Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Question about the Gantz Memory Bank

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member fluke32's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

A Question about the Gantz Memory Bank

Does it store ALL the Gantz members (including members that doesn't come from the Tokyo Team) or just the Gantz members from a selected region?

This question occured to me when the Osakan nerd who was helping the Osakan drug addict told Katou that he will revive the Yamazaki. Then, it hit me, "What if a member can revive other members from a different branch?" For example, you're an American, and you saw action in a mission with a Gantz team who hails from India where you saw that one of them is really good, can you revive him when you get 100 points and have him in your team?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Question about the Gantz Memory Bank

I dunna if anyone knows the straightforward answer to this, but most likely all the people in the memory bank are people that gantz has transferred at least once.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder if they can bring someone from the memory whos still participating in missions

example

Oka tells gantz to copy himself, then in the room are 2 copies of Oka
    I think its possible with the given rules of gantz universe.

anyone from memory doesnt have to mean death via gantz missions, it can be people who chose Option#1, so why not people who are not even dead, since its all DATA anyways

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well theoretically if they are in the gantz room they have died, I doubt the copy thing would work. Especially since most people arent aware of how gantz works, sakata knew it but whats to say everyone else does. Most people barely make it past the 5th mission.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
    well theoretically if they are in the gantz room they have died, I doubt the copy thing would work.
    kishimoto

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

kishomoto dies later on. and lol at 1 word post.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He was saying that Kishimoto is definitely a copy because the original Kishimoto didn't die after all; when she got back home from the first mission, she got a call from her mother; she was in the hospital after having survived a suicide attempt. Kei tried to talk to the original Kishimoto after the Gantz version died, but he creeped her out because he knew too much about her.

Nishi also said that one of the former Gantzers was also a copy; Gantz doesn't always wait for the original to die.

I don't think Gantz wants two of the same person, though, or he would just make 15 copies of the best warrior and send them all to every battle. He also doesn't want them to be able to win easily, or he would send them out in the best armor and weapons that he has, instead of making them earn them. He would also give them a little better info and tell the rookies a little about how to survive. It's possible that they can choose option 3 and revive themselves as of the end of their last mission, but it isn't likely because Gantz just doesn't want them to.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we'll find out more about the memory bank for a while, unless we get to see the Osaka Gantz scores.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i really dont think there is much more to find out, gantz stores all the people he copies in the memory bank wether theyre hunters or not(i.e tae). I doubt he stores aliens and even if he does i cant see anyone ever reviving them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I doubt he stores aliens and even if he does i cant see anyone ever reviving them.
    LOL you don't think HS misses his best bud the Oni boss? Or how about the fire demon? Maybe the other three vampire bosses? Is HS the only non-human to ever end up in a Gantz room? Probably not. After all, besides vampires, Gantz has been known to select dogs and pandas. Maybe a werewolf? He isn't exactly meticulous. Gantz is sloppy and lazy. He might even accidentally select something like the fire demon or an Oni boss sometimes.
    It's altogether possible that a Gantz ball would recruit a batch of aliens to fight against another batch of aliens.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

you seriously think that the other hunters are gonna let hs revive the oni boss or any alien for that matter? secondly the other three vamp bosses shouldnt be in the database at all. the answer to this one is simple tho it all depends on what happens to the aliens after the hunters are transferred, are they transferred as well or are they just left there?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After the enemies die, they are all still there, just invisible to the public. If Gantz didn't dispose of them, people would trip over them; in a couple of days the corpses would start stinking as they rotted. Of course Gantz disposes of them after the battle. Also, at the end of the fight against all of the vampires, it appeared that Izumi's girlfriend couldn't see the vampires; she was running toward him and didn't even notice HS. The police report listed Izumi, an old man and three police officers. The vampires evidently got cleaned up. I would assume that Gantz cleans up anything that his weapons kill. He didn't dispose of the policemen and the old man and the woman that the vampires had killed. When he cleans the scene, he probably stores both the Gantzers and the aliens in the database. He probably has separate databases for the two sides, though.

You really think that Katou and company could stop HS before he could tell Gantz "number 3. Nurarihyon." You're talking about a 2-second sentence, something that they wouldn't expect. It would take longer than that for any of those time-delay weapons to hit him, anyway. And HS was able to hold his own against the whole room full of Gantzers in issues 238-240. If he really wanted to rez one of his buddies, they couldn't stop him.

It remains to be seen just who is kept in the database. After all, Tae was put in it after she was killed by a Gantz weapon. But that was during a mission. The vampire leaders may or may not qualify.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

You cant revive a vampire nor an alian...
    the rule is "You will be able to revive a human beeing from the memory"

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php...185&page_nr=17

Unless this was not translated correctly...
    A melhor thread, com as melhores pessoas, os melhores assuntos na melhor língua
    ___________Portuguese thread v.14 Entre e conheça!!__________

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But Butter Dog is in the memory bank. So that means he's a human being? Gantz seems to have a hard time mastering the specifics.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

He is at the memory bank? Butter dog is the dog from the first part of Gantz?? well even if he is in the memory bank, that doesnt mean he can be revived (actually, i didnt even know he had died... do you mind posting a link? ) the way i see it, the memory holds everyone/everything, but only the humans can be revived..
    Last edited by Raysen_ht; September 15, 2008 at 10:32 AM.
    A melhor thread, com as melhores pessoas, os melhores assuntos na melhor língua
    ___________Portuguese thread v.14 Entre e conheça!!__________

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast