Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: News about Gantz ending

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

News about Gantz ending

Here is an article taken from the French version of Gantz volume 17. I thought it would bring interest to MH. The article's name is "What is inside of my head"

It is kinda of a spoiler for the series lifetime, nothing too bad or too exciting though( I think...) so if you want to stay clueless, don't read it might give you little ideas!!Enjoy it, it s short...Sorry for the mistakes I translated it at the same time I was reading it!

I'll put up the rest of the articles translated !

Quote Quote:
    On Gantz

I really wish I could finalize Gantz, and I am sure that the people that are on the same level of toughts as me will take an immense amount of pleasure out of it.
    These people at least, I want to take them very very far.

When I think about Gantz conclusion, I am myself very excited. In a way, it is like masturbation...No, it's clearly masturbation!!
    But it is good that way! So, dear Shueisha( Japenese editor of Gantz), please let me go all the way!!

And for you, my dear assistants, know that the fight will be long and rough, but I hope you will continue to follow me. I think it'll be very "orgasmic" if I can
    finalize Gantz the way I'd like it...
    Here is a copy of the scanned page(French only, no time today to play with Photoshop!)

Last edited by TheGenius; September 16, 2007 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Many mistakes!
    President Netero/My D-A account!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New about Gantz ending

^Wow thanx,well it seems Oku wants to be in bussines for a long time.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Teardrop Jones's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Oku is weird, lol. That simile/metaphor he used was.....unorthodox, to say the least. I found it strange that he spoke about masturbation and orgasms in an article entitled,"What Is Inside Of My Head". But I am glad that Gantz will last for awhile longer. I really hope the upcoming chapters answers all the questions that we've been askin' ourselves about the plot, characters, and the morality of today's society.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teardrop Jones View Post
    Wow. Oku is weird, lol. That simile/metaphor he used was.....unorthodox, to say the least. I found it strange that he spoke about masturbation and orgasms in an article entitled,"What Is Inside Of My Head". But I am glad that Gantz will last for awhile longer. I really hope the upcoming chapters answers all the questions that we've been askin' ourselves about the plot, characters, and the morality of today's society.
    Hum, well this is the last page of the article( the most interesting one) and since I'm pretty free tonight, I might translate the rest... Check it soon and I'll post more....

But I hate went publishers pressure the mangaka to finish a serie, it's really killing the effort...They should pressure the M"/%?F(*!$" who does Naruto and Inuyasha to end the series misery!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Teardrop Jones's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, yeah, that does suck, because rushing the mangaka affects his/her creativity and puts more focus on having a finished product as opposed to looking at the manga as a work of art.
    That in turn exasperates the reading experience for fanatics like us. So yeah, I hate it as much as you do.

But yeah, I'll check back here and there to read the rest. Thanks for translating.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teardrop Jones View Post
    Lol, yeah, that does suck, because rushing the mangaka affects his/her creativity and puts more focus on having a finished product as opposed to looking at the manga as a work of art.
    That in turn exasperates the reading experience for fanatics like us. So yeah, I hate it as much as you do.

But yeah, I'll check back here and there to read the rest. Thanks for translating.
    No prob! It's a pleasure!

They should take example on Berserk, it's been there since 88!!

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much , this gives me a big Kope that Gantz's ending would be Worth Watching and that he'll put all he's efforts to Make it a pleasure journey for the fans !!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andreafraize View Post
    Thank you so much , this gives me a big Kope that Gantz's ending would be Worth Watching and that he'll put all he's efforts to Make it a pleasure journey for the fans !!
    It's a pleasure! I like sharing my discoveries with the MH community, you guys are a lot of fun!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly about the ending but it's still news...well not exactly but ya'll figure it out...I found this article stating the real events of Kei's death.

Yes sir, Oka inspired a real situation and that turned into a manga. The event took place in 2001 while Oka released Gantz in 2000.

http://www.nishinippon.co.jp/media/n...tenraku.1.html

It states that a young Korean(Lee Soo-hyun) living in Japan (to learn the language) saw a man falling down on the rails. He and his friend were the only ones to help the man. Unfortunetaly, they all died. Did they got transfered in the room for their heroic act? Nobody knows!

Freakish no?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

An old Interview with Oku Hiroya:

There is an option to translate it to the english, so yo can read it, there is an audio too but is in japanese
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

New Reply