Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2003

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Welcome welcome Naruto2011 Glad to see more Hunter fans joining the flock. Yea I've been contemplating buying Yorknew arc (my favorite part of 1999 anime) in manga form, but volume 8 and 9 seem almost impossible to track down now. One place I've turned to for obscure manga is anime conventions, next time I go to one I'll see if I can find some rare volumes there. Volume 18, and 14 are also really rare (Greed Island). I'd love to see Viz big editions for Hunter X Hunter. I really hope we do get the 2011 anime on television and blu-ray in US. It could mean video games, anime film blu-rays, toys, and a re-release of the manga. Those would be amazing things to look forward to.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the old volumes really that hard to find? If so that's a little odd considering that the series hasn't been discontinued or anything. There was this shop not too far from where I live which sold a lot of cool manga and comic book series, but then it unexpectedly closed. I should've grabbed the Hunter x Hunter volumes when I had the chance!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, YES. More HxH fans. MOOOOOAR.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it extremelly weird that every volume that is obscenely high-priced features Kurapika on the cover..
    Volume 8,9,14 and 18.. I mean 8 and 9 I understand since its Yorkshin and its a pretty good arc but what is volumes 14 and 18?? Isn't 14 like the Start of Greed Island.. 18 is the final?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea 18 is Gon vs Bomber's party and the first 3 chapters of NGL, so start of NGL arc. 14 is like training with Biscuit. GI technically starts in volume 13. So yea, I think its Kurapika fans snatching up the volumes! I find that hilarious that you've solved the puzzle of the missing volumes!
    Covers:
    Spoiler show

They're all going for between 23 (used)-50 dollars new. I'm sure it will only get worse unless they decide to reprint them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yea this managa dserves alot more attention than what it gets. Im honestly surprised that it isnt as popular as mangas like one piece or naruto because its definitely up there! oh im definitely sticking with this, this stuff is pure gold. How long do the hiatuses usually last? it ended at such a high point with beyond netero and venturing to a new planet and the zodiacs, im itching for news of the mangas return

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiatus lengths vary, but we're hoping this one doesn't last too long. Maybe a few months to half a year? With the new anime out I'm patient anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW i have the York New volumes and Greed Island, i have it all the way up to the Chimera Ant arc to like volume 24

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

oh jeez, haha well at least we have the anime to watch

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    yea this managa dserves alot more attention than what it gets. Im honestly surprised that it isnt as popular as mangas like one piece or naruto because its definitely up there! oh im definitely sticking with this, this stuff is pure gold. How long do the hiatuses usually last? it ended at such a high point with beyond netero and venturing to a new planet and the zodiacs, im itching for news of the mangas return
    I feel you man. Ever since i caught up the the manga my whole perspective on it changed.It's seriously the only reason why i joined a forum to tell you the truth. I needed to know other peoples opinions and prediction's and such because it brings a lot of that on to the table. In time i believe HxH will be up there in popularity. The new anime keeps to be drawing more and more fans which is the cool part.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Yeah i want my first hiatus experience to be short!!! lol

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked Amazon.co.uk and it seems to have the volumes in stock. And they're pretty cheap too! Seeing as a lot of stuff is overpriced in Portugal when compared to the UK I tend to just order stuff online.

As for the hiatuses, something tells me that seeing Hunter x Hunter has a new anime series and the fact that the series as media franchise seems to have revived, Togashi will probably be going on shorter breaks. His latest run was the longest yet which makes me think that he's putting more effort into the series.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone interested Viz has (finally) started putting up volumes digitally on their manga site. I haven't really had the chance to collect the manga(and finding older volumes would probably be just about impossible now) so it's a good chance to check out the english translations since I haven't really seen them before.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great! news Viz has finally done something right. I highly recommend people to check out the viz manga translation and plus the art work looks great in the volumes.

free preview here.
    http://www.vizmanga.com/hunter-x-hunter

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    HxH is definitely a good manga, and i have read Bleach,Naruto and Bleach.So,it's definitely on that level.
    Well,it has some quality that are lacking compared to other manga.
    1)The hiatus-The break that he takes are maddening.I survived through 3 of them.Many people have pretty much given up on waiting.I have been a fan of HxH since I was 12...
    2)The art quality during chimera ant arc-The sketchy version of the art were really bad.I was really tempt to stop reading due to the art but the story kept me going.
    3)Lack of female characters.Female characters are pretty much non existent in this manga.
    4)The 1999 version of the anime didn't really help much in drawing in fans because a lot of them gave up before the hunter exam arc even ended.The pace was so agonizingly slow ,people felt it was boring.

Hopefully with the new anime which has a much better pace compare to the 1999 version ,it will gain more fans.And with the current manga arc, the release of a new video game ,hxH will be even more popular. I do hope that Togashi quickly resumed back soon so that he won't lose this opportunity.
    Also,welcome to this part of the forum.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thing here in Brazil the volumes go for approximately 6 dollars. All of them are the same price (the price in the cover).

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I once read that One Piece volumes are split in half and sold seperately in Brazil. Is it the same with Hunter x Hunter and/or any other manga series?

Thread Closed
Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast