Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nell Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nell Discussion

Well ive really fallen in love with the character of Nell and i was just wondering about some points of what other people thought about her and whats to come form her such as

1.What does her released form look like
    2.What sort of menos is she vaso lordge etc.
    3,Will she turn back to cute nell once she has finished fighting
    4.If so will she be able to change to this form at will and or have any memorys of when she is in her hot form.
    5.Will she stay with Ichigo and Co.

I personly have no idea what her released form will look like her mask is just a skull with horns, so the only thing i could think of was like a ram, but thats kinda similar to the arrancar forget his name who's was a bull.

what does people think ?

any other questions people can think of ?

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member macherie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nell Discussion

Hmm i tend to like Nell too, must've been the character development we saw, when Kubo tried to make us all love her during her child form, too cute i say !

I think her released form may look more human than most releases, i can't see her releasing and turning into a more primal form like Grimmjow did.
    I'm unsure on what type of hollow she was in the past, but maybe we'll find out in the chapters to come, either that or it'll be disregarded.
    I have a feeling she will return to her child form so that Kubo has one less character to worry about, but i hope she doesn't, and in that same way i think she'll stick with Ichigo until they return to the real world.
    I'd think that she would keep her memories since they seemed to be surpressed until now, i dont think if she does turn into a child she'll forget. =]
    人きりの悲しみは何処に行けば消える
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i like baby nell better

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I like adult Neliel better, because when you do what Nel does as a hot woman, it's less generic. That, and she kinda kicks ass.

I predict that the flashback will show that she gave Nnoitra more trouble than the other Espadas.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i think nell was just placed there to give ichigo a fighting chance, kind of like the ss archive hanatarou was placed to heal ichigo after every battle.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

She was there for this one battle, and to give Nnoitra more character and a real fight, but she'll probably be more of an ally later on.

As for release, something Valkyrie related, I think.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

ye i really like the idea of a Valkryie idea that would be cool but i also agree that its not going to be something monstrous like the other espada

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Grimmjow wasn't monsterous. I think that if you're power level is high enough, maybe your release is humanoid.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OrangeRat's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Grimm was monster-esque, then.
    GREEN, Your death's colour is Green. Death of the mind. Your heart is isolated within your mind. You seek knowledge. You are very rare.

Others' lifes is your salvation. Listening to people's problems is your way to escape reality. You have an extraordinary wonderful soul, but this soul is carrying the whole world in its shoulders. With your understanding restless nature, you are constantly looking for answers. ~~I carry the whole world on my shoulders~~

My To-Draw List
    Spoiler show

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member macherie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah his release was a more primitive form than his current. I'm sure thought, Nell's will be more human than his.
    人きりの悲しみは何処に行けば消える
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    1.What does her released form look like
    2.What sort of menos is she vaso lordge etc.
    3,Will she turn back to cute nell once she has finished fighting
    4.If so will she be able to change to this form at will and or have any memorys of when she is in her hot form.
    5.Will she stay with Ichigo and Co.
    1. No idea
    2. Probably Adjuchas
    3. No
    4. -
    5. Probably (Ichigo's band already has 2 Shinigami (Renji, Rukia), a vizard (himself), a human (Orihime), a Quincy (Ishida), a human /w hollow powers (Chad), they still need an Arrancar )

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nell going to help Ichigo reach a new type of level in power?

I was thinking the other day about Nell's role. I mean yes the whole subplot of her and her subordinates having a problem with Szayel and Noitora, but I don't think that actually impacts the story a lot. She must have another purpose. I think she is going to be the one to help Ichigo go beyond arrancar and Vizard, into the perfect Shinigami-Hollow hybrid.

Now, we know that Ichigo became a Shinigami and the Hollow at the same time (When Urahara started to train him after he lost Rukia's power). So that means his body shares the power of both a shinigami and hollow. From that point, Ichigo has done the following:

-Embraced Shinigami powers and built on them
    -Reject the hollow for a while
    -When he saw he needed more power, he tried to forcefully control his inner hollow

Now, the point I am making is that I do not think he's going to get the same benefit from forcefully controlling the hollow. He got the full benefit of the shinigami by embracing and building on his shinigami which allowed him to reach bankai and master shunpo. For him to become even stronger than he is now, he's going to have to stop forcefully controlling his hollow and embrace it. He will have to work together with his inner hollow. It's already shown that no all hollows are totally evil because we have Nell, Pesshe and Dondo Chakka. This means that if he ever decides to cope and work with his hollow, it may be possible.

This is where Nell comes in. If Nell can teach Ichigo to build his power by embracing and accepting his hollow, then Ichigo can do wonders. Remember when Ulquiorra and Yammi first encountered Ichigo? When the hollow was trying to take over, Ulquiorra said that Ichigo's power was fluctuating down to very weak and up to stronger than Ulquiorra. If his power can, even for a second, become THAT high, then he can remain that high if he just harnesses it.

Ichigo has been training from the point of view of a shinigami this whole time and that's been good since he's mastered his shinigami ways. However, I think it's time for him to be trained from the point of view of a hollow/arrancar so he can fully understand his inner hollow.

My prediction on Ichigo's power will be this:

1st - Ichigo tries to understand his inner hollow, with help from Nell, and embraces his hollow power instead of trying to forcefully control it

2nd - Ichigo will learn how to perfectly mix his hollow powers and shinigami powers to make a single entity.

**The Vizards are just shinigami who are forcefully controlling hollow powers, but they are not mixing the two powers to make a perfect hybrid because they don't know how. Ichigo, however has Nell to help him understand how ^^

Okay, I'm done. Discuss.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nell going to help Ichigo reach a new type of level in power?

everything you said is basically pinpoint, but ichigo is pretty slow, and i wreckon this process of understanding and embracing the inner hollow rather than controlling it is gonna be a long drawn out process spanning over numerous chapters and flash backs. the only real question is where is nell gonna teach him this : hueco mondo? the real world? and what is the upgrade going to look like? ( lets face it we all know theres gonna be one he's the main character who has to kill aizen, and he's not gonna do it at his current lvl)

to me its just another generic anime trait of the protagonist in the story being the slowest to understand anything, let alone actually using his/her common sense to figure things out for themself and move the storyline forward.

Quote Quote:
    If Nell can teach Ichigo to build his power by embracing and accepting his hollow, then Ichigo can do wonders.
    your so right . hmmm.... ne 1 can tell that nell has been conveniently written into the storylineto help achieve this. much like yoruichi helping ichigo achieve bankai and afterwards didnt play much of a vital role afterwards......i guess now its nells turn .
    Who the Tobi am I?

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably. But if we get flashbacks, I don't really care. As long as hollow ichigo is coming back, I'm happy.

On your theory: It will happen, mark my words.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

HA this is stupid in another thread i made this exact same point, how ichigo should embrass his hollow and work with it, and i got shot down like a pigeon shot with a cruise missle. Everyone wanted a go at me, and now you make this thread and people are agreeing with you. I'm not happy.

But yea i agree, it will happen. He'll probably get a new mask or an addition to his mask.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast