weirdo doesn't seem as psychotic a he used to be.

Now I want these guys to live past this mission to see what they're really like.
    well they sometimes do to me also,but if a girl doesnt know hot to talk,or has some other stupid things like Kishimoto has then , would rather have Tae for a girlfrien then some slut who likes to party all the time,get drunk till she cant walk no more,that smokes and gets in bed with anyone and if she finds a guy who pretier or has something he hasnt then bye bye for me.

My dream girl is Satsuki from Ichigo 100%.Shes prety,talks probably more then i do,shes lowder then i am and she could fight a bunch of girls at the same time.Cause im not realy into defending girls from girls.

As psychotic as he used to,dude look at his eyes theyre are maniacal,they want to kill,these are more psychotic then Nishis.This dude will atack the entire bunch of those aliens.
    Last edited by Hollow Kurono; August 11, 2007 at 12:54 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Kurono View Post
    As psychotic as he used to,dude look at his eyes theyre are maniacal,they want to kill,these are more psychotic then Nishis.This dude will atack the entire bunch of those aliens.
    The thing about the aliens isn't the point. Of course he wants to kill aliens, that's what Gantz wants you to do. I'm saying that this guy doesn't seem to be as heartless about other people like the resy of the Osaka guys. He actually saved a guy's life. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but still, that makes him less heartless than the Osaka guys who didn't seem to care when people died.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

^well i dont think so,he killed those aliens cause he needed points and he used that nerdo to help him with aliens.Cause he will get pissed doing all that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would he need help? Did he really need a guy to hold a laptop that told him what he already knew (that it was a weak alien)?

There was no real reason for him to save that guy. There is more to the Osaka team- or at least the heroin addict- than meets the eye.

Robots in disguise
    Sorry, couldn't help myself

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

^well i think it would take him less time to have a partner then byhimself to hold laptop,see how much points u would get for an alien,drive a bike and kill aliens at the same time,dont u think so?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, yeah. Even if the heroin guy picked the virgin up just to use him,it doesn't change the fact that he saved that guy's life. And he didn't just blow the guy off when he saved either. He could've just left that guy alone and let him die. Instead, he made the virgin tag a long with him, which could keep him alive a little longer, pending any sneak attacks or stupid mistakes.

New Reply
Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast