Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2003

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Akia999 summed it up pretty well what was wrong with HxH in a nutshell in terms of drawing in new fans. I think that's one reason Yorknew is still easily my favorite arc actually, it has a good ratio of male to female characters in the story between Neon, Melody, Pakunoda, Shizuku, Machi, Veze and the arc immediately afterwords you get Biscuit. So at the time (early 2000s) it felt like it had good female representation but the other arcs literally only have like 1 girl in them almost, that has been a turn off actually for some people I know. (Which I think is a shame)

The 1999 series really doesn't pick up its pace till the 4th phase of the exam ( and for some not till Heaven's Arena) so getting to those parts of the series is like pulling teeth for some. (Though Its how I got into and fell in love with the series, I tend to tell most folks the first 20 episodes of 1999 are something you simply have to endure to get into it, that is until the new series came out ) Overall despite slow bits of 1999, I tend to prefer HxH animated over manga (1999 or 2011) mostly because I have trouble rereading the earlier chapters at parts due to the artistry feeling inconsistant.

It's funny how the artwork in the manga during the Chimera Ant arc turned some away, once he went back and cleaned it up for volume releases I think it blows away the art from previous arcs. I always felt Heaven's Arena wasn't drawn all that well compared to other arcs actually, or did anyone else notice the blatant amount of reused panels/character faces in Yorknew? When I think of lower quality art days those are nearly as prominent to me as the NGL bad art moments.

I really hope Togashi tries to end the series honestly before too much longer (after the next 2-3 arcs tops) allowing the new series to catch up and extend the series for at least another 2-3 years but then bowing out before he drags it on another decade in hiatuses. (kind of pessimistic of me, I suppose, I just think he deserves rest and after being a fan almost 8 years I am ready for HxH to end before another 1-2 year long hiatus.)
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; April 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, TheAmericandream, its obvious Togashi WANTS to make a new arc, otherwise he would have ended HXH in Chimera Ant arc, after all it could have been a nice ending to the story letting some unanswered questions but still a satisfying ending.. Coming from the guy that finished his previous work on a blink, I think its a good thing Togashi actually committed to make a new arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel that Chimera Ants arc had a decent amount of female characters. At least more than Greed Island. But I think G.I. compensates by featuring a heavily predominant female character in Biscuit. She is to date the only female character that you could consider 'main' at one point. Some could make an argument for Palm though.

But truthfully I don't think male to female balance has ever been a real problem in this manga. The problem is that it goes on hiatus too frequently. That is in my opinion the sole reason why it's had trouble capturing new fans. There is a more even split between males and females than many other manga (Toriko) so I really find this claim to be baffling. Some of my favourite HxH characters are female haha.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When Gon turns atleast 20 than i'll know the manga is ending.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Yea 18 is Gon vs Bomber's party and the first 3 chapters of NGL, so start of NGL arc. 14 is like training with Biscuit. GI technically starts in volume 13. So yea, I think its Kurapika fans snatching up the volumes! I find that hilarious that you've solved the puzzle of the missing volumes!
    Covers:
    Spoiler show

They're all going for between 23 (used)-50 dollars new. I'm sure it will only get worse unless they decide to reprint them.

Lol.

Good thing I own Volume 8. Though it cost me like $30.

Volume 9 of course has Kurapika vs Uvogin.

I can't wait for it to be digitally published (or even better if they reprint it)

Volume 18...LOL. Kurapika isn't even in it. But it does start the Chimera Ant Arc.

Volume 14 is basically where Greed Island REALLY starts. Though Volume 13 is like the training for it. Scissors man is cool! Actually one of my favorite fights in the series.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Scissor guy just wow, one of the only parts of the GI OVA's i can say is genuinely to me "Amazing". IT felt like one of the good animation moments from the 1999 series. I rewatched it the other day. Him screaming "I just want a normal life" mid fight is hilarious to me for some reason. But yea, 8, 14 and 18 are all Arc beginning volumes essentially. 9 is just lol more Kurapika.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Scissor guy just wow, one of the only parts of the GI OVA's i can say is genuinely to me "Amazing". IT felt like one of the good animation moments from the 1999 series. I rewatched it the other day. Him screaming "I just want a normal life" mid fight is hilarious to me for some reason. But yea, 8, 14 and 18 are all Arc beginning volumes essentially. 9 is just lol more Kurapika.

Heh.

I just watched the fight a few seconds ago.

I thought I remembered the animation being a lot better. It's actually not that great.
    The beginning of the fight is rather dull because it moves at a snails pace but when they
    actually DO get to the good part of the fight you can tell there is a lot of repeated motions
    and it's all blurry and stuff with the hands..They look like they are fighting with stubs.
    And even with all the action going on there's a ton of still frames and images.
    But it was a highlight of Greed Island to me because it was like when I was watching
    it before it was like "Ok boring yu-gi-oh plot" YAY scissor man fights! But yeah if
    that's some of the best Greed Island has to offer animation wise...well that's kinda sad.

Greed Island is more exciting in the manga. Which is kinda surprising because I thought
    all the details and stuff would make it boring. But it's actually pretty interesting.

When the 2011 series gets to Binolt (scissors man) vs Gon and Killua it should be pretty incredible. The fight is pretty awesome in the manga.

Gon vs Gensuru will of course be amazing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk, I really like the way the rock stuff was done. It's very well set up in the manga and I think it translates fairly well. The big scene to me is when he swipes at killua's eye. The Insert song gets me going (I like the opening theme to GI) the cutting corners are obvious, but maybe I just watch a lot of shonen anime with limited animation. To me its what i would call "good" for long running series tv animation, not on par with say the best eps of Dragonball but only a small step down from the best eps of Yu Yu Hakusho or a few other notables.

I think we're just spoiled on 2011's fights such as Hisoka vs that nobody in Trick tower, thats like one of the best animated HxH fights to me now! When before I didn't care for that chapter/episode at all.

Now I just want to turn this into best animated moments of HxH general. For 1999 to me notable moments are

Uvo vs Kurapika, Hisoka vs Gon, Gon vs Guido 2, Chrollo vs Zoldycks, Spiders vs Mafia on Sept3rd, Spiders vs Mafia on sept1st (franklin and shizuku tearing it up) Bonus test's last episode is way too gorgeous to me episode 20, Gon vs Killua in ep 38 is cute and slick looking, plus Hisoka's orgasim bit in ep 24? to me still trumps the 2011 version (which is good too)

2011 moments

Hisoka vs trick tower guy, Gotoh coin flip, Netero vs Gon and Killua, whenever Illumi does his pin awesomeness, the dizzy effect in the new show is so cool you see it when Hanzo smacks Gon most notably.

What are some specific moments others remember? I could nerd out about animation all day.
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; April 10, 2012 at 08:12 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just beginning, though. We can't compare because still we haven't reached that moments. When the major fights beings, we can start talking about the best "battle".
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just mostly talking about good animated moments that have stood out to you so far in 2011 or scenes you remember from the original series from a visual aspect. Not necessarily comparisons between the two. I think even though it isnt far in, there's plenty of moments that can be discussed just for those who admire the animation and directing. I was wondering if there maybe were some bits I didn't pick up on how good they looked.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I can not wait to see these animated:

Gon vs. Genthru
    Netero vs. Meryem
    Hisoka vs. Gotoh
    Kite vs. Pitou
    Gon meets Ging
    Leorio KO's Ging
    Hisoka vs. Kastro
    Gon vs. Hisoka
    Chrollo vs. Zeno and Silva
    Uvogin vs. Kurapika
    Gon and Killua escaping Nobunaga
    Genthru's explosive deception
    All battles with Royal Guards
    King and Komugi final moments
    Razor Dodgeball Battle
    PALACE INVASION!!!!

God damn HxH has so many amazing moments. The Palace Invasion in my opinion is one of the best scenes in any manga ever. I get chills just reading that scene, it's so complex and intelligently written and beautifully drawn. I love all the different things going on at once and the narration on that scene is spectacular. Arghh need to see it animated!!!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The palace invasion is one of my all time favorite! moments in Hunter x Hunter.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe we barely tipped the surface of HxH moments. I guarantee the next few coming arcs are gonna be off the hinges!!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    I believe we barely tipped the surface of HxH moments. I guarantee the next few coming arcs are gonna be off the hinges!!
    Couldn't agree with you more. It's gonna be amazing!
    Just remember another scene I love:
    Gon and Killua pass Hisoka's test in Heaven's Arena.
    http://www.mangainn.com/mangas/431/6...1_11_38_23.jpg
    When they walk through that hallway Nen oozing from them, it's just so epic!
    I hope they animate it well and play the song they played after Gon met Mike in Zoldyck, that song is badass!

Here is the scene in 99 series. I think it was really underwhelming compared to how epic that moment felt in the manga:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...n3N3SLg#t=363s

Also Nen colours were so strange in 99 series lol
    Last edited by futurefrog; April 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I can not wait to see these animated:

Gon vs. Genthru
    Netero vs. Meryem
    Hisoka vs. Gotoh
    Kite vs. Pitou
    Gon meets Ging
    Leorio KO's Ging
    Hisoka vs. Kastro
    Gon vs. Hisoka
    Chrollo vs. Zeno and Silva
    Uvogin vs. Kurapika
    Gon and Killua escaping Nobunaga
    Genthru's explosive deception
    All battles with Royal Guards
    King and Komugi final moments
    Razor Dodgeball Battle
    PALACE INVASION!!!!

God damn HxH has so many amazing moments. The Palace Invasion in my opinion is one of the best scenes in any manga ever. I get chills just reading that scene, it's so complex and intelligently written and beautifully drawn. I love all the different things going on at once and the narration on that scene is spectacular. Arghh need to see it animated!!!
    All awesome moments. But it's not like the other fights are boring...

Stuff I'm looking forward to:

Killua vs Zushi.
    Gon vs Gido. Especially the Zetsu scene.
    Gon and Killua vs Binolt
    Killua vs Gensuru's buddy
    Gon and Killua vs various Greed Island monsters
    The nen boxing match between the emitters

and one I'm really looking forward to...

Gon vs Knuckle.

Such an underrated fight. And people think the beginning of the Chimera Ant Arc is boring? Nonsense!

Killua vs Shoot should be pretty cool too.

Palace Invasion was beautiful.

Especially...

Netero vs Pitou. I hope they do that in slow motion because it would look epic. Especially with Dragon Dive in the background.

DANG IT! HUNTER X HUNTER IS JUST TOO AWESOME!!!

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast