Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Do you think Kishi will soon wrap NARUTO up ?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto IS Indeed wrapping up way too quickly ! :-S

14 15.38%
  • My Grandchildren will be W8ing on raws ! -___-

20 21.98%
  • naruto is Wrapping Up but it will take its time !

47 51.65%
  • Cheesecake!

20 21.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Kishi trying to wrap up Naruto?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OhDearMoshe's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many chapters are left?

Hmmnnn I think we shall see another time skip after this Akatsuki/Sasuke business concludes, then we shall have the conclusion with Danzo and Kabuto Naruto going on that thesis I think Naruto isnt going to end too soon, who knows, Only Kishi.

Spoiler: Jehuty's words of wisdom show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shinobi Sensei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Of course the one problem with something running too long is everything becomes repetative and lame.
    Yes, i agree, we dont need naruto turning into a InuYasha.

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    In a interview Kishimoto said that unlike One Piece, Naruto is soon to end. That probably means a couple of years or so. It has (probably) something to do with the new manga he said he plans to release after Naruto's end.
    I heard that too, but i tend not to believe mangakas and writers the like, cuz i have seem far too many say one thing and do another.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

"Naruto 2" Just started. plenty of chapters left im hoping he ends it witha round number like 450

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kyubisharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

well we cant say we know how many chapters are left. but there is probably still another 2 years before naruto ends. if anything, the real question should be "is naruto almost over", not how many chapters are left
    もし僕と別れたら、一番いい人と別れるから、よりいい人を選ばなくちゃいけない。
    まだ。。。日本語習ってる

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    In a interview Kishimoto said that unlike One Piece, Naruto is soon to end. That probably means a couple of years or so. It has (probably) something to do with the new manga he said he plans to release after Naruto's end.
    Where is this interview exactly? I haven't seen it myself, yet there are a few people who make reference to it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If he said that in an interview than I guess there isn't much time left... Like someone else said, Naruto isn't like One Piece. What appears to be the big conflict in One Piece (Blackbeard storyline) is happening without Luffy and his crew so far, so the story has been told very, very slowly and between or within arcs (it was even referred to in the Alabasta arc, when they were on Drum Island or whatever: the island's government was usurped by Blackbeard and crew). We don't even know what role Luffy's dad is going to play yet. Naruto on the other hand is a bit more direct in it's storytelling, and since the main characters are directly involved in the big conflict (looks to be Akatsuki v. Naruto v. Sasuke), it's moving along faster. The problem is that Sasuke isn't evil, so his death is unlikely, or at least drawn out. Therefore I can't see Akatsuki killing him, and Naruto definitely wouldn't. But if Akatsuki doesn't kill him then that means Sasuke kills Itachi... then what? What will he do then? It would be really lame if his rage were dispelled by Naruto >_> although the series has already shown a capacity for the lame (Gaara's resurrection; Naruto's "I'm the wind to his fire" quote).

If the series ends with Naruto becoming Hokage, it means that 1) Tsunade dies and 2) conflict with Sasuke and Akatsuki is tied up. That seems like a long time without a time skip and further explanation of Uchiha Madara is required as well... So I would say it certainly still needs some time. "Soon to end" sounds like it's really... well, "soon" though...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member matrice's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    This means at least a hundred more chapters. But I don't think that we should overestimate his judgement, because he couldn't possibly have already planned everything from now till the end. In two years might happen a lot of things, we shouldn't overestimate long-rage predictions. However in that time there is planty of time to develop anything that must be developed... He can develop a lot of arcs. I would like to remember that there are 26 volumes in the first part (the one before the timeskip) and in the second just 13 (we are in the 40th now -26 + the one of the kakashi gaiden + 13 = 40-). Considering that he fill every volume with nine chapters, I would say that the prevision of another hundred of chapters is quite probable (it means we are still in the middle of the second part).

Quote Quote:
    In a interview Kishimoto said that unlike One Piece, Naruto is soon to end
    Since I read One Piece too, I'm relieved... If "almost finished" means another couple of years I think it's not a bad thing... when I read the post I was scared thinking that you intended that the end was REALLY soon, like, I mean, months, but if we are talking of years I don't thinj it's so bad.
    Last edited by matrice; August 11, 2007 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firesoferebus666 View Post
    If the series ends with Naruto becoming Hokage, it means that 1) Tsunade dies and 2) conflict with Sasuke and Akatsuki is tied up. That seems like a long time without a time skip and further explanation of Uchiha Madara is required as well... So I would say it certainly still needs some time. "Soon to end" sounds like it's really... well, "soon" though...
    NO tsunade have not to be dead she can give the hokage title to naruto, like saruTOBI did it with the 4th

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... I personally would say maybe 1 and a half year, or 2 years tops. That would mean in about 80 to 110 chapters.

Well, I think I read somewhere that Kishi will end it without dragging the story more (pending on the legibility of the info). The reason why I think that way, Kishi has already revealed all the characters, and we don't have any single hint of a new enemy lurking behind the shadow anymore. Sure, once we say, how about the mystery of Madara? But as the latest revelations showed us, it seems that the mystery is now revealing itself.

We all know that Kishi is a fan of Akira Toriyama of Dragon Ball fame. Personally, the fall of the Dragon Ball franchise started with DBZ and later much worse in GT (although its worse is still commandable compared to many other titles), is because the enemy kept appearing one after another, without any significant links between the past events. Not that I say, we don't need new enemies appearing, but I think it is somehow an overkill to have that in every new arc.

That's just an example. Now, back to Naruto. The only arcs left for me are the Akatsuki arc and the final arc, which most probably be Naruto vs Sasuke again. So, not much left in Naruto in my view. Naruto is a popular series, but personally, Naurto would done well to end while it is hot, rather than to end because the fans shun away from it because the story gets too draggy.

Just my two cents.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the end of this manga coming really soon?

Looks like everything is going to an end, there are few akatsuki left, sasuke is this close to find itachi, if not the other way, pein goes in battle mode, uchiha madara makes his appeareance, i mean, if they told us the secrets of kakashi and some other few things theres is nothing left to know. what do you think? at most i give the manga 2 more volumes and thats it for naruto.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the end of this manga coming really soon?

Unfortunately, that might be the case. Let's just hope Kishi will come up with a new storyline quite different from current, maybe Naruto as a young adult/adult? Few will be dead and many original story characters up again in that new series. Yeah sounds cool, where Naruto isn't blur.

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member macherie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont mean to be rude or anything alike, but there is alreayd a thread similar to this in the Toshokan thread, maybe you should discuss this over there? =]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member silvermane's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

unlikely.... cuz after akatsuki... there are a few issues to tie up
    even if there are no more threats the ones we know of would be
    1. sasuke arc
    2. naruXhina/ naruXsaku
    3. the issue with the 9 tails
    4. kabuto
    5. yondaime's story / who is he ? what really happened or at least a gaiden
    seems to be at least another year or so to me... at least if there is no other arc that is....
    and it might head into another timeskip after the akatsuki arc.... cuz none of the characters are fully developed as yet anyway.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Reaver Reload's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as Shonen Jump, TV Tokyo and Kishimoto all collect a massive paycheque and maintain ratings, Naruto volumes will continue to be made.

The statue that they've been sealing all the Bijuu into will become the next monster villian of sorts =D

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OhDearMoshe's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget Danzo I'm sure that one isn't completely out of the window as of yet!

Spoiler: Jehuty's words of wisdom show

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast