Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Israel and Palestine : A Never-ending drama

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Israel and Palestine : A Never-ending drama

That area will never have ever-lasting peace. I see that the tension there will erupt into all out war leading to WWIII.

(Please read from right to left.)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by segua
    That area will never have ever-lasting peace. I see that the tension there will erupt into all out war leading to WWIII.
    Quote Originally Posted by segua
    Agreed.

It is pretty obvious that both countries are wrong. The world decided to give Israel their own land without thinking about the people who already lived there. Arab countries attacked the newly formed israel and lost because Israel had the support of the world. Since then on many occasions Israel has encroached further on Arab land, if left unchecked I have no doubt that Israel would take all of Palestine without a second thought.

Arab terrorists attack Israel because it is the only thing that they can really do. You know, besides give up the rest of their homeland. Anyone looking at this has to remeber that one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. There are people all over the world wearing Che Guevara shirts right now, yet depending on who you ask he is a hero or a terrorist, same with Osama Bin Laden, same with Malcolm X.

Palestine doesn't have an army, so they have two choices. Fight back any way that they can (Terrorism). Or give up their land. Wait actually there is a third choice.... be exterminated.

For the people who said that the world should stay out of it... that may have been a viable solution 60 years ago. But now if the world were to turn a blind eye Israel would easily destroy Palestine. The U.S ships bombs to Isreal everyday.

Having an army doesn't make the actions of Israel any better then the actions of Palestine. Palestinians kill civilians with suicide bombs, Israel does it in an organized manner with tanks, machine guns and missles. Different approach same result.

I don't see any way for this to be resolved except a world war, and that war will hopefully wake up the entire world so peace can actually be reached afterwards. That or Mutually Assured Destruction where we all die. (Yay for nukes!)

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love what you wrote.

Both countries are at fault but I'm sure they will hate idealist lol.

Muslims fanatics seems to have blurred the lines between suicide and martyrdom. Suicide bombs have been known to kill innocent people from both sides. Suicide is when you take your own life regardless. Martyrdom is when someone else takes your life because of you hold dear to a principle and resist change/comprimise.

As for Israel, if the world left them alone, I'm pretty sure the Israeli government will try to push for a genocidal program to elminate all Palestinians there though the current government may not hold the same views or beliefs as some of it's citizens.

(Please read from right to left.)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

What many countries dont know is that both the palestines and the people of israel haved lived for years with each others and they managed to live together and that they sell to palestines guns and weapons to fight and also yeah i agree that both are wrong, but what about the new situation and the killing of innocent people in lebanon espically children.
    I believe that is the doing of the government and its army not the people themselves so what i think is that it is getting worse and yeah i also agree that there might be a WW3.

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me start this off by saying that this is just my opinion and that it isn't meant to offend anyone. I think that most of the wars in the world are caused over different religious beliefs.An example of this is the Israel-Palestine conflict. That is a conflict between the Islamic and the Jewish people. The same thing could be said about the USA war on terrorism. That, in my opinion is a conflict between Christianity and Islam. If poeple really want peace in this world thy should set aside their religious differences and then maybe a peaceful resolution could be reached. I am looking at this from a neutral point of view because my own country (South Africa) is not even involved in this war and i do not have a religion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Remus's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you guys and ladys now walk the right way. I have followed this debate for a long time now and I just want to throw in my few words.To talk about it you need to stay neutral in my case its appropriate because Im neither Muslim nor Christian Im an atheist studying everything in order so see what fits me best.
    First of all : The USA is on the israelic side. If you watched the current news you will have noticed that the USA used their VETO right in the UN debate about nuclear weapon inspection in Israel. I wont tell you why thats up to you. If you want to know about it inform yourself. Now about the history part. Israel never belonged to the Jews to put it straight ! Its not Israel vs. Palestinian its Jews vs Muslim. I know that you people always tried to avoid that in this discussion but thats simply it. Its not making it better to not tell the truth. And now back to the history part. This country and even more(whole north of Africa,etc) always belonged to the Osmanian Empire. Its longing back till ancient times. In WWI it ended with the defeat of the Osmanian Empire at the gates of Austria and the 14 Points of US President Wilson who was a wise men and tried to bring justice to all those who suffered in WWI for example Belgium is still Belgium because of that. (For info study the history ^^. )
    One of the 14 points said that every part of the area belonging to the Osmanian Empire is to be shared among the tribes. Now all tribes of the Osmanian Empire are Muslim. So you see the Jews never even where allowed to establish there. The Country always belonged to the Osmanian Empire this whole Jesus affair is very questionable because we have no evidences for whats said in the Bible nor have we evidences for whats standing in the Qoran.
    So I stick to what is said in books and we come to the WWII where Jews where slaughtered because of the thoughts of a tyrant who thought that some people deserve more rights than others. Back then as someone said the Jews where encouraged to establish in the South because they were neither liked in the West nor in the East in other words France/England or Russia. Im not going into detail. Thats where it all started. They established in Israel and today we see whats going on. You can make you own opinion about it. This is the truth I havent invented anything of it. Now its up to you to judge who is responsible in YOUR opinion. Do it for yourself. Taking the opinion of someone else just because he has better arguments isnt really good. If you got some more questions about history feel free to ask me and if I can explain I will try my best to satisfy your hunger ^_^
    Navy Officer on Duty | See Ya if I get the Chance | Back in Europe and Germany of course

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conan's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

very good post remus, I am glad there is someone neutral and knows the history, but if you know the history well could tell me your opinion about the following, the end of the osmanian emperor and the western take over of the middle east that happened with sykes and pico, the english and french man made a treaty and carved what was the osmanian empire into tiny bits and pieces that are today called the middle east, the arab israeli wars and the establishement of israel.

I will trust you will use historical facts on this, if there is more than one historical view about this, I hope you would mention it, and thanks again for your post.
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Remus's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conan
    very good post remus, I am glad there is someone neutral and knows the history, but if you know the history well could tell me your opinion about the following, the end of the osmanian emperor and the western take over of the middle east that happened with sykes and pico, the english and french man made a treaty and carved what was the osmanian empire into tiny bits and pieces that are today called the middle east, the arab israeli wars and the establishement of israel.

I will trust you will use historical facts on this, if there is more than one historical view about this, I hope you would mention it, and thanks again for your post.
    You get it right to the point, eh ? Well the crisis begins here as you already foreshadowed it. The control of a 3rd party in a country with 2 rivaling peoples. The Sykes-Picot-Agreement (the reason was to get arabic support against the osmanians) as you mentioned in my opinion started it. Its like colonies of the British empire. Sooner or later someone will question it or someone starts to think about it. The Russian Revolution in this point was the trigger when the secret agrreement was revealed and the arabs started to doubt the so called help of Great Britain and France. Other agreements were made and in the end the control more and more slipped out of the hand of the arabs because the European supporters created a jewish government under their control with the agreement that arabs are to keep their rights. But its very complicated on this point and I really dont want to get into detail because its no longer neutral. The thing you need to know is that the British government in the end lost control over the quickly growing jewish society in todays Israel and they drove the arabs away which had the same rights but werent allowed or supported when they wanted to return to what was their inhabitance. After WWII Great Britain turned away from past Palastina and Israel was founded under full jewish control. The UNO was supposed to distribute the country but after Great Britain left the jewish government no longer wanted their advice. Thats how it started. Im not that great of an analysis expert but thats a smal overview. Hope I got it in right chronological order. Corrections appreciated.

Hope thats what you wanted conan ^^
    Navy Officer on Duty | See Ya if I get the Chance | Back in Europe and Germany of course

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

yup thats all right to my knowledge and like you said its really hard to know what happened after Great Britain left the whole mess becuase it s hard to stay neutral, and really nasty stuff and really bad wars happened at that time, and if they open up the old files a bad smell is going to come out, which made the whole thing a thousand times worse, becuase if your not going to take reponsibility for your history and what you did, dont expect any quick solutions, and I am talking about both sides, any way thanks for clearing the history remus, you did a really good job.
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member amar_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enzomars
    Want a proof of Conspiracy ? Look what happened to Palestine.

I'll put it in other words. Image ( in the US ) Mexican imigrants buying land ( let say ) in Nebraska .
    * After 50 years they managed to acquire 30% of the land in Nebraska.
    * They built up a micro economy independant from the US (own agriculture and industry )
    * now they start gathering more and more powerfull weapons so they can " defend " themselves from rednecks bandits. * After that they claim that Nebraska is now "Neo Chicapaca" because 600 years ago their ancestors lived there and now they have the right to claim that Land as their own new country.
    * Now the US is fighting with those ex-imigrants to get Nebraska back , but Neochicapacan got way more powerfull weapons than the US now.

Anyway that's how i understand it but instead of
    US put Palestine
    Mexican imigrants put Jewish settlers
    Neo Chicapaca put Izrael
    600 years ago put 3000 years ago

Very dangerous topic ... but i'll have to say where i see the conspiracy.
    The jews knew from the beginning ( 1880 ) when they start buying land in Palestine , what they were up to.
    They wanted anough land to make a country. It took them 70 years but they finally did it ( in 1945 ) Jews owned
    30% of Palestinian land.
    But what we all forgot is that ... even if you buy lands in a country , you don't own that land (technically ) bcause you
    have to pay taxes for that land ( i don't know how it is in the US but in my country it's like that ) so you technically don't own that land to the point of claiming it is your country.

And that crap about ancestors living there 2000 years ago? West Poland once belonged to Germany ,
    West Ukraine once belonged to Poland , Alsace once belonged to Germany , The US once belonged to the Native americans ( Indians ?),
    Australia once belonged to the boomrang throwers (aborygenes?).... so what. That was years ago. But the Israel-Palestine conflict started 56 years ago ( + -)
    and we know who is historically wrong ... but we live in a different time , and we're too kind to say you're wrong get the
    hell out of there , that's why we want them to compromise :-)

Finding who's wrong was kinda easy ... but finding a solution is way more difficult.

That's my point of view and i'm from Europe. I'm open to other explanation of this problem
    But for now that's how i understand it.
    a very true analogy indeed.

Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

To tell the truth.... now Israel is a country officially in the minds of people or not.

there is nothing to do about it.

the only solution is for the people to accept it and for palestine and israel to treat each other with respect and forget about thier pasts and the past of the history of the land.

and also for palestien and israel to stop involving religion in thier causes because religion is a cause of Unity and Peace and never the other way around.

that's my personal opinion anyways..

lol just registered to say this... finialy I found a topic worth registering on MH for.... :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member amar_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roohani9
    To tell the truth.... now Israel is a country officially in the minds of people or not.

there is nothing to do about it.

the only solution is for the people to accept it and for palestine and israel to treat each other with respect and forget about thier pasts and the past of the history of the land.

and also for palestien and israel to stop involving religion in thier causes because religion is a cause of Unity and Peace and never the other way around.

that's my personal opinion anyways..

lol just registered to say this... finialy I found a topic worth registering on MH for.... :P
    I am sorry but I have to say that is quite naive, your telling people who lost everything they own, land houses ,farms, and their whole life style in just 50 years ago to just forget it, thats a bit stupid, I've already talked about what refugees went through, I agree that somethings should be forgotten, but to ask this much is just absolutely ridiculous, you cant step over history that simply, the people who made mistakes should take responsibility of what they did, lots of the people wronged are still alive, and if dead, their kids were most likely entrusted with their parents wishes, it hasn,t gone so far down the family line to be forgotten, dont you think.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I like the way a lot of you are taking this, from a historical perspective. So, after the Holocaust was through, we have millions of refugee Jews who are not wanted by most of the world; not necessarily because Jews are hated but think about it: who wants to accommodate millions of homeless, jobless people? So the United Nations split up what is now called Palestine and stick Israel in one half of the land. Naturally, the Arabs there are pissed off, they attack, and are crushed. Israel, being supported by one or 2 superpowers, is able to fend off constant attacks from belligerent Muslim nations. Essentially, they begin to be oppressive to the nations surrounding them. Hence, yes, both sides are wrong.

If you ask me who's stupidest in this issue, it was Europe. What in the hell were they thinking, making a nation in the middle of a volatile group of nations that would not accept a sovereign Jewish capital? The real solution should have been for a few countries to accept some Jewish refugees and incorporate them as citizens into their country; but as I said before, no one wanted to do that.

So what do we do now?

Some of you are saying we have to stay out of it. But, like Gold Knight nicely said before, this is never ending until one side is clearly the victor (and maybe not even then). How do you expect anyone to ever win, thus achieving peace, if no one takes sides? Without the support of the US, Israel would fight with some equality with the belligerent Arab nations, but it would never win. I feel like in a war like this, peace can't be achieved without someone stepping and crushing the other side. The catch is that after the war is won, you give rights back to the loser, and who knows if Israel would be OK with that.

That said, this whole issue is way too complex to be analyzed here. I'm not a scholar on this issue, just an observer. I think you'd need to ask people who really know what they're talking about.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 76trombones
    If you ask me who's stupidest in this issue, it was Europe. What in the hell were they thinking, making a nation in the middle of a volatile group of nations that would not accept a sovereign Jewish capital? The real solution should have been for a few countries to accept some Jewish refugees and incorporate them as citizens into their country; but as I said before, no one wanted to do that.
    I'll agree with you on that most mistakes were made by europe and the history records are still there recording that, I already mentioned the sykes and pico treaty with remus a few posts back
    Quote Originally Posted by 76trombones
    So what do we do now?

Some of you are saying we have to stay out of it. But, like Gold Knight nicely said before, this is never ending until one side is clearly the victor (and maybe not even then). How do you expect anyone to ever win, thus achieving peace, if no one takes sides? Without the support of the US, Israel would fight with some equality with the belligerent Arab nations, but it would never win. I feel like in a war like this, peace can't be achieved without someone stepping and crushing the other side. The catch is that after the war is won, you give rights back to the loser, and who knows if Israel would be OK with that.

That said, this whole issue is way too complex to be analyzed here. I'm not a scholar on this issue, just an observer. I think you'd need to ask people who really know what they're talking about.
    well I'd rather be more optimistic but your comments are somehow reasonable and realistic, but after saying that I dont know how people could blame the palestinians on taking arms to fight , lots of people although comment on the way they fight more than that they are fighting, as in make civillians a target and such.

well your comments are welcome as an observer, it is actually an issue that lacks attention.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast