Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Molokidan Thread~!

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molokidan's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Molokidan Thread~!

No, I speak Japanese with my Japanese parents. They can't speak English..haha...

That's cool. As for video games, I really pretty much only stick to older-gen games, like NES, Super NES, and stuff like that. SNES games are probably my favorite. I have a big collection of Japanese Super Famicom (SNES but in Japan) cartridges. I don't like the Final Fantasy games now, but I love the older ones. Same thing with Dragon Quest games.

How about you?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Lilium~'s Avatar
    Country
    British Antarctic Territory
    Post Thanks / Like

they can't speak english? that must've been hard when u just first came there then

the recent FF games suck but i like the old ones from PS1 alot. they're really good. i'm also a big FF-fan basically almost RPG games. i like shooting games too and driving games. but i prefer playing those in the arcade. oh and right now i'm addicted to guitar hero

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah....I have Guitar Hero II, which is incredibly addicting. I think my little bro's getting GH3 for christmas, so I'll be excited to check that out too.

Yeah, if you're a FF fan, you should check out Romancing SaGa 3 for SNES. It never came out to the states, but I'm pretty sure it got a fan translation somewhere on the net. It's very similar to FF fighting style and graphics, the only difference is the level-up system (It's similar to the sphere grid from FF10) and how the story is very open-ended. But it's a great game, I really recommend it.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like

how far are you on guitar hero? my friend introduced me to it a month ago. Ever since hten i've been constantly going to her house to play w/ it i still can't do hard. its tough to transfer to the orange buttons and i also hate the double buttons

sure i'll try that game. i need an SNES emu for it too right?

oh i've always wondered. ... how do 'breaks' work ther ein japan. their summer breaks seem so short. maybe its just time-skipping from the manga/ anime that made me confuse this though

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

on Guitar Hero 2, I beat it, and was working through getting 5-stars on all the songs. I was about 75% done with expert, and then I let my brother borrow my PS2 for a few weeks, and during that time he yanked the memory card out while it was saving by accident. So all my data got corrupted. I haven't touched the game since...it's just not worth doing all that work over again.

Yeah, you can get it on a SNES emu.

Well, Japanese schools differ with their schedules and stuff...but normally, the school year runs from mid-to-late April to February, at least in my experience. During summer, there's about a month and a half off. And then again around winter, there's another month-and-a-half off. And then in between school years most of March is off, and part of April. The breaks are rather sporadic. I had to go to school on Saturdays, and one time, we even had to go to an assembly on Sunday...

Country
    Post Thanks / Like

that sucks... I did that with my KH file. I turned it off while it was still saving. after that the file got corrupted and i had to start all over

you have 2 long breaks then. That's much better than just having 1 2 month break during the summer... dividing it makes the breaks seem longer
    >____> my cousins *who live in the philippines* have school on Saturdays too. They have their gym during the weekend some of them even have classes. But do you have to go to school regularly on Saturdays? or is that just sometimes?

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch, that sounds bad about your KH file.

Yeah, I guess the Japan breaks make you realize you have more time off. And it never really gets you out of the "groove" of school as far as sleep cycles, etc. go.

When I had school, we had it every Saturday, but it was only a half day. I imagine it differs between schools, though. And I never had to go to cram school, which is what second and third-years go to after real school to prep for exams.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like

i've seen alot of these 'cram' schools in anime/manga but what are they exactly... are they classes like test prep?

oh yeah remember the manga i asked you about? World Embryo? I just read it yesterday it's really good! How come it was dropped though...

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, basically cram schools are specialized seminars in material that will be necessary to score well on the exams. In other words, more focused than simple high school courses...it seems pretty intense, though.

I'm glad you like World Embryo!! Keep checking it out, because I think it's a wonderful series that only gets better with time. M7 dropped it due to lack of staff, as well as receiving a cease and desist from the publishing company to remove the chapters themselves from their website.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like

aww... its liscenced... i hope the scanlations will continue... i read uptil chap 16... furthest chapter so far?

so are there any weird food there in Japan? *i saw a show that showed a man who bull testicles in Japan once... *

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

The latest chapter in scanlation is 16, yes, but the latest raw is chapter 29, 30 should be out around New Year's.

Weird foods...hmm...I ate 'basashi' a few times, which is slices of raw horse. Tastes surprisingly good.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like

horse meat... hmmm i haven't tried horse before . It really off topic but... that reminds me of glue factories for some reason...

so world embryo is a monthly manga?

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, World Embryo is monthly, it runs in "YOUNG KING OURS," a more hardcore fan-oriented seinen manga mag that also ran stuff like Trigun Maximum, Hellsing, Geobreeders, Excel Saga, etc.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope the scan group will catch up to the current chaps soon

so whatcha doing for christmas?

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, hopefully they'll keep up their pace and we'll be at chapter 30 in no time.

For Christmas I went home to see my family. My little brother got a Wii, so it should be some fun times.

New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast