Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2003

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Quote Originally Posted by IamJacky View Post
    I think the estimation of King's nen in numbers was just a tool to argue how long it'd take for Hakoware to render King bankrupt - since I wrongfully suggested it was going to take a couple of days.

Either way, I agree with most guys here saying that in HxH it isn't about sheer power level or Nen abilities at all, but rather strategies. But, I disagree with the prediction that there will be another team or combination of strategies to take down King and finish this arc, not that it's impossible, but because if it does end this way, it just wouldn't feel complete, much like if the King died from the nuke (or if he died from the nuke BECAUSE of other nen abilities like Hakoware) it'd be logical, but it wouldn't feel right.

I still think the key to finish this arc lies between the King himself and Komugi, there will be some actions probably in the next few chapters, but to end this I think Komugi plays the ultimate role.
    This Team-Stuff was just an Example, not a prediction.
    I also wouldnt believe that there will show up other Teams - in this arc right now!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish there was a thread where fights between HH characters could be discussed... I always wondered how bisk would fare against members of the ryodan-she seems to be on the level IMHO-.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member pirateninjahunter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gehad View Post
    Oh well , using Hakoware would be a smart move , but 2 to 3 hours if not more than that is more than plenty of time for the king to wipe 15 hunters at their level . Don't forget that all of the fighting that occurred roughly took an hour , I don't think that anyone would survive for 3 hours when the king is around . Another point is , even if the king's nen is sealed so WHAT , its not like we've seen him use a nen ability or something , with his strength & his rough body for defense i guess that non of the hunters of the team using nen would be able to par with him . He's a bit overpowered & that's what i hate about him so the solution to all this mess will be something unpredictable .
    All punches and kicks and tail strikes the king performs use nen. If he had not used nen to defend against Netero's attack he would already be dead. He must have concentrated his nen in the regions where netero was hitting him.
    Reading list in order from best to least good:
    HxH, OP, Gantz, Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, Berserk, D.Gray-Man, Psyren, Kamen Teacher, Zetman and Fairy Tail

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    If he had not used nen to defend against Netero's attack he would already be dead.
    No. That's why Netero was surprised; Meruem was impervious enough to render his supersonic attacks harmless.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member SmellsLikeTeenSh!t's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Here is my new theory: The fight with the King is actually all over already. He will get back to the castle and recognize Komugi in time to rescue her from Pufu. He then proceeds to play with Komugi and seems to quickly regain his memories but he starts to get sick. He has got radiation poisoning from the explosion. His rapid cellular regeneration has spread genetic damage throughout his body and it is breaking down. He spends the rest of his life trying to defeat Komugi.
    The King will die so or so, ants wont get older then 2 oder 3 years except for the queen which lives normally 25 years.

-Aizen used Hogokyou and hollowfication on Orihime

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunter71485 View Post
    No. That's why Netero was surprised; Meruem was impervious enough to render his supersonic attacks harmless.
    I seriously doubt that is the case. Just because nowadays we do not see nen being used to defend yourself does not mean it is not actually being used. At this point it is so basic it is implied. The king is the closest thing to a natural nen user as it gets, it would be weird if he did not instinctively use nen to defend himself. The king is strong but I doubt he would be nearly as resistant without his nen.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to redirect your attention to this thread.
    Hunter X Hunter and The Breaker needs their own forums!
    I hope this answers your questions.
    Last edited by Akiyama; March 23, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I seriously doubt that is the case. Just because nowadays we do not see nen being used to defend yourself does not mean it is not actually being used. At this point it is so basic it is implied. The king is the closest thing to a natural nen user as it gets, it would be weird if he did not instinctively use nen to defend himself. The king is strong but I doubt he would be nearly as resistant without his nen.
    O.o

Remember the fight between Killua and the new Palm?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

O.o

Remember the fight between Killua and the new Palm?
    What about it?

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Killua explicitly stated that Palm doesn't need to use nen for her defense, since her hair served as an armor, and she is a natural reinforcement type. Sure enough, we can see Palm focusing her nen on her fists.

What about Meruem? Remember that Togashi draws glowing auras whenever someone uses nen. So when Meruem fought Netero he didn't use nen.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Killua explicitly stated that Palm doesn't need to use nen for her defense, since her hair served as an armor, and she is a natural reinforcement type. Sure enough, we can see Palm focusing her nen on her fists.

What about Meruem? Remember that Togashi draws glowing auras whenever someone uses nen. So when Meruem fought Netero he didn't use nen.
    It was never said palm did not need her nen when she used her hair. She actually is a reinforcement type, so I would think her hair works that way due to it being reinforced. Otherwise, it would be just hair....

He doesn't always draw the auras, I am reasonably sure they are implied in several scenarios. In any case, I doubt he could take hundreds of thousands of hits from netero without using nen to defend himself.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    He doesn't always draw the auras, I am reasonably sure they are implied in several scenarios.
    Alright, give examples.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member IamJacky's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pirateninjahunter View Post
    All punches and kicks and tail strikes the king performs use nen. If he had not used nen to defend against Netero's attack he would already be dead. He must have concentrated his nen in the regions where netero was hitting him.
    I don't think the King will ever go bankrupt from Hakoware but for the sake of argument... I am curious to know what you guys think: Will King be beaten by Netero's thousands of punches if he was in Zetsu mode?

I can't prove that the King did not use Nen in all his punches and tail strikes, indeed the glowing aura was never illustrated in ALL of his attacks and guards, which lead me to believe that he wasn't using Nen to guard or attack, below is pretty evident that there is absolutely no indication that Nen was being used to attack and guard:

http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/291/19/

http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/292/06/

But what bothers me is Yupi and how his attacks never had glowing auras as well, yet it was kind of implied that his attacks consumes Nen power, check below image:

http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/280/12/

If Knuckle received that punch, his loan/interest of Hakoware would be paid in full with enough extra damage to be killed. Of course, we can interpret that punch as pure force with no added Nen power, but then that would render Hakoware pointless - what is the point of Hakoware, which can render enemy in Zetsu mode when the enemy brute force are THAT strong? So, I think Yupi used Nen in his punches, and therefore maybe the King also used Nen in his attacks and guards.

But at any rate, suppose the King DID use Nen in his guards, I don't think he used Gyou or Kou (concentrated Nen) to guard where he was going to be attacked, it would not make sense, because during the fight it was stated (check below) that Netero's attack was so fast that King could not see where the attack was coming from (and going to) , therefore IF the King used Nen to guard at all, at best he would have only used Ken (basic Nen surrounding the body)...

http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/292/03/
    Last edited by IamJacky; March 24, 2010 at 04:53 AM.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    But what bothers me is Yupi and how his attacks never had glowing auras as well, yet it was kind of implied that his attacks consumes Nen power, check below image:
    Yupi is using nen, because the "rage" he stores, and the transformation he does, are nen-based.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler of Chapter 302

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Idol; March 24, 2010 at 07:26 AM.

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast