Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: E3 2006

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: E3 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Khal
    Hermie has to tell me if this is correct or not ( because i'm lazy )

but

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ( the most and LONGEST anticipated game of the year, - and previous year - stfu with your so-called 2005 Q1 release - impatient Khallyboi here ) will be released on the same day as the Wii in TWO DIFFERENT INCARNATIONS -> a Wii version and a GameCube version. Yes! Now i only have to buy 1 game on the Wii's release day!!! :knk
    It is true and I already posted that:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index....54999#msg54999

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

No, i knew you posted that release date thingie, i meant the '"two versions" thingie ^^

vs. The World. 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hermie's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna write an extensive list of game impressions soon, but for now:

Wii gun shell, The Zapper!! (Duck Hunt anyone?)

And now.....

SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL!! WITH SOLID MOTHERFUCKIN' SNAKE!! WATCH THAT TRAILER NOW!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

If the system has Final Fantasy, that's the one I'm going for. I could care less about the system itself, it's the games/franchises I really go for ^^

That being said, didn't expect news on FFXIII so soon. AND an expanded version of Legends that includes more of the Marvel universe. Awesome.

But considering how expensive it'll be, I'll probably have to wait two years at least for the price to go down a bit. I'll be busy with graduate school anyway, so probably just as well.

Thanks for keeping us informed Hermie

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

E3!!!

So I just got back from E3. I was there both Thursday and Friday. I got to play with the Wii, the line was like 4 hours long, but it was worth it! Zelda is so kickass, everyone needs a Wii - no question. From what I've seen and played, that controller is seriously unbelievable. If I were Sony and Microsoft I'd be seriously worried, because the Wii is just going to OWN.

I played with the PS3 too, and Heavenly Sword is awesome stuff. The PS3 controller is just like the PS2 controller except the L2 and R2 buttons are now triggers - kind of like the xbox triggers in that they bend inward when you press them. I didn't try Warhawk for the motion sensor thing, because I wasn't really interested in that.

I also had a lot of fun playing Capcom's Okami. Anybody who has a PS2 should seriously look into this game - it's just so beautiful. I checked out God of War 2 but I didn't play because it looked like just more of the same and the originally was totally overrated anyways. Plus the line was a little big and my feet were hurting.

I played the new Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the DS, and that was really fun. After that I waited like 20 minutes on line to play New Super Mario Bros. on the DS, and they gave me a free DS Lite carrying case (even though the DS lite isn't released in the US yet - blatant marketing ploy by Nintendo). That case was too small to fit my regular DS.

Fun fun fun - I got some pictures, but I haven't decided if I want to post them yet.
    [size=12pt]<br />Want to give back to the community? Visit The Academy.[/size]

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: E3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinwei
    Fun fun fun - I got some pictures, but I haven't decided if I want to post them yet.
    Please do!! [br]Posted at: May 13, 2006, 07:55:22 PM_________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinwei
    So I just got back from E3. I was there both Thursday and Friday. I got to play with the Wii, the line was like 4 hours long, but it was worth it! Zelda is so kickass, everyone needs a Wii - no question. From what I've seen and played, that controller is seriously unbelievable. If I were Sony and Microsoft I'd be seriously worried, because the Wii is just going to OWN.
    Ah, thanks, you told me everything i wanted to know about it but one thing -> how will the controller react in the play-more-then-three-hours test? does it tire your arm to use it for a longer period?

EDIT: Also, i decided last year to get the Wii on release date, and after they announced Zelda for a launch title, i'll get that one ( and perhaps camelot's announced rpg, but i havn't checked which one that is yet - my info is about 8 months old )[br]Posted at: May 13, 2006, 07:57:51 PM_________________________________________________So, like always, Nintendo is there if you want to have fun ( in new ways ), Sony is there if you want to impress people with your new toy and xbox is there if you want a well-designed machine with a large amount of games available?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thanks, you told me everything i wanted to know about it but one thing -> how will the controller react in the play-more-then-three-hours test? does it tire your arm to use it for a longer period?
    I wish they let me play for more than three hours. I only got to play for like ~5 minutes with the huge line. Plus I was playing while standing up, and while standing up you really have to pay a lot more attention to handling it. I'd imagine that while you are sitting down, since your arm can be rested on your lap and the entire controller can be operated with just your wrist movements, you probably won't get tired at all. It's another story if you are going to play the Wii sports game, where instead of using the screen-controller sensor, they use the accelerometer sensor, which just detects how fast you are swinging it around.

So, like always, Nintendo is there if you want to have fun ( in new ways ), Sony is there if you want to impress people with your new toy and xbox is there if you want a well-designed machine with a large amount of games available?
    Well, Nintendo is there if you want to play Zelda, Mario, and Metroid. That and it's there if you don't have $400-$600 to blow on a new system. Sony is there if you want to play some hardcore action games like Devil May Cry, Heavenly Sword, God of War, etc. Also Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy. Microsoft is there if you want to play PC-style games on a console.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate you.

Quote Quote:
    So, like always, Nintendo is there if you want to have fun ( in new ways ), Sony is there if you want to impress people with your new toy and xbox is there if you want a well-designed machine with a large amount of games available?
    I've always seen it as the other way around for PS/XBOX, XB being the "hip and trendy" console, while PS has the big game library.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

the one face i couldn't make how hard i tried while watching this trailer =

were all easy ^^

wtf?! pit from kid icarus?? solid ( bad motherfucker ) snake?!?!?! wario ( the question mark here means "why wasn't he added earlier" ) ?! metaknight?!?!? kick...... ass.... w00t

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hermie
    I've always seen it as the other way around for PS/XBOX, XB being the "hip and trendy" console, while PS has the big game library.
    Well, personally i don't like all that much games for PS, while there are quite a lot on the xbox that i really wanted to see released on my signature console... but i guess that's mostly opinion anyway. most ps-games are just ones that one cannot play for a long time imo... ( as in: fighting and racing games get boring pretty quickly to me, even gta - though that's just one of the games that comes close to perfect - was something i couldn't stay into for a longer period of time... like i could with mario games, zelda and most notably pokemon and advance wars... )

conclusion: myself i prefer nintendo because they have a lot of games i like ( not per se the looks and often childish air, but the gameplay is just pure wootness ) and if there was no ninty i'd go the microsoft way ( people - hating windows is no reason to stay away from an xbox that's something like game-discrimination XD XD XD )

EDIT: People that aren't planning to buy a Wii because of it's current image, just play zelda at a friend's place when it is released before you decide which of the big three to go with ^^ ( unless you're a fanboy that is hopelessly in love with a certain type )
    -- that goes for the other two as well btw --

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally play PS2 a lot more than any other system, as the huge game library really lends itself to playing a lot. I'm a big Devil May Cry fan, a big Metal Gear Solid fan, and that's enough reason to keep me with playstation. As for the Xbox, I really like Ninja Gaiden, but other than that there's really no Xbox game that I really like to play. Halo is kind of fun when you are playing with people of equal skill levels, but it's not something that gets me too excited.

I own a PS2 (two, actually) and a Gamecube and a Nintendo DS, and I don't own an Xbox and I don't really want one.

Nintendo is just woot. I love Zelda. I love Metroid. 'nuff said. I love my Nintendo DS because it's the best handheld evar!

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget Zexyro suit Samus.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hermie
    Let's not forget Zexyro suit Samus.
    i actually didn't like how they added her ( fanservice ), because... two incarnations of the same character is just.... bleh
    ( link + young link / mario + dr mario )

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to get a Wii just for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption by itself, but Zelda and Smash Bros. Brawl? Man... even if I had to sell my big toe I would get it.

My priority for current gen consoles is:

PS2 > GameCube >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox

Next gen looks more like:

Wii > PS3 > Xbox 360

Handhelds:

Nintendo DS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSP

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

The new mario brothers game is awesome . I like it too

as for me, I just can't wait to get my hands on a wii

there are some games I want for xbox but if I wait long enough they will come out for pc, that i could deal with

ps3 and FF, when that comes out I'm sold
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast