Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: How would you rate the series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

1 10.00%

3 30.00%

6 60.00%
New Reply

Thread: Bio-Booster Armor Guyver by Yoshiki Takaya

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bio-Booster Armor Guyver by Yoshiki Takaya

The Series

It is about an alien device that latches onto the protagonist Sho Fukamachi and turns him into a living bio weapon. The Guyver itself is alive and it can create armaments from itself. He must defend himself against the evil Kronos corporation who want their Guyver back. Kronos have genetically engineered humans so that they can transform into monstrous forms at will. They want the Guyver because it is one of a kind and cannot be recreated.

Over time, Sho learns more about the Guyver and its abilities. The Guyver is virtually invulnerable with its only weak point being the Control Metal. With this part intact, it can rebuild the host from the data stored within. If this part is damaged, however, the host is eaten alive by the unit and perishes. This is disconcerting and Sho starts to question whether he will ever be free from the Guyver. The situation gradually gets worse with continuously more powerful Zoanoids appearing. This makes it increasingly difficult to protect his friends, who are not immortal.

As the story progresses it also takes a startling turn, in which the antagonist organization, Kronos, actually succeeds in taking over the world and reshaping it according to its ideals. The Guyvers are then labeled as a "vanguard of alien invaders".

The Author

Yoshiki Takaya (高屋 良樹 Takaya Yoshiki, born February 21, 1960) is a mangaka best known for creating the manga Guyver, which has been adapted into multiple anime features as well as live action films. Guyver was serialized in Shōnen Captain (published by Tokuma Shoten) for the lifetime of the magazine from 1985 to 1997. When Captain was cancelled, the manga moved to Shōnen Ace, published by Kadokawa Shoten, who also reprinted the collected volumes from the beginning. As of July 2006 there are 24 tankōbon available.

Takaya began however as an H manga artist under the pen name Morio Chimi (ちみもりを Chimi Moriwo), with several works printed in the adult manga magazine Lemon People, published by Kubo Shoten. The best known of these is Hades Project Zeorymer, which was adapted as a four episode OVA by AIC. He also had stories published in the manga anthology series Petit Apple Pie under this pen name.

Most of the raws can be found here. For English scans, you can read them online here.

Its one of my favorite series. The art and the story really improves after few chapters. Hope you will enjoy it .

RTS
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 02, 2010 at 02:36 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Bio-Booster Armor Guyver by Yoshiki Takaya

it is unfortunate the magaka is so freaking slow... i was a big fan but now the pacing is as slow as berserk...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Xenos3421's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Bio-Booster Armor Guyver by Yoshiki Takaya

It's worse then berserk.
    And that is saying something.

I actually have a fond place in my heart for Guyver- 16 years ago the OVA based on begining of the manga got me into anime with its campy voice dub and loveable gore; It's a great watch and read!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bio-Booster Armor Guyver by Yoshiki Takaya

Considering that he doesn't have any assistants helping him, I'd say he's doing great. Chapters are usually out on time on a monthly basis. With the exception of last month seeing that he fell ill.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Read chapter 174 few days back. A wonderful chapter. Richard Guyot is still alive and what was that form? Nothing we have seen before. Apollon appears again and was talking about being short on time for something scheduled. Could it be the creaters plan to come to Earth again? May be they plan to attack and Apollon is getting the crystals for that purpose.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ALASTOR's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Why nobody has yet uploaded chapters of Guyver ?
    I can upload the chinese chapters but i don't know how.
    If someone know chinese maybe can it translate the final chapters.

New Reply