Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter

I should have said in comparison to the other mangaka that are in shounen jump. Comparitively, there is a little jump in the artwork from the jump to the tank except for a few tweaks here and there in other series. With HxH, it just seems like he does a half assed job rather than get assistants and do a good one from the beginning. It seems to me that it would be much easier to do it that way then his way. He just seems to be stubborn.

Also, i wasn't saying no one wants to buy the tanks originally. All i am saying is that Togashi seems to get deliberately force people to buy the tanks if people want any kind of quality when every other series in jump just has it there from the beginning.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, however Togashi chooses to do it, is entirely his business. Okay so he's stubborn, and lazy and.. whatever; frankly I'm a bit tired of all the accusations.
    Imo he's the only normal mangaka that doesn't work himself to death.

The real HxH fans that still even read it put up with the poor quality of the jump chapters, and won't have any issues with "being forced" (if you wanna call it that) to buy the tanks too. It's quite obvious he needs his time to draw good manga, so I say let him. Because if it's the other way around, and he would be forced to draw weekly again; he'd still draw crappy weekly chapters + won't have the time to work on his tank-redrawings.

Sorry if this comes over a tad defensive. I admit even I get bugged by Togashi's breaks and whatnot. But I love HxH too much not to defend him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member siegfried's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

there is sth wrong with this. if he is sick, how can he redraw the previous volumes but cant continue the story? I would be pleased even if he realised one chapter a month.
    Things not going you way?You pick up your toys and go home.That is it?

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Noone really knows what's up with him. And I always say, if you don't know the jist of it... it's better to keep silent.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HumanRage's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barbapapa
    Noone really knows what's up with him. And I always say, if you don't know the jist of it... it's better to keep silent.
    judging on what he wrote on the cover of every recent volume ("was afraid i would not see the end of this volume" , "i can't stand anymore", "i gave all i had on this" etc.), it smells bad :/

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry but i don't really follow the manga scene too much.

so the reason that HxH has stalled on the Bug arc is that the mangakan is ill/lazy?

I've stopped reading it for a while now and I haven't seen it progress. Is the any inclination showing that the serial will continue in the future ('cause the last chapter I read was when the Hunters were just about to assault the bug king at the palace - too much of a cliffhanger for me)?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Meno's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Togashi is said to be ill. In Japan that can mean anything from a really bad cold to cancer. We just don't know.
    [center]

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

i can't remember when the last chapter was out ...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Last chapter was a while before April . Anyway HxH is one of my favorite series. I like especially Killua and Kurapica. Gon was my favorite until Killua chose a cool lightning attack as his special while Gon chose a stupid looking and slow attack as his special :S.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I read Togashi has cancer.

@Ibra87 Everytime I see your avatar it's a knife in my heart. I miss HxH so much. Life is cruel

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

where does everyone read this stuff? the only thing we know is that he is sick or at least too sick to draw hunter x hunter but not sick enough for a tribute thing, so i doubt he has cancer.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    where does everyone read this stuff? the only thing we know is that he is sick or at least too sick to draw hunter x hunter but not sick enough for a tribute thing, so i doubt he has cancer.
    I read in MH and the post seemed to me serious.

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I also stopped reading HxH a while back. The anime was great. Hope it ends where it was though, because it'd be a perfect ending (unless you read the manga that is...) Not to fond of the ant saga. The drawing is not so bad (well yes it is but I can put up with it since the mangaka is ill)... as are the complications to the abilities all the ants and weird animals have. Kind of took me out of the whole thing.

I guess I might start reading it again tho. And it is pretty bold of you guys to put Togashi down when he's ill. We all know the animations bad, but he can't help it. It seems pretty impossible for him to draw up good illustrations quickly in his condition.

As for the breaks? Don't really mind them. Too much other manga out for me to be stuck on one that's on stanby. And any Vagabond fan will tell you, you haven't met lazy until you've seen Inoue Takehiko (lmao jk, he's one of my favorite artists but his breaks are pretty annoying). Hmmm... maybe I'm not kidding. Anyways, I think I'm going to catch up on good ol' HxH so when it comes back I'll be ready.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    in japan, they are very evasive about illness ... "sick" can mean anything from cold to cancer, he didn't released anything since early february, and the comments on each cover of published'n'redrawn volumes are very ... "i can't no more" "i gave all i had on this volume" "i believed i will never see the end" etc.

:/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HumanRage
    in japan, they are very evasive about illness ... "sick" can mean anything from cold to cancer, he didn't released anything since early february, and the comments on each cover of published'n'redrawn volumes are very ... "i can't no more" "i gave all i had on this volume" "i believed i will never see the end" etc.

:/
    I know. I have heard the stuff on what it means to be sick in japan, but you can't just assume that he has cancer or aids or something like that. He may have those, but i doubt he would considering the work he has managed to do over the past few years. I gather that years of no assistants have finally taken their toll on him and he finally just broke some how. In any case, my point is that he is "sick". Lets not just jump to conclusions when that is the only information anyone outside of the shueisha corporation knows about that.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast