Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Who should stay, who should go, and should there be any n00bs?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kazuho's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who should stay, who should go, and should there be any n00bs?

ok, ive been thinkin about this for awhile. Now there are so many characters in Bleach, many of them without a rich history or plot. Shonen is not known for killing off characters, so my question is: if they "were" to kill of some characters for the Winter War, then who should go and who should stay.

also, should those characters be replaced with new ones? and who will replace the empty captian slots...?

Pesonally i dont really care for these characters:
    Sasakibe Chōjirō (1st div. Lt.)
    Ōmaeda Marechiyo (2nd div. Lt.)
    Komamura Sajin (7th div. Cpt.)
    Kotetsu Isane (4th div. Lt.)

i think its fair to say they could be replaced...some fresh faces would add a little rejuvenation to the series (not that it needs it...)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/pNoiBoiGT/scepsigut1.jpg

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OrangeRat's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who should stay, who should go, and should there be any n00bs?

I've never liked it when a show kills off the boring/flat characters. If ya gotta kill someone, it should be someone important whose death would affect not only the plot, but the reader as well.

And there shouldn't be too many more new characters, as, like you said, not all of them have develped backgrounds. The vizards should (and probably will) become more important and developed as characters.

It seems as though the Winter War WILL be the end of Bleach, so new characters after that would be out of the question. However, I've always wondered if there would be a post-war arc, so that Bleach would cover all four seasons.
    GREEN, Your death's colour is Green. Death of the mind. Your heart is isolated within your mind. You seek knowledge. You are very rare.

Others' lifes is your salvation. Listening to people's problems is your way to escape reality. You have an extraordinary wonderful soul, but this soul is carrying the whole world in its shoulders. With your understanding restless nature, you are constantly looking for answers. ~~I carry the whole world on my shoulders~~

My To-Draw List
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

you wanna kill of Komamura no way his bankai is too awesome and someone has to kick tousen's @$$ in the WW

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Orihime should be killed. Great for the story, and the end of the annoying character.
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Don't forget the end of the annoying OrixIchixRuki love triangle.

And she isn't too annoying, especially when compared to most anime girl of her type. Plus, she still has room to grow as a character.

Slightly off-topic: What do you people think of an epilogue? A short one like in Harry Potter or a DBZ-type where their kids are fighting? (But I am pretty wary of the last one)
    GREEN, Your death's colour is Green. Death of the mind. Your heart is isolated within your mind. You seek knowledge. You are very rare.

Others' lifes is your salvation. Listening to people's problems is your way to escape reality. You have an extraordinary wonderful soul, but this soul is carrying the whole world in its shoulders. With your understanding restless nature, you are constantly looking for answers. ~~I carry the whole world on my shoulders~~

My To-Draw List
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if u are talkin about an epilogue for Bleach...the only thing i can think of is a short story based on the time in SS when Isshin, Urahara, and Yoruichi were still part of the Gotei13...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^I think that story would be told DURING Bleach. It is probably very important to the plot.

My To-Draw List
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRat View Post
    I've never liked it when a show kills off the boring/flat characters. If ya gotta kill someone, it should be someone important whose death would affect not only the plot, but the reader as well.

And there shouldn't be too many more new characters, as, like you said, not all of them have develped backgrounds. The vizards should (and probably will) become more important and developed as characters.

It seems as though the Winter War WILL be the end of Bleach, so new characters after that would be out of the question. However, I've always wondered if there would be a post-war arc, so that Bleach would cover all four seasons.
    Theres no way Bleach ends without introducing the king of Soul society's realm. There's at LEAST one more arc after the war. Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    I think Orihime should be killed. Great for the story, and the end of the annoying character.
    Here Here, it'd be perfect!
    Last edited by ANBU4U; September 25, 2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner variety927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of them are going to be killed in the Winter War Arc (yay!)

Its getting too crowded in Bleach. Dont be a wuss Kubo, you can do it!!!!

Im sorry but I do NOT like Rukia.

Kyubbi Naruto gave me permission to use this awesome sig

Spoiler show

OHHH! SO called that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner shinigami_girl_666's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of personal preference, I'd have to say Aizen, Soi Fon, and a few arrancar other than ulqui, noi, and grimm. They all just annoy the shizz outta me. Soi Fon beat up on Yoruichi, and that aint cool.

For the best interest of the story, I'd say some of the less important lieutenants, and maybe a captain. Ooh! It'd be a big twist if yama-jii died! then the whole Seireitei would be overcome with chaos, and it'd gve Aizen's group the perfect opporotunity for attack.

I think, too, that they should just come in with new chars to fill the empty positions, or promote some that are already in there.

Either way, it would be nice to get some old, VERY unwanted faces outta the way and some new ones in.
    Sekai wa sude ni azamuki no ue ni.

Sore mo suteki no tabi ne. Dore mo suteki no tabi ne.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think as many people are gonna die in the ww cos dont forget this is a shonen manga
    maybe if it was a seinen they'd probably kill ichigo ....(like spike in cowboy bebop) if it were up to me id say it should be asano keigo .........nahh im just kidding . but seriously they will only kill a maximum 2 of the good guys ...MAX.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well they've had a few deaths...but its of people we dont really care about. like shiba kaien and kurosaki misaki. so if they were to cut people, it would be people who are not very important to the story or those without in-depth history.

KILL KOMAMURA!!!!

New Reply