Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: IS GANTZ EVIL OR GOOD ??

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • GOOD !!

6 54.55%
  • Evil , he's the Devil himself !!

4 36.36%
  • i don't have a clue !!

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Mr.Gantz really a BAD guy ??

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Mr.Gantz really a BAD guy ??

in my opinion ,

Mr.Gantz is a generous person , he Choose Poeple who have died , let them chase the Dangerous Aliens in order to save humanity "Remember that the Gantzers are dead = it doesn't matter if they died again " .

So What Do You Think ??
    Last edited by andreafraize; September 17, 2007 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Mistakes , lots of'em

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Mr.Gantz really a BAD guy ??

Quote Originally Posted by andreafraize View Post
    in my opinion ,

Mr.Gantz is a generous person , he Choose Poeple who have died , let them chase the Dangerous Aliens in order to save humanity "Remember that the Gantzers are dead = it doesn't matter if they died again " .

So What Do You Think ??
    When I watched the bastardized anime version of the series, I did get a feeling that gantz was benevolent to some degree. The ball would give the members a purposeful second chance at life/death. Usually, these people would be dissatisfied with the way they died. For example, Kei was forced into sacrificing himself because of the societal situation he was in. He ultimately died without having any choice in the matter. For him, it was a purposeless death. In the final part of the anime, he was putting himself in harms way to save the new team. Sure, such actions could lead to his death, but his death would have had a purpose. He could die content under such conditions. While the ending really sucked, it did leave me with that impression. It kind of gave the ball an existential purpose that was invaluable to some of the characters (if you want more examples based on different characters, I'd be happy to provide some). As the manga went on, I got the feeling that this idea wasn't being expressed as much, though it does keep this trend alive for some of the characters. I also get the feeling that this idea is connected to why stupid n00b doesn't want to be revived if he dies (I'm willing to elaborate if you want me to).

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Is Mr.Gantz really a BAD guy ??

in my opinion ,

So What Do You Think ??
    First of all , when i first read the manga , i thought Gantz was a funny jerk who plays with poeple's life , but after getting deeper and deeper in the story line , i was surprised that the bastard has a reason , preventing the apocalipse and saving the human kind from vampires (as Nishi said) and the aliens by taking dead soldiers to the battlefield , and by taking this road and using this methods to save the world he can also revive the souls of this dead soldiers named as the Gantzers , protecting and serving the mankind .

i Offecially say that Gantz is an international hero !! " yes i agree with you "

Quote Originally Posted by kaliayev View Post
    When I watched the bastardized anime version of the series, I did get a feeling that gantz was benevolent to some degree. The ball would give the members a purposeful second chance at life/death. Usually, these people would be dissatisfied with the way they died. For example, Kei was forced into sacrificing himself because of the societal situation he was in. He ultimately died without having any choice in the matter. For him, it was a purposeless death. In the final part of the anime, he was putting himself in harms way to save the new team. Sure, such actions could lead to his death, but his death would have had a purpose. He could die content under such conditions. While the ending really sucked, it did leave me with that impression. It kind of gave the ball an existential purpose that was invaluable to some of the characters (if you want more examples based on different characters, I'd be happy to provide some). As the manga went on, I got the feeling that this idea wasn't being expressed as much, though it does keep this trend alive for some of the characters. I also get the feeling that this idea is connected to why stupid n00b doesn't want to be revived if he dies (I'm willing to elaborate if you want me to).
    This means you agree right ??

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

In da anime hes an asshole.In da manga hes to,he aint a good guy and he aint bad guy...yes i agree he gives another chance to humans who have died,but remeber what he has done with Tae??Would a good guy do that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm.... I wonder if all of the people in the Gantz balls are guys? Maybe some of the balls have girls in them.

....Or maybe, girl pandas?

RUN HOI HOI, IT"S A TRAP!!

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ .Hois heart only belongs to Izumi,even if Izumis dead,Hoi will always love Izumi and will stay single for da rest of his life.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Is Mr.Gantz really a BAD guy ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Kurono View Post
    In da anime hes an asshole.In da manga hes to,he aint a good guy and he aint bad guy...yes i agree he gives another chance to humans who have died,but remeber what he has done with Tae??Would a good guy do that.

yes , in order to save humans lives he must do that . I'll explain to you :

Tae has taked a photographe of a Gantzer , which means if she told anybody about this , the vampires will know (the vampires are Gantz enemies too) so it will lead to another War , and may be the vampires and the aliens will be allies ! and it'll cause him a hell of a probleme + sacrifices should be made !

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Tae has taked a photographe of a Gantzer , which means if she told anybody about this , the vampires will know (the vampires are Gantz enemies too) so it will lead to another War , and may be the vampires and the aliens will be allies ! and it'll cause him a hell of a probleme + sacrifices should be made !
    True, a few for many they say...

But comparing the anime to the manga is sacrilege...It was not produced by the same team and Oku had nothing to do with it...

It is like the Kei mission,do you really Oku had such a bad idea?
    President Netero/My D-A account!

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta wonder whether or not gantz is really "saving" anyone's life in the first place. Remember that it's already been discussed in the manga that the people who are ressurected in the game are more like "copies" then the original.
    This is especially true when you look at Kei, where gantz messed up and thought that she was dead when in truth her original copy was still amoungst the living
    Overall though, I don't think Gantz is generous. Most of the time the people he brings into the room have no idea of the mission in the first place, and often re-die in new painful and terrifying ways. It's like reviving a person from a heart-attack, putting on a gorrila mask, and giving them another heart-attack.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Is Mr.Gantz really a BAD guy ??

Quote Originally Posted by GantzerVSNightmare View Post
    Most of the time the people he brings into the room have no idea of the mission in the first place, and often re-die in new painful and terrifying ways. It's like reviving a person from a heart-attack, putting on a gorrila mask, and giving them another heart-attack.
    That's why he EXPLAINS the mission , give them WEAPONS , SHOWS them the Target , and

give them the SUITS ....

they have all the required tools to COMPLETE the MISSION !!

Think about it , if you were in his Shoes , and you were asked to save the human kind , would you do the same thing or not ???? at least he uses people that are ALLREADY dead !!

Sometimes we have to do things others may qualify as "evil" in order to remain peace !!

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay if hes the good guy why didnt he just make it like this "kill the tape of this girl" ha???Gantz could make a single mission to Kurono,to go take that tape,squash it and all.Why,if Gantz knows that Tae means more then anythin to his best warrior,is this what u call a bad guy....maybe he tried to safe humanity but he still atacked an inosent human being.And where would Tae put those pics???To her manga,which noone would read.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay if hes the good guy why didnt he just make it like this "kill the tape of this girl" ha???Gantz could make a single mission to Kurono,to go take that tape,squash it and all.Why,if Gantz knows that Tae means more then anythin to his best warrior,is this what u call a bad guy....maybe he tried to safe humanity but he still atacked an inosent human being.And where would Tae put those pics???To her manga,which noone would read.
    About the tape : i'm sure that even if they destroy it , she will tell poeple about what happend

and we know that Gantz's Main Consern is to not let any information about him leak !!

About Tae : Euuuhhh.... Gantz surely know that Kurono loves Tae very much , and he

Ordered to exterminate Tae on purpose , it's like a test to kurono " to see if your Main

Warrior is loyale to you " , and i can add this : Gantz know that kurono will Revive her , then

it's more Safe to kill her then have her back with a "wiped" Memory , than to let her alive

and she can spread the information !!

that's why he is the boss in the room , he takes the wise choices , unlike the others

that follow their heart !!

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

^^She didnt see sh!t and she aint that sure if he fell by herself or that was realy Kei.And she couldnt spread the info,noone would believe her anyway.And Gantz is preety cool,he can delete the pics in da phones and blood to when Kei and Kato got hit but he cant brake one sily tape or camera.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

^^She didnt see sh!t and she aint that sure if he fell by herself or that was realy Kei.And she couldnt spread the info,noone would believe her anyway.And Gantz is preety cool,he can delete the pics in da phones and blood to when Kei and Kato got hit but he cant brake one sily tape or camera.

First of all , i respect your opinion !!

About "She didnt see sh!t and she aint that sure if he fell by herself or that was realy Kei"

but" if you could remember back then , when Kurono saw Tae in Danger he run to save her

and after killing the alien , WHAT DID SHE SAID ?????

she said : KEI ??? IS THAT YOU ??

and About : "And she couldnt spread the info,noone would believe her anyway " , as i said

"or not" Gantz Main Consern is not : human can find out about him , because they won't believe her in the first place as you said !!

but his Major Consern is VAMPIRES . they are Gantz old enemies "izumi used to chase

them" if Tae would tell a word about what happened , they will take her , interogate her

and find about Kei "she will tell them she saw kei wearing a weird suit ,when they ask her

if she saw someone wearing a weird suit !!"....

PS: the vampires know about GANTZ know "Total hazard", without TAE'S information . imagine if they knew it from TAE= they will come prepared and in a large number groupe !
    "they may do if the host samurai and his partner got out alive from Osaka"

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

^tell me how would the vampires find out about an x-gantzer x-girlfriend...they would neva eva know about her,ofcoursse if someone snitches like that reporter,i just want to know why didnt Gantz kill Taes camera.He could do that but he didnt thats why hes an ass.And they wouldnt atack Tae for sure,she would just be like "what is this?" shell probably would have went to Kurono told about it and Kei would squash that tape and it would be over but nah Gantz is all about killing.Some good guy he is in ur eyes.

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast