Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Clannad

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Takuto's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Clannad

Title: Clannad
    Info: Tomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student who dislikes his life. However, Tomoya finds that his life is about to change when he meets Nagisa. Tomoya's mother Atsuko died when Tomoya was young, leaving his father Naoyuki to raise him. After the accident, Tomoya's father turned to alcohol and gambling, and held frequent fights with his son. One day, Naoyuki, again arguing with his son, slammed Tomoya against the wall, dislocating Tomoya's shoulder. Ever since then, his father has treated Tomoya nicely, but distantly, as if Tomoya and he were strangers rather than a family. This hurts Tomoya more than his previous relationship with his father, and the awkwardness of returning home leads Tomoya constantly to stay out all night. Additionally, the injury disables Tomoya from participating in his basketball club, and pushes him to distance himself from his school and other activities. Thus his delinquent life begins.

Did anyone watch the first episode that premiered this week? I thought it was great, looks like it's going to be a nice anime.

It's similar to Kanon and Air so if your a fan of those i suggest you give it a try

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clannad

I just watched episodes 1-3 look promising to say the least.

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I've taken quite a liking to Clannad, mostly because of the good quality of the animation, and the completely awesome characters. Even if the main character is definitely a clone of Yuuichi from Kanon, his sarcastic comments are still awesome

I'm afraid the hilarious beginning of the story will soon turn into a sadder setting, though, like in Kanon, but well, this should be great as well. Definitely one of my favorite fall series so far~

Dango Dango Dango Dango Dango Dai Kazoku~~

Edit : The rooftop scene in ep04 was just awesome Couldn't stop laughing

Art by 双瀬 聖

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member SkyKing's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the series is doing good so far. I was kind of hoping they would base it on Tomoyo route, but Nagisa is not bad too. http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...?title=Clannad <-- go check it out .

Code Geass addicted, omg, C.C. and Kallen are so HAWT!!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nakor BlueRider's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been missing that sarcastic wit since Kanon 06 so I'm definitely glad to see it back. (There's just too many harem anime where the main character is an annoying coward, eh?)

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schwindelmagier's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I've watched till episode 16 so far and have to admit that I really, really like this anime although I am actually not that fond of these "cute-face"-style.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Another one of my all time favorite anime, one that held my attention as well or better than many others. I'm not exactly a fan of bishoujo/moe but the characters were so deep and the story so touching the art style was almost incidental.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great emotional rollercoaster that made me LOL and cry my heart out while watching it. One of the best anime series that the anime world has to offer. I enjoyed every single episode of Clannad; in fact, it is one of my favorite anime series and it is the series my OTP comes from.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm a bit late but here I am watching the show.

Episode 1:

Okazaki: Seems like a nice guy with a sadistic nature.
    So he had a terrible loss which caused his dad to fall into a depression. Pretty harsh.

Nagisa: Sweet girl. :3 Her family is a blast too. They all seem so happy.

Sunohara: The comic relief guy? XD Awesome how he got thrown around by the Rugby guys. Seems like a very very funny guy.

Tomoyo: She is... strong... :O

Class Rep: Does she have a crush on Okazaki? It sure looks that way. :3

Some kind of supernatural powers are present too. Who is Nagisa talking too?

Can't wait to find out. :3

All in all a good starting episode. I hope this'll be an awesome ride.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; March 17, 2013 at 08:55 PM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I guess I'm a bit late but here I am watching the show.
    Yay!! I’m so happy to hear you’ve started watching Clannad.

Quote Quote:
    Episode 1:

Okazaki: Seems like a nice guy with a sadistic nature.
    Okazaki is awesome!!! He is a very interesting character.
    Quote Quote:
    So he had a terrible loss which caused his dad to fall into a depression. Pretty harsh.
    Okazaki’s life hasn’t been an easy one. But things will get better for him…

Quote Quote:
    Nagisa: Sweet girl. :3 Her family is a blast too. They all seem so happy.
    Nagisa is my favorite girl in this series; she is so sweet, kind, and caring. She is great! And her family is amazing!

Quote Quote:
    Sunohara: The comic relief guy? XD Awesome how he got rhrown around by the Rugby guys. Seems like a very very funny guy.
    Sunohara is another great character, his Tomoya’s best friend.

Quote Quote:
    Tomoyo: She is... strong... :O
    Tomoyo is very cool.

Quote Quote:
    Class Rep: Does she have a crush on Okazaki? It sure looks that way. :3

Quote Quote:
    Some kind of supernatural powers are present too. Who is Nagisa talking too?
    There are a lot of fantasy elements in this series…and about Nagisa...you'll find that out in episode 2.

Quote Quote:
    All in all a good starting episode. I hope this'll be an awesome ride.
    Glad to hear you liked the first ep. I can’t wait to read your comments about the rest of the episodes.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 17, 2013 at 09:03 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Okazaki is awesome!!! He is a very interesting character.
    It sure does look that way yes.

Quote Quote:
    Nagisa is my favorite girl in this series; she is so sweet, kind, and caring. She is great! And her family is amazing!
    She reminds me of someone... But I can't put my finger on it.

Quote Quote:
    Sunohara is another great character, his Tomoya’s best friend.
    They share an interesting bond... XD

Quote Quote:
    Now I'm curios... x'D

Episode 2:

Seems to me like Sunohara likes getting his ass kicked by Tomoyo. Very funny there was a hitcounter and even more awesome she has her own finishing move. XD
    Regarding what she sad... Do they know each other? Have the boys forgotton who she was?

Again very sweet moments between Tomoya and Nagisa. :3 They do act like a couple already...

Regarding Tomoya... Has he a radar for weird girls or something? Though I really think Fuuko is very cute and Ichinose seems like an airhead even though she is a genius.
    The class reps sister (I can't remember the name yet... Soooo long) is a special case too. But Tomoya did very well. Destroying her reputation as an act of revenge... xD

Last but not least... The situation between Tomoya and his father seems even worse than what I expected it to be. It even resulted with Tomoya being unable to play Basketball anymore... =/

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Episode 3:

Nagisas family is sooooo awesome... x'D

Tomoyas skills to find weird people are still amazing ... That being sad... The worker sounded completely like LBs Yousuke... And his name is very similar too... So thats where he went before he came back to school!

I can only repeat myself. Tomoya and Nagisa would make a great couple. They really care for each other.

One thing though... How often does Sunohara plan to get kicked around? This time by two girls... His life sucks... x'D

Incoming student council danger... I wonder how that will turn out...

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

Episode 4:

I really fear Sunohara won't be alive at the end of the show if this goes on... They even had to censor his face! x'D But nice chain combo.

I really though Nagisa would confess to Class Rep any minute... They had the mood and everything... x'D

Damn it. So Fuuko isn't just cute. She either isn't really Fuuko or she is a ghost and supernatural things are happening... Both would be acceptable though.

I feel really sorry for Tomoyo at the moment though... Getting harassed by Sunohara every day... Tough life.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; March 18, 2013 at 09:11 PM.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They share an interesting bond... XD
    And very strong as well.

I was planning to re-watch the series with you but you’re too fast for me.

Quote Quote:
    Episode 2:
    Regarding what she sad... Do they know each other? Have the boys forgotton who she was?
    What Tomoyo said? What did she say? I don’t remember…

Quote Quote:
    Again very sweet moments between Tomoya and Nagisa. :3 They do act like a couple already...
    I’m dying to say something in reply to that but I can’t…

Quote Quote:
    Regarding Tomoya... Has he a radar for weird girls or something? Though I really think Fuuko is very cute and Ichinose seems like an airhead even though she is a genius.
    The class reps sister (I can't remember the name yet... Soooo long) is a special case too. But Tomoya did very well. Destroying her reputation as an act of revenge... xD
    Fuuko reminds me of Kud-chan a great deal, they are very cute! And about Kyo..iirc, Tomoya said something about her being bi, right?

Quote Quote:
    Last but not least... The situation between Tomoya and his father seems even worse than what I expected it to be. It even resulted with Tomoya being unable to play Basketball anymore... =/
    That scene was very touching.

Quote Quote:
    And his name is very similar too... So thats where he went before he came back to school!
    LOL! And maybe they share the same seiyuu.

Quote Quote:
    I can only repeat myself. Tomoya and Nagisa would make a great couple. They really care for each other.
    Must be strong and resist the temptation to fully reply to that comment. img] http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/crazy-monkey/crazy-monkey-emoticon-144.gif[/img] I’ll only say, that yeah, they are so adorable together.
    Quote Quote:
    Episode 4:
    I really though Nagisa would confess to Class Rep any minute... They had the mood and everything... x'D
    That scene is priceless!

Quote Quote:
    I feel really sorry for Tomoyo at the moment though... Getting harassed by Sunohara every day... Tough life.
    I don’t remember why Sunohara was running after Tomoya the whole day…was it because he wanted for Tomoya to play basketball? And did you see what Tomoya did to stop Sunohara from harassing him? ^^

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I was planning to re-watch the series with you but you’re too fast for me.
    I'm sorry but if a show has catched my attention I can't stop myself from watching.

Quote Quote:
    What Tomoyo said? What did she say? I don’t remember…
    She said regarding those two (Tomoya and Sunohara) it brings back memories.

Quote Quote:
    Fuuko reminds me of Kud-chan a great deal, they are very cute! And about Kyo..iirc, Tomoya said something about her being bi, right?
    Indeed. And I really like her storyarc so far. x)

Yes he did... It was awesome... x'D

Quote Quote:
    LOL! And maybe they share the same seiyuu.
    Yes they do. I looked it up.
    Pretty awesome. x'D

Quote Quote:
    I don’t remember why Sunohara was running after Tomoya the whole day…was it because he wanted for Tomoya to play basketball? And did you see what Tomoya did to stop Sunohara from harassing him? ^^
    No I meant her not him. Why did they give Tomoya and Tomoyo such similar names...

Episode 5:

First of all: LOL
    I really couldn't stop laughing while Tomoya played that prank... Fuu-chans reaction was priceless... x'D
    All in all a very funny and lighthearted episode. It's awesome how the gang cared for Fuu-chan. As of now I think Fuu-chan (?) is existing because of her desire to help her sister or something like that.

Nagisas mother really looks like she could be a teacher. She and her daughter are very alike.

On a side note... Not on episode without Sunohara being beaten... I'd say poor guy but he really is asking for it...

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but if a show has catched my attention I can't stop myself from watching.
    Then that means you’re really having fun watching Clannad. Yay!

Quote Quote:
    She said regarding those two (Tomoya and Sunohara) it brings back memories.
    Ahhh…well…there is a reason why she said that and it has to do with her past.

Quote Quote:
    Yes they do. I looked it up.
    Pretty awesome. x'D
    Awesome indeed!

Quote Quote:
    No I meant her not him. Why did they give Tomoya and Tomoyo such similar names...
    Oops! My bad. ^^

Quote Quote:
    Episode 5:

First of all: LOL
    I really couldn't stop laughing while Tomoya played that prank... Fuu-chans reaction was priceless... x'D
    The drinking straw prank?

Quote Quote:
    As of now I think Fuu-chan (?) is existing because of her desire to help her sister or something like that.
    You are on the right track…

Quote Quote:
    Nagisas mother really looks like she could be a teacher. She and her daughter are very alike.
    Sanae is a teacher and yes, they are very similar.

Quote Quote:
    On a side note... Not on episode without Sunohara being beaten... I'd say poor guy but he really is asking for it...
    Poor Sunohara indeed!

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Then that means you’re really having fun watching Clannad. Yay!
    I really do.

Quote Quote:
    Ahhh…well…there is a reason why she said that and it has to do with her past.
    I'm looking forward to the answer.

Quote Quote:
    The drinking straw prank?
    That too. But I mean the one where Tomoya waited till Fuu-chan came back from her starfish-mode and let Class-Rep tell her he became a girl now... XD

Episode 6:

Fuu-chans starfish-mode is terrifying. But as Tomoya said... The anime-version would be a very bad story...
    Tomoya being so straight-forward really is awesome. He made Sanae cry twice... XD How bad is she as a bakeress?!
    Seeing how hard Fuu-chan works to accomplish her goal is really inspiring. What a good girl. :3
    But then it got sad again... Her sister is the only one who can't see her at the moment? That is so sad... :'( I wonder why...

And the final part belongs to Sunohara again... I feared the episode would end without him getting kicked around. Good Tomo-kuma appeared and kicked him out of the nearby window.
    Best running gag I've seen for a while... XD
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added March 20, 2013 at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was March 19, 2013 at 04:48 AM ----------

Episode 7:

"Tomoya is now a Fuuko-Master"... LOL!
    And I got see something new too. This time Sunohara was beaten with a wooden starfish... How nice... x'D
    Ichinose was a blast too. I hope she gets more screentime in the future... Her airheadness is awesome.

The rest was rather sad and almost heartbreaking... First Ibuki-sensei not noticing Fuu-chan at all... And after tthat... Everyone is forgetting her... :'(
    Even Tomoya had to cry a bit that Fuu-chans real body may never wake up again... It was really heartbreaking to see Nagisa cry like that...

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Episode 8:

I have to say this story does have a lot of impact. It really isn't like LB were they scratch on the surface... This story about Fuu-chan is so touching I already have teary eyes. It was so heartbreaking every time somebody forgot her. Even more because she still tried so hard to give away her wooden star fishs... The end was very painful... To see Sanae cry because she tried so hard to keep Fuu-chan in her mind... :'(

I wonder why everyone is forgetting her after they saw Fuu-chan in the hospital? What kind of ghost is she?

On a side note... It's been a while since I've seen the little girl in the "dead world". I do wonder how she is getting along with her robot-friend at the moment...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; March 19, 2013 at 06:48 PM.

29. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast