Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil Fruits

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Devil Fruits

I also think logia user can "change" or/and "use" the environment to their favour. Thinking about crocodile he was able to create a sandstorm. Well lets say it was produced out of his body, but then again how did he regenerate his own body after losing that much sand? He must have used the sand of the environment for his attack or to regenerate himself. The humans self regenration isn't that fast. btw he could also turn the environment into sand (= his favour).

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxe View Post
    Kizaru is a special case I think.
    He would be truly unbeatable if he can even harness the light from the sun and turn it into energy.
    Yeah' it is certainly overpowered, like (mostly) all logia user, but I do think it could be possible. Kizaru could turn the light of the sun into a giant laser or sth. It could take some time, but he would be able to erase a whole city/country/small island, depending on the size. If we compare it with Enels giant w.e energy ball, I do think it could be possible, he is an "Admiral" after all. But it have to take a certain time to charge the attack, not like he could use the sun light every sec. That would be truly overpowered.

About Dragon, he have to be strong, imo some1 like him can only have a logia fruit or nothing. But not a zoan or paramecia. I'm pretty sure in his case his name has nothing to do with his DF ability or are u saying he had his DF before his own name?
    Note: I'm talking about Name not Title!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deathgod75's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    I also think logia user can "change" or/and "use" the environment to their favour. Thinking about crocodile he was able to create a sandstorm. Well lets say it was produced out of his body, but then again how did he regenerate his own body after losing that much sand? He must have used the sand of the environment for his attack or to regenerate himself. The humans self regenration isn't that fast. btw he could also turn the environment into sand (= his favour).

Yeah' it is certainly overpowered, like (mostly) all logia user, but I do think it could be possible. Kizaru could turn the light of the sun into a giant laser or sth. It could take some time, but he would be able to erase a whole city/country/small island, depending on the size. If we compare it with Enels giant w.e energy ball, I do think it could be possible, he is an "Admiral" after all. But it have to take a certain time to charge the attack, not like he could use the sun light every sec. That would be truly overpowered.

About Dragon, he have to be strong, imo some1 like him can only have a logia fruit or nothing. But not a zoan or paramecia. I'm pretty sure in his case his name has nothing to do with his DF ability or are u saying he had his DF before his own name?
    Note: I'm talking about Name not Title!
    yeah i actually wanna c Dragon with the wind wind logia fruit. cause of all the logia's this is the one that i cant find a weakness 4. and thats what i seemed he possesed back in loguetown

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Monkey D Dragon has a Storm Storm fruit?

That would explain the lightening bolts and rain..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Devil Fruit Theory

OK well i know there are alot of theory's out there about where the devil fruits come from and how people know what the effect of various fruits are and what abilities they grant and i just came up with this it may seem like a stupid idea but it kinda makes sense to me

Originaly i would like to think that all the devil fruits came from one island or various islands around the one piece world and where found by various people and eaten and they gained the what ever power said DF gave. Now my real theory kicks in when said person dies.

Lets face it the OP world is mostly water so its safe to say it has always been a major form of travel around the world and that these people that ate the devil fruits where very likely to have died at sea and as we know DF users in water are hammers and are bound to sink.

Now another point is that seastone and the sea itself weakens DF users and i know this is mostly old ground but bare with me. now maybe not seastone but perhaps the effects of the sea itself would warp the body of the user back into the devil fruit or into a new version of it so that the fruit would get swept up in a current and whisked off to various islands and other such areas to be found again by a new generation and over the generations people have decided to keep records of these fruits so future generations know what to look for.

I know its a bit of stretch but i thought it was a neat little idea about DF's being able to carry on using the person who eats it as like a transportation method to get to new places in the world what does every one think?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrTeatime's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Devil Fruit Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Paz42 View Post
    Lets face it the OP world is mostly water so its safe to say it has always been a major form of travel around the world and that these people that ate the devil fruits where very likely to have died at sea and as we know DF users in water are hammers and are bound to sink.
    Why? They wouldnt have died any more often than non-df people.

In the age of wind-power ships; if you fell into the sea, you most likely did so in a storm/strong gale etc.
    And under those circumstances, you were royally screwed in any case. Actually most sailors did not know how to swim.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Devil Fruit Theory

Quote Quote:
    In the age of wind-power ships; if you fell into the sea, you most likely did so in a storm/strong gale etc.
    And under those circumstances, you were royally screwed in any case. Actually most sailors did not know how to swim.
    im not saying that just people with df would die from falling into to the sea im just saying its a very high chance and even if some one was to say die in a battle onboard a ship then i would think burial at sea would be a more likely option then keeping the body on board for who knows when the crew would come across and island to bury them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Do Devil Fruit Powers Scale with User's Strength

This stems from a discussion with Razh about whether or not Kuma's "Knock you a week's travel over there" power could be resisted.

The question is if the power of a DF is a function only of the DF itself or if it is related to the user's own strength/will in some way. Take Mr. 5 for example, he had the bomb fruit, yet his bombs were nothing compared to Ursa Shock. They blew the crap out of ordinary people, but were next to useless against Luffy (it was a nice warmup for his fight with Zoro).

Were Mr. 5's explosions ineffective against Luffy because the Bomu Bomu no Mi is weak or because Mr. 5 is weak? That is the question. I would argue that in the latter case, a stronger character like Whitebeard could be hit with Kuma's paw and only be pushed back a couple feet ready to continue the fight.

Certainly some DF's are weaker than others, the difference between Kilo Kilo and Pika Pika no Mi is night and day, but I think the power of any given fruit is on some level a function of the user.

Any thoughts?
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    That is the question. I would argue that in the latter case, a stronger character like Whitebeard could be hit with Kuma's paw and only be pushed back a couple feet ready to continue the fight.
    Paw paw fruit repel at speed of light, I think it doesn't matter the mass or whatever of the object.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So you think the repelling ability would be just as effective if Spandam had the fruit?
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Spandam wouldn't create air bullets or use a Ursa Shoch, but he would send anything he touch flying at speed of light... still, needing to touch is something that depends a lot of the user. Spandam wouldn't block anything because he is slow, and if you can't cut someone else neck with a sword or even a knife, if you need to touch someone wouldn't be of much use...
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    So you think the repelling ability would be just as effective if Spandam had the fruit?
    Repelling abillity itself would be the same. The effectiveness of the DF would be different. First of all, he's a lot smaller than Kuma, so he could cover a lot less space with his paw. And second, due to his personallity, who knows if he could even develop the abillity to push air. Repelling solid objects is probably a given thing. Kuma probably had to train a lot to be able to repel air or physical pain. Or to teleport himself around.
    So, I think that repelling objects is always the same. We can't really know if it has anything to do with user's strenght. Maybe Spandam really couldn't throw people as far as Kuma does. The paws probably repel attacks with the same force. Maybe it works like Impact Dial. Absorbs the force of the attack (or an object) and returns it with the same force. Maybu Kuma has perfected the ability to the point that he's able to multiply the return force.

Also, when it comes to throwing people around. I think that he doesn't just throw people. He probably encases them in some kind of air bubble. Why else would there be a paw print on every landing place?

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's 100% about the strength of the user. If Luffy's Gears aren't proof enough for you, I could also go on about how combat experience and power are highly relevant to a DF's control (Kaku could make multiple forms of his Zoan whereas earlier Zoan's such as Pell could only make one).

But if I assume that two people of equal intelligence and knowledge of their fruits were to use them, but there were levels in physical and mental strength I imagine there will be differences. Of course, it's impossible to prove this.

In summary: I still rate experience over power, but you only live long and gain experience if you are strong. So in a way, it's a catch 22.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ledoke's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hana Hana no Mi - Do You guys know how exactly does this fruit work? We've seen Robin multiplying her arms, legs, eyes, ears and I think Oda somewhere said that she could multiply her breasts, but what else can she make? Is it possible for her to multiply any body part or only those few we've already saw?

And about sea(sea stone) its said that it stops DF powers but for Luffy it looks like its only making him tired without influencing his fruit ability. Does it really work like that or did I miss something?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member RobinotX's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yomi Yomi no Mi- Hell Hell Fruit.

It maked Brook a man who could have a second life.
    But I think there is more. Maybe he can also revive other people. Or call things out of Hell?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

If Luffy can make his cloth stretch, maybe someday he will make someone else stretch?

But now thinking about it, Jabura's shoes also stretch...
    Last edited by Fox666; November 25, 2008 at 01:09 AM.
    TOBI IS OBITO

New Reply
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast