Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Welcome to the collective reading of shoujo and josei manga information and rules thread!
Collective reading of shoujo and josei manga is a project initiated to introduce more people to shoujo and josei manga that is already completed. This project allows the participants to be involved in discussion about the manga that they are reading, within a time period, to make sure everyone can read at the same pace. It is hoped that with this project, the participants can appreciate shoujo/josei manga more.
1. At the start of each session, the moderator will open sign-up for two weeks to gather participants for the project. During sign-ups, each participant can suggest one title that they want to have for that session. The title suggested must be a completed shoujo/josei manga.
2. After the sign-up is closed, all the titles that the participants have suggested will be put into polls, and within a week, the participants must vote for one title they want among the titles available.
3. After the poll is closed and a winner emerges, everyone will discuss and agree on the reading schedule (how many chapter/volume(s) to read in a week). After a schedule is fixed, the reading weeks start.
4. The reading week starts in Monday and ends in Sunday. During that time period, the participants read the assigned chapter/volume(s), and participate in the discussion.
5. Once all the volumes are finished, the session ends. The next session will start again from Step 1.
1. All forum rules still apply.
2. All discussions of the manga take place in its respective thread. For example, if the chosen manga is Fruits Baskets, then the discussion is in Fruits Baskets manga thread in the manga discussion forum.
3. During the reading week, some may read faster than others, therefore from Monday to Friday, all discussion posts must be put under spoiler tag, to avoid those who haven't finished reading to be spoiled. From Saturday to Sunday, with the assumption that everyone has finished reading, spoiler tag isn't needed.
4. In using spoiler tag, please inform on what chapter/volume you are spoiling, so that the others can decide whether it is safe for them to read your post. You can do it like this:
6. Discussion is only limited to chapter/volume(s) agreed during the week. Discussion of the future volume(s) is not allowed.Quote:
If there's any questions regarding the procedure or rules, just post your questions here. Participants may also give suggestions about the procedure and rules, but the moderator will make the final decision.
Any announcement or notice about the project will also be posted here. So it is recommended to check this thread from time to time.
Last edited by yukihime03; July 25, 2014 at 08:53 AM.
For our first session, Fruits Baskets has been chosen. Before we can start reading, we need to discuss about the schedule. The manga is quite long: 136 chapters in 23 volumes . Any suggestion for how many chapter/volume(s) to read in a week?
We could do 1 volume per week. I'm not sure if I would do more than 2 a week, though.
I'm OK with 1 or 2 volumes per week, more than that would be a bit difficult with my schedule.
i'm okay with 1 volume per week. ^^
I'm okay with 1 or 2 volumes per week... I think 2 is the best option cuz this manga is quite long but I'm okay with 1 volume/week.
What everyone else has said. One volume per week is doable.
I don't know how many story arcs there are in Fruits Basket or whether the manga can be sectioned off into arcs, but the schedule can also be split up according to separate sub-plots if possible.
---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------
@Yuki: I've been stickying/unstickying threads, but let me know if you want to keep a thread up or down.
Okay then, one volume per week, it is, for now. If in the middle, we want to speed up things, we can talk about it again later.
We can start the collecting reading from today!
@Asarii: Thanks! It's okay for now.