Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 by cnet128 , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2003

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I think Gon's transformation was a success. It was shocking, grotesque and showed played on the trope of a kid drastically transforming his body in a 'power up'. Think of how Goku can transform into a Giant Ape, yet his body magically reverts back to normal showing no signs that it had just been massively expanded and reshaped. Here Gon fucks his whole body up trying to do a 'power up' transformation. Gon is reckless bro.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon's transformation was insanely beastly. Where as usually in shounen one typically gains a random powerup with no drawbacks, this on the other hand was basically throwing your life away for the sake of power which makes it more dramatic because we knew that this would leave Gon in a half dead state. And IMO he is the most powerful force in the HXH universe when he went into that state. He easily handled Pitou and his injury of losing his arm felt like something he wanted so he could be like Kaito in that moment. I wonder will he ever reach such a level when he gets older naturally,

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk, Although Mereum couldn't behead Pitou when he swatted at his tail. I don't know if he used nen there or not, also Mereum gets stronger later once he comes back from near death. I'd argue that the King is still stronger, with Macho Gon probably coming in second. He is meant to have endless potential so aging himself forcefully, it makes sense that he'd get that strong.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Post-Nuke Meryem was the strongest character in Hunter x Hunter. He just kept getting stronger in stronger up until his eventual death. I'd say Uber Gon is the 2nd strongest character we have seen in the series so far.
    Last edited by Netero; April 18, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Macho Gon, this is actually a really cool fan art! I'm interested in how the 2011 anime will animate this. NGL anime sooooOOooo can't wait.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love it if Gon were to look similar to Berserker in Fate/Zero. Berserker looks like an armored knight which doesn't really have much to do with Gon's transformed state, but the former has this really crazy black aura and watching him go berserk (lol) reminds me a little of the latter. As long as Madhouse can pull off the crazyness/savagery of Gon's transformation I'll be happy. The only thing I really dislike about the transformation's design is how Gon's kid clothes end up looking on his grown self. The short shorts... o_O

By the way, I recommend watching Fate/Zero. It's a prequel to the visual novel/manga/anime Fate/Stay Night, but you really don't have to watch the sequel since the studio wanted the anime to work as a standa-lone show at the same time. It's a great show with spectacular production values and a pretty interesting plot and characters.
    Last edited by Crude; April 18, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@TheAmericandream That is some beastly! fan art.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh yeaaaaa!! i completely forgot about post-nuke meruem. Im so dumb :P Yea id say he was stronger than Mega-Gon as well, because supposedly the more meruem eats or whatever the stronger he gets, which can be an endless cycle. Honestly im glad he went out with the rose because it would have been too cliche for some one to just powerup and beat him. Meruem was truly unbeatable at that point and the only way for him to go out would be the way he did. It still amazes me how futile netero's attacks were against him. He truly was a monster.

I wonder if all the zodiacs teamed up could they defeat meruem or post-nuke meruem, any thoughts on that?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how strong all of the Zodiacs are but going by Hisoka's rating Piyon, Kanzai, and Ginta individually were all below Illumi. So if all of them are roughly around the same level... I doubt even all them together would stand much of chance against Meryem. He was casually flying around blowing hills up lol.

I left Ging, and Pariston out because they're not part of the Zodiacs anymore.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh really, I have a friend into fate stay night, but the new series is a good jumping point for someone who wants to get into it? I'll give it a chance.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Truth be told I haven't even watched the original yet. A lot of people who played the visual novel seem to dislike the anime. I tried to play it but I couldn't install it properly .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    "Tragic Heroine Figure"?!!

No wonder the fans couldn't tell Kurapika's gender if the director saw him as a "Heroine" and not a "Hero"! And that explains having things like this:

This pic is pretty much the reason why I keep thinking Kurapika is a girl when I was watching the 1999 anime.But this only extend to the hunter arc because at the Yorknew arc, he seem to act more like a "guy".(a overly emo one)

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Togashi likes to troll. A staple of his work is androgynous characters. In YYH there is actually a fight in which Yusuke has to determine to gender of his opponent haha. I think Togashi views gender differently to most people. In his mind the walls of gender appear to be broken down, I find that to be an interesting aspect of his work.
    Sorry but I gotta disagree with you for this statement.Trying to figure out a character gender is frustrating.It's like the author couldn't decide what gender he/she want the character to be and it's up to us to intercept.It's not at all interesting,it's trolling.I still don't know Alluka's gender!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    This pic is pretty much the reason why I keep thinking Kurapika is a girl when I was watching the 1999 anime.But this only extend to the hunter arc because at the Yorknew arc, he seem to act more like a "guy".(a overly emo one)

Sorry but I gotta disagree with you for this statement.Trying to figure out a character gender is frustrating.It's like the author couldn't decide what gender he/she want the character to be and it's up to us to intercept.It's not at all interesting,it's trolling.I still don't know Alluka's gender!
    I think what Togashi is trying to say with these types of characters is that gender doesnt matter. If Alluka was outright stated as his little sister you'd think differently of the character than if outright stated as his little brother wouldn't you? Togashi doesn't want the viewer to think of the character as a gender, more as a person exclusively. With Alluka, I feel he makes it vague to not allow the viewer to judge the relationship between Alluka and Killua depending upon the gender, more upon the fact that they are siblings, it doesn't matter whether Alluka is a boy or girl. The same can be said for the majority of other gender ambiguous characters, Togashi generally uses that anbiguity to stop the viewer from judging the character based upon gender. Hope that makes sense. Every Togashi Troll has a purpose, if it didn't Hunter x Hunter would be a horribly repulsive manga.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I think what Togashi is trying to say with these types of characters is that gender doesnt matter. If Alluka was outright stated as his little sister you'd think differently of the character than if outright stated as his little brother wouldn't you? Togashi doesn't want the viewer to think of the character as a gender, more as a person exclusively. With Alluka, I feel he makes it vague to not allow the viewer to judge the relationship between Alluka and Killua depending upon the gender, more upon the fact that they are siblings, it doesn't matter whether Alluka is a boy or girl. The same can be said for the majority of other gender ambiguous characters, Togashi generally uses that anbiguity to stop the viewer from judging the character based upon gender. Hope that makes sense. Every Togashi Troll has a purpose, if it didn't Hunter x Hunter would be a horribly repulsive manga.

I don't judge a character by his/her gender but more of their personality and action.If Alluka was a girl or a guy,alluka impression on me wouldn't make much difference .Being a guy that is feminine,I can accept that.Or being a girl,it's absolutely fine with me.At the end of the day,Alluka's personality is the one that is important.I would prefer if togashi outright say his/her gender and focus more developing his/her bland personality.Because it feels like he is distracting the reader with the whole gender issue.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know Japanese?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast