Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2006

vs. The World. 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hermie's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

E3 2006

Alright, the annual E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) has started, and your friendly neighborhood Hermie is here to bring you the latest news!

First up: Sony's giant press conference.

For the most part, it was unveiling of different games for the PS3, including a ninja game that caught my eye

Then, it is unveiled that it will cost a whopping 499$ for 20GB version and 599 for 60GB!

Next, the most shocking event of them all.

The controller features motion sensoring, Wii style.

Read a summary of the press conference here

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: E3 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Hermie

Then, it is unveiled that it will cost a whopping 499$ for 20GB version and 599 for 60GB!
    That's not all (taken from joystiq)
    if you choose not to upgrade...

* You lose 40GB (20GB base vs. 60GB)
    * You lose HDMI output
    * You lose MemoryStick / SD / CompactFlash slots
    * You lose 802.11 b/g wireless

But yeah I like the "yugiou" style card game thingy as well as how the controller is motion sensored. The new FF has caught my eye as well.... but other than that not really that interesting . I'm looking forward to the wii though...
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Fantasy XIII!

Final Fantasy XIII isn't actually one game, but three! The main game on the PS3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, also on PS3, developed by the Kingdom Hearts team, and Final Fantasy XIII Agito for mobile phones.

First impressions

Screenshots

The trailer shown at E3

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Fantasy XIII!

Final Fantasy XIII isn't actually one game, but three! The main game on the PS3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, also on PS3, developed by the Kingdom Hearts team, and Final Fantasy XIII Agito for mobile phones.

First impressions

Screenshots

The trailer shown at E3
    I can't wait!!! It looks MUCH funner than FFXII... and that game has already taken 100 hours of my life...
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well i never expected that sony would copy nintendo this fast....its a little bit sad i can hear all the sony fanboys already "sony is so genius they made a motion sensetive controller"...eh look out for the the warhawk trailer if you want to see then motion sensoring of a ps3 trailer...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=mov&id=10420 its under the ff13 trailer

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

heavenly swords reminds me a lot of god of war but with less blood and a female hero xD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Man Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best of them all.
    Im Himmel keinen zweiten.My english is really bad.Building the Future and keeping the Past alive is one and the same thing. Solid Snakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Nintendo's press conference has started, updates will come as soon as they reach me. (even though I should be studying for my math test)

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destinator
    "sony is so genius they made a motion sensetive controller"
    Couldn't they wait until Nintendo's "oh so brilliant" innovation had at least passed the "play three hours without stop without tiring your arm" test? I wonder if this "future of gaming" will prove to be entertaining enough... ( on this aspect that is ).

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

"As for date and price, we think its best to keep those details quiet a little longer. You will play Wii in the fourth quarter of 2006."[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 12:48:30 AM_________________________________________________Twilight Princess--"It is by far the best Zelda game we have ever made, also the most beautiful." Zelda will launch alongside Wii. First look coming right now. Nate and Bill from NOA going to play Zelda on the Wii. Movement on Nunchuk. Weapons, items are mapped to d-pad on remote.
    [br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 12:53:54 AM_________________________________________________ When you shoot an arrow, you'll hear the bowstring twang at your ear from the speaker in the remote. Other developers also have a lot of ideas for how to use this speaker. There's a built-in rumble feature. Sony gave this up for their six-axis motion detection.

[note]it was announced a little while ago that the 'mote will have a speaker for gun shots, whip cracks, and such effects.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 12:57:01 AM_________________________________________________Link's iron boots return too, this time used in combination with magnets. They show Link using the iron boots and a magnetic ceiling to travel around a room.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    As for the PS3's new motion-sensitive controller? "We tried that five or six years ago with the Freestyle Pro," he said. "It worked well for a few games, but it wasn't a general purpose controller. It seems as though they were taking a page from Nintendo's book [in reference to the Wii's controller], but Nintendo is more innovative."
    Thanks for the compliment, mr microsoft representative ^^, you are very right
    ( though that first part is exactly the point where i am not that happy about the Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii's controller... )

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

"But can the system truly be new if all the names are the same? That's why we're working on new franchises," he says. ExciteTruck, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (a beat-'em up), and Disaster, which looks like an action game. [looks like Nintendo is taking the turn towards more bad-ass][br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:06:44 AM_________________________________________________Announced games for DS:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Team Rscue and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team.

Star Fox DS!

Yoshi's Island.

Big Brain Academy

Mario vs. DK: March of the Minis

Diddy Kong Racing.

TONY Hawk's Downhill Jam for DS. Has chat ofe Voice-over-IP in gameplay.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass. Picks up where Wind Waker left off. Use DS stylus to direct sailing and even the path of your boomerang.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:19:46 AM_________________________________________________The Wii will feature it's own version of the Opera browser.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:24:03 AM_________________________________________________Now he's talking about something called WiiConnect24. The console can be connected 24/7, allowing developers to push content to consoles even "while you are sleeping." Networking software is included in the hardware.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:26:12 AM_________________________________________________Wii Sports -- Includs tennis, baseball and golf in one package. Will be available on launch day.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:27:49 AM_________________________________________________Conference over.

Note that there will be no more than 27 playable Wii games on E3 tomorrow, so look forward to news on that.[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:42:37 AM_________________________________________________And here's the official trailer of Red Steel[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 01:47:03 AM_________________________________________________Microsoft press conference started[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 02:36:50 AM_________________________________________________New XBOX LIVE games:

Contra
    Frogger
    Pac-Man
    Sonic
    Time Pilot from Konomi
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat
    Rootbeer Tapper

Moore also announced that Lumines Live is coming to Xbox Live in a deal that includes Warner Brothers to bring live music videos behind the action. The example they showed was Madonna singing in the background.

Next-Gen games displayed included:

Lost Planet
    Table Tennis
    Mass Effect
    NHL 2K7
    F.E.A.R.
    Too Human
    Viva Pinata
    Moto GP 06
    Battle for Middle Earth 2
    Sonic Next-Gen
    Madden
    World Series Poker
    Saint's Row
    Smackdown[br]Posted at: May 10, 2006, 03:02:11 AM_________________________________________________Gotta run, more updates later.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Battle for Middle Earth 2 ? is there a keyboard/mouse for xbox ?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destinator
    Battle for Middle Earth 2 ? is there a keyboard/mouse for xbox ?
    Why would you need a keyboard/mouse for RTS games? Other consoles never had any problem with using only a controller...

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Team Rscue and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team.

Star Fox DS!

Yoshi's Island.

Big Brain Academy

Mario vs. DK: March of the Minis

Diddy Kong Racing.

TONY Hawk's Downhill Jam for DS. Has chat ofe Voice-over-IP in gameplay.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass. Picks up where Wind Waker left off. Use DS stylus to direct sailing and even the path of your boomerang.
    Of which most were announced a long time ago ^^[br]Posted at: May 09, 2006, 09:14:55 PM_________________________________________________Small correction, i believe the game was Yoshi's Island 2... but i could be mistaken ( i've watched a part of the conference )

RED STEEL looks just AWESOME... and i must admit the Wii tennis game looked quite nice, even though i was a bit skeptical at first. I wonder if people have enough space to multiplayer though... ( without breaking things in their livingroom )

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast