Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74

Thread: Clannad

  1. #16
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    That too. But I mean the one where Tomoya waited till Fuu-chan came back from her starfish-mode and let Class-Rep tell her he became a girl now... XD
    I don’t remember that prank…I might need to watch the episode again. ^^

    Quote Quote:
    Episode 6:

    Fuu-chans starfish-mode is terrifying. But as Tomoya said... The anime-version would be a very bad story...
    Did you already watch the Starfish vs. Dango battle?


    Quote Quote:
    Tomoya being so straight-forward really is awesome. He made Sanae cry twice... XD How bad is she as a bakeress?!
    Sanae is not very good. Nagisa’s dad is the real baker. Btw, Nagisa’s parents relationship is amazing!

    Quote Quote:
    Ichinose was a blast too. I hope she gets more screentime in the future... Her airheadness is awesome.
    Kotomi is very cute and sweet and her arc is one of my favorite arcs in this series.

    Quote Quote:
    Even Tomoya had to cry a bit that Fuu-chans real body may never wake up again... It was really heartbreaking to see Nagisa cry like that...
    Nagisa and Tomoya really care about Fuko-chan and there is a scene where they look like a family with Fuko taking the role of their daughter. .

    Quote Quote:
    Episode 8:

    I have to say this story does have a lot of impact. It really isn't like LB were they scratch on the surface...
    So now you can finally understand my frustration with JC staff and with how some LB episodes were done. Clannad is such a masterpiece and KyoAni did such an outstanding job that it was impossible for me not to expect greater things from JC staff and LB.

    Quote Quote:
    This story about Fuu-chan is so touching I already have teary eyes. It was so heartbreaking every time somebody forgot her. Even more because she still tried so hard to give away her wooden star fishs... The end was very painful... To see Sanae cry because she tried so hard to keep Fuu-chan in her mind... :'(
    And keep in mind that this is only the first arc…Clannad is a rollercoaster of emotions so get ready for it! A beautiful rollercoaster that takes you from laughing out loud to crying your heart out.

    Quote Quote:
    I wonder why everyone is forgetting her after they saw Fuu-chan in the hospital? What kind of ghost is she?
    She is not a ghost…because Fuko-chan is alive, she is in comma.

    Quote Quote:
    On a side note... It's been a while since I've seen the little girl in the "dead world". I do wonder how she is getting along with her robot-friend at the moment...
    Those moment won’t make sense now but they are extremely important later in the story so do pay attention to those moments.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #17
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I don’t remember that prank…I might need to watch the episode again. ^^
    It was really awesome. Very very funny. x)


    Quote Quote:
    Did you already watch the Starfish vs. Dango battle?
    Yes. x'D


    Quote Quote:
    Sanae is not very good. Nagisa’s dad is the real baker. Btw, Nagisa’s parents relationship is amazing!
    I agree. Nagisas father is a funny guy though... Whats with him and his baseball bat? XD


    Quote Quote:
    Kotomi is very cute and sweet and her arc is one of my favorite arcs in this series.
    I guess it's the next one. At least it looked that way.


    Quote Quote:
    Nagisa and Tomoya really care about Fuko-chan and there is a scene where they look like a family with Fuko taking the role of their daughter. .
    Yeah. Nagisa and Tomoya already look like a couple. Adding Fuu-chan they are a happy little family.


    Quote Quote:
    So now you can finally understand my frustration with JC staff and with how some LB episodes were done. Clannad is such a masterpiece and KyoAni did such an outstanding job that it was impossible for me not to expect greater things from JC staff and LB.
    I can understand that better now yes. They gave the characters a lot of depth. I like that.


    Quote Quote:
    And keep in mind that this is only the first arc…Clannad is a rollercoaster of emotions so get ready for it! A beautiful rollercoaster that takes you from laughing out loud to crying your heart out.
    I keep that in mind. :')


    Quote Quote:
    Those moment won’t make sense now but they are extremely important later in the story so do pay attention to those moments.
    Roger that.

    Episode 9:

    I was already sad at first when even Nagisa and Tomoya had forgotten Fuu-chan... How could they forget such a cute girl I thought... The celebration they had the night before was so sweet and cute... Fuu-chan...

    Then the wedding came... And after Ibiko-sensei could finally see Fuuko-chan I couldn't hold it in anymore. Now I get why I should have a tissue box with me while watching... The whole process repeated after Tomoya saw Fuuko asking him to be her friend in his dream... So many tears of joy and this was only the first arc... T.T

    ---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

    Episode 10:

    I'm still a bit sad because of Fuu-chan but I just had to continue... :3

    Nagisa and Tomoya should just admit they are a couple... There is no way anyone could deny it... XD
    But if I got this right... Kyou and Ryou do like Tomoya don't they? This guy sure is lucky...

    Kotomi... :'D The introduction joke was priceless... "Hello Tomoya-kun" x'D and asking everyone if they are bullies... So adorable... :3

    And finally Youhei got kicked around again... I kinda missed it.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #18
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post

    I agree. Nagisas father is a funny guy though... Whats with him and his baseball bat? XD
    He loves baseball!

    Quote Quote:
    I guess it's the next one. At least it looked that way.
    I don’t remember if it comes after the Fuko arc but it is an awesome arc.

    Quote Quote:
    Yeah. Nagisa and Tomoya already look like a couple. Adding Fuu-chan they are a happy little family.
    I love Nagisa x Tomoya , they are perfect together!!

    Quote Quote:
    I can understand that better now yes. They gave the characters a lot of depth. I like that.
    They did a brilliant job adapting the VN.

    Quote Quote:
    Episode 9:
    Then the wedding came... And after Ibiko-sensei could finally see Fuuko-chan I couldn't hold it in anymore. Now I get why I should have a tissue box with me while watching... The whole process repeated after Tomoya saw Fuuko asking him to be her friend in his dream... So many tears of joy and this was only the first arc... T.T
    Yep, keep a tissue box near you when watching Clannad; that is the rule when watching this anime.

    Quote Quote:
    Episode 10:
    Nagisa and Tomoya should just admit they are a couple... There is no way anyone could deny it... XD
    I want to say something but I’ll wait until it is right for me to say it.

    Quote Quote:
    But if I got this right... Kyou and Ryou do like Tomoya don't they? This guy sure is lucky...
    How can a girl not like Tomoya? He is awesome!!

    Quote Quote:
    Kotomi... :'D The introduction joke was priceless... "Hello Tomoya-kun" x'D and asking everyone if they are bullies... So adorable... :3
    Kotomi is super, super, super cute!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #19
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I don’t remember if it comes after the Fuko arc but it is an awesome arc.
    It does.^^


    Quote Quote:
    I love Nagisa x Tomoya , they are perfect together!!
    I agree.


    Quote Quote:
    Yep, keep a tissue box near you when watching Clannad; that is the rule when watching this anime.
    I really should...


    Quote Quote:
    How can a girl not like Tomoya? He is awesome!!

    Well if you say so.


    Quote Quote:
    Kotomi is super, super, super cute!
    Damn yes.


    Episode 11:

    I really miss Fuuko... Maybe because I watched nearly her whole arc at once it left a deep impact. Never experienced that kind of attachment before. Her story really hit me hard I guess... :O

    However...

    Violin recital... Casualities: 2 humans and 2 pets... May their sacrifice never be forgotten!

    Kotomis gags are super awesome... I don't understand why Tomoya doesn't like them
    And Kotomi-chan has fallen for him completely... So adorable... :3
    But I wonder what she ment with the deer... the rabbit... and him...
    That aside... Tomoyas dream was very disturbing... XD

    So the dorm lady was a former student council president...? Regarding how she scares the rugby team she really must've been legendary... XD

    I wonder who that man was who scared Kotomi... I guess I'll find out soon.

    ---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

    Episode 12:

    Very interesting episode.
    I already figured something happened to Kotomis parents... Still it was painful to see her breaking down like this.
    Another girl with a shocking backstory. ..
    She and Tomoya knew each other. Why has he forgotten? Why has Kotomi forgotten (or hasn't she?) ? Many questions...
    I guess the hidden world is another dimension. So I guess her parents were researching the multiverse theory and found it? Is the hidden world the one were the little girl lives? (I still wonder why that girl looks like it could be the child of Nagisa and Tomoya...)
    I can't wait to watch the next one.

    On a side note... Fuu-chans appearence was totally random and sooo like her... She hasn't lost her character at all. But why is she able to do that? o__O
    I guess it was supposed to be funny (and it was. I missed her sooooooo much. :'( ) but it left me sitting there with a lot of question marks on my face.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; March 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #20
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 11:

    I really miss Fuuko... Maybe because I watched nearly her whole arc at once it left a deep impact. Never experienced that kind of attachment before. Her story really hit me hard I guess... :O
    While I did enjoy all of Clannad’s arcs, the one that touched my heart the most during the first season was Kotomi’s arc. I cried my heart out during the last episode of that arc. I even re-watched it with my mom and we were both crying at the end of the episode. Kotomi’s arc has a very special place in my heart.

    Quote Quote:
    However...

    Violin recital... Casualities: 2 humans and 2 pets... May their sacrifice never be forgotten!
    LOL! Kotomi is lethal with a violin!

    Quote Quote:
    Kotomis gags are super awesome... I don't understand why Tomoya doesn't like them
    My favorite is Kotomi’s bon-n-jour. It was so adorable and funny at the same time.

    Quote Quote:
    So the dorm lady was a former student council president...? Regarding how she scares the rugby team she really must've been legendary... XD
    Her arc is very touching and cool as well. ^_^

    Quote Quote:
    I guess the hidden world is another dimension. So I guess her parents were researching the multiverse theory and found it? Is the hidden world the one were the little girl lives? (I still wonder why that girl looks like it could be the child of Nagisa and Tomoya...)
    I can't wait to watch the next one.
    Wow! You are very perceptive. I can’t say much without spoiling you, I’ll just say …you are doing a great job understanding this anime.

    Quote Quote:
    But why is she able to do that? o__O
    I guess it was supposed to be funny (and it was. I missed her sooooooo much. :'( ) but it left me sitting there with a lot of question marks on my face.
    One of Fuko-chan’s powers is appearing and disappearing at will so she’ll keep appearing during the anime, it won’t be the last time you’ll see her.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  10. #21
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I cried my heart out during the last episode of that arc. I even re-watched it with my mom and we were both crying at the end of the episode. Kotomi’s arc has a very special place in my heart.
    That sounds like I need to get my tissue box ready.


    Quote Quote:
    LOL! Kotomi is lethal with a violin!
    At the moment I'm very impressed how they give everything a special meaning. Like the violin or even the apple pie. No character trait is there without a reason. This is outstanding story telling.


    Quote Quote:
    My favorite is Kotomi’s bon-n-jour. It was so adorable and funny at the same time.
    I agree. And I eally love how she tried to be more funny... x'D


    Quote Quote:
    Wow! You are very perceptive. I can’t say much without spoiling you, I’ll just say …you are doing a great job understanding this anime.
    Thank you very much. ^__^


    Quote Quote:
    One of Fuko-chan’s powers is appearing and disappearing at will so she’ll keep appearing during the anime, it won’t be the last time you’ll see her.
    That is quite the power... I love to see more of her starfish cuteness...


    Episode 13:

    Again they connected everything very well. Like the "scary" man... Why she lives alone... Why she is bare feet. It was a very heavy backstory yet again. Losing her parents and being told that on the own birthday... On top of that Kotomi thinks it was her fault they "left" her... No wonder she is like she is... :'(

    Tomoya proofs again he is an awesome guy and that he has amazing friends who do everything for each other.
    I do wonder though we he hasn't appeared on her birthday at that time...

    ---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

    Episode 14:

    Damn... Now I see what you meant destiny... This was very very very touching...

    Now I get why Kotomi hugged Tomoyo while dressing as a bear... I can only repeat myself but this is really outstanding story telling.
    I was so touched while she opened the suitcase and found the bear inside. This was so beautiful... :')
    She even welcomed her parents home... T___T Kotomi you're such a good girl... x')
    What is even more impressing is the background music. They created an awesome atmosphere with every piece.

    But on a sidenote... I noticed the lights... Thy looked a bit like the ones in the hidden world. I do have a theory what that world is... But I will wait and see if I'm right.

    ---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

    Episode 15:

    I don't want Nagisa to give up because of the choir club.. =/ But still she has a point... After all she has no real members...

    Fuukos randomness... This is so refreshing... :'D

    Tomoya is really awesome. Keeping up a straight face while telling Nagisa that Youhei is gay... x'D Damn they are both so awesome together... And Youhei totally played along without knowing... Hahahahaha

    Though I'm impressed. Youhei was really stubborn with the basketball... He even had one instead of a meal! XD

    And in the end his sister appeared... This will be funny.

    I wonder if the little robot is someone I already know... Hmm...

    ---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

    Episode 16:

    That was a fun short arc. They showed great teamwork while playing basketball... I'm very happy Tomoya could score ones.
    Kyou is awesome though... But well she does throw dictionaries like canon balls after all...

    Funny that Kyou has her own fanclub too... XD

    Might Tomoya be the first one in the history of romcom anime who is NOT dense? He noticed how Ryou was looking at him no doubt about it... :O

    But I feel sorry for Youhei... He as a lilttle sister complex and Mei only cared about Tomoya and the rest for the most time... She was sooooo teasing him... xD
    I had to laugh very hard when the ran away and he slipped...

    ---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

    Episode 17:
    Haha so even charms work in this world... XD I don't now if it was really necessary to state the obvious though... It was very clear to me that even Kyou is in love with Tomoya. It wasn't really needed...

    They really are good at connecting things. They prepared the following Tomoyo-arc very well. She is very funny too though. Keeping the straight face no matter what she is doing... Even while finding Youheis dirty magazines or kicking him to a pulp... XD
    She is very serious about becoming the next student council president... And it's very much like Tomoya to intervene and save her from any kind of concequences. regarding the delinquients.. =/

    But talking about funny... I've really never seen anything as random as Fuukos appearences...

    ---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

    Episode 18:

    Haha... They really made every girl lose in a second. I guess it wasn't that hard for Tomoyo and Kotomi because the first has only started to develop feelings and the latter is an adorable airhead. But it was hard so see the two sisters cry because they loved him for a long time now... =/

    Incredible thing though. The moment Nagisa came back every other girl looked a bit dark while she shined the brightest.
    Tomoya has totally fallen for her.

    Under normal circumstances I'd feel sorry for Tomoya but no. Just no... So many girls fawning over him, even making him lots of food and he doesn't seem so happy about it... Well I have to say I'd be scared too if I had to eat Fuukos starfish food... :O How does she even cook?! XD

    The arc finished rather quick... Tomoyos backstory was sad but regarding to Fuukos and Kotomis it seemed rather "normal".
    She is the student council president now so she reached her goal...
    Looking at the preview it is time to fix the relationship between Tomoya and his father.

    ---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

    Episode 19:

    So Nagisas mother really was a teacher. Interesting, interesting.

    Tomoya and Nagisa act even more like a couple now. :3
    And I was wrong. I thought now is the time for a Tomoya arc... But instead they used the chance of him living with Nagisas family to start the Nagisa-arc... Not bad.
    I bet the play she wants to do has something to do with her past as well.

    Which brings me to the little girl... Nearly every important girl has an unusual hair color. Nagisa is the only one with normal hair... I'd normally say those are design preferences but I doubt the little girl looks so much like Nagisa without reason... I could be totally wrong though.
    But why show her in the hidden world directly after Nagisa said something about her past?

    I'd feel sorry for Youhei btw if wasn't asking to get beaten up that hard...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; March 23, 2013 at 01:32 PM.

  11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #22
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    At the moment I'm very impressed how they give everything a special meaning. Like the violin or even the apple pie. No character trait is there without a reason. This is outstanding story telling.
    Apple pie? I don’t remember an apple pie…

    Quote Quote:
    Episode 13:
    Why she is bare feet.
    I don’t remember the reason behind that…what is the reason?

    Quote Quote:
    It was a very heavy backstory yet again. Losing her parents and being told that on the own birthday... On top of that Kotomi thinks it was her fault they "left" her... No wonder she is like she is... :'(
    Kotomi-chan’s story broke my heart.

    Quote Quote:
    Tomoya proofs again he is an awesome guy and that he has amazing friends who do everything for each other.
    Tomoya is amazing!! I love him!

    Quote Quote:
    Episode 14:

    Damn... Now I see what you meant destiny... This was very very very touching...
    It is! It is extremely moving.

    Quote Quote:
    Now I get why Kotomi hugged Tomoyo while dressing as a bear... I can only repeat myself but this is really outstanding story telling.
    Clannad is incredible! I’m a huge Clannad fan. Sadly, LB failed to become as amazing as Clannad.

    Quote Quote:
    I was so touched while she opened the suitcase and found the bear inside. This was so beautiful... :')
    ITA! That part was my favorite part of the whole arc.

    Quote Quote:
    What is even more impressing is the background music. They created an awesome atmosphere with every piece.
    Clannad’s OST is one of the best!

    Quote Quote:
    But on a sidenote... I noticed the lights... Thy looked a bit like the ones in the hidden world. I do have a theory what that world is... But I will wait and see if I'm right.
    I’m curious…would you mind sharing your theory with me, please?

    Quote Quote:
    Tomoya is really awesome. Keeping up a straight face while telling Nagisa that Youhei is gay... x'D Damn they are both so awesome together... And Youhei totally played along without knowing... Hahahahaha
    One of the greatest scenes in Clannad. ^_^



    I love how Nagisa tries to protect Tomoya, she is so cute.

    Quote Quote:
    I wonder if the little robot is someone I already know... Hmm...
    Your insight is really amazing!!

    Quote Quote:
    That was a fun short arc. They showed great teamwork while playing basketball... I'm very happy Tomoya could score ones.
    My favorite part of that episode is the one where Tomoya has practically given up and then Nagisa comes into the picture to cheer him up and he goes and scores the game-winning basket.

    Quote Quote:
    Episode 17:
    Haha so even charms work in this world... XD I don't now if it was really necessary to state the obvious though... It was very clear to me that even Kyou is in love with Tomoya. It wasn't really needed...
    Well…it was also to show us that Tomoya was really missing Nagisa and that he only had eyes for her.
    Quote Quote:
    Episode 18:

    Haha... They really made every girl lose in a second. I guess it wasn't that hard for Tomoyo and Kotomi because the first has only started to develop feelings and the latter is an adorable airhead.
    Well…Kotomi is a genius so it’s more than an adorable airhead, but I also think she sees Tomoya more like a close friend than a romantic interest.

    Quote Quote:
    But it was hard so see the two sisters cry because they loved him for a long time now... =/
    And because without knowing Ryou had asked Kyou to help her win the heart of the man she also loved. That is also why Ryou was apologizing to Kyou and why they were crying like that.

    Quote Quote:
    Episode 19:
    I bet the play she wants to do has something to do with her past as well.
    It has to do with the hidden world….

    Quote Quote:
    But why show her in the hidden world directly after Nagisa said something about her past?
    Actually, as strangely as this will sound, the play has more to do with Nagisa’s future than with her past…
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 23, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #23
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Apple pie? I don’t remember an apple pie…

    I don’t remember the reason behind that…what is the reason?
    Well for the first: She once made Tomoya a pie (it looke dlike apple pie to me ) and said she did it for the first time.
    In the flashback we see both af them sitting at the table while eating the same kind of pie. After eating Tomoya looked very happy.

    And for the second: She always was bare foot at home so it seemed her habit continued.


    Quote Quote:
    Clannad is incredible! I’m a huge Clannad fan. Sadly, LB failed to become as amazing as Clannad.
    Well you haven't promised too much. It really is an amazing story so far. I'm glad I still have 29 episodes left.


    Quote Quote:
    I’m curious…would you mind sharing your theory with me, please?
    After I continued to watch I wasn't so sure anymore... At the start I thought this was a look into the (not so bright) future of the world.
    After it became clear this is the so called "hidden world", I thought that maybe, this is a world for shattered dreams, hopes and ambitions. So nothing could be born because nothing was able to exist in the first place.
    But I have one more question mark regarding the explanation. It was said this was world shut away while the other was created... I'm still very confused... XD


    Quote Quote:
    One of the greatest scenes in Clannad. ^_^

    Spoiler show


    I love how Nagisa tries to protect Tomoya, she is so cute.
    Yes it was. I laughed very hard at that scene. But still. Nagisa should've just confessed... They are so in love after all...


    Quote Quote:
    Your insight is really amazing!!
    So I'm not off track? Hmmm I can't wait to see the answer.


    Quote Quote:
    Well…Kotomi is a genius so it’s more than an adorable airhead, but I also think she sees Tomoya more like a close friend than a romantic interest.
    True. But she hadn't noticed her violin play was... not so good... though. XD


    Quote Quote:
    And because without knowing Ryou had asked Kyou to help her win the heart of the man she also loved. That is also why Ryou was apologizing to Kyou and why they were crying like that.
    I figured. But still... Very sad nontheless.


    Quote Quote:
    It has to do with the hidden world….
    That reminds me of the first episode. Where Nagisa quoted from the play...


    Quote Quote:
    Actually, as strangely as this will sound, the play has more to do with Nagisa’s future than with her past…
    Now thats interesting. I wonder what you mean with that. ^___^

    ---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

    Something is still on my mind:
    For some reason I haven't even noticed that up to know my episodes don't have the opening or the ending... So I watched both.
    Maybe I'm totally off track now. But I learned that every small thing could get a menaing in this show. So. The ending song is about the Dango family and I can't really decide if it's sweet or sad... For some reason I get the feeling that this whole Dango thing has a deeper meaning...

  15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #24
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    i like this show 4 episodes in, something supernatural or mysterious is taking place, and there is some great character development so far

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #25
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Well for the first: She once made Tomoya a pie (it looke dlike apple pie to me ) and said she did it for the first time.
    In the flashback we see both af them sitting at the table while eating the same kind of pie. After eating Tomoya looked very happy.
    Awwww. Thank you for reminding me of that moment!

    Quote Quote:
    And for the second: She always was bare foot at home so it seemed her habit continued.
    Ahhh. I love how you analyze and take into consideration every detail of this anime.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm glad I still have 29 episodes left.
    The best part is yet to come.

    Quote Quote:
    After I continued to watch I wasn't so sure anymore... At the start I thought this was a look into the (not so bright) future of the world.
    It has to do with something that will happen in the future…

    Quote Quote:
    Yes it was. I laughed very hard at that scene. But still. Nagisa should've just confessed... They are so in love after all...
    I love Nagisa and Tomoya!! They are my # 1 OTP in the whole animeverse!! They are one of the most wonderful anime couples! And about Nagisa…I’ll just say something very sweet, funny and cute will happen very soon. ^_^

    Quote Quote:
    I figured. But still... Very sad nontheless.
    Very sad I agree. On the one hand, I was very happy because Tomoya made it very clear that he had fallen for Nagisa; on the other hand, I was sad because he unintentionally broke the hearts of 4 girls.

    Quote Quote:
    Maybe I'm totally off track now. But I learned that every small thing could get a menaing in this show. So. The ending song is about the Dango family and I can't really decide if it's sweet or sad... For some reason I get the feeling that this whole Dango thing has a deeper meaning...
    You keep on amazing me, Sky!! Your insight is incredible! I can’t say too much without spoiling you, I’ll just say…that song will have a very deep meaning in the second season…

    ---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i like this show 4 episodes in, something supernatural or mysterious is taking place, and there is some great character development so far
    Yay!! Kisame has joined us!! I’m so glad you decided to give Clannad a try. I’m also glad to hear you are enjoying Clannad. Fuko-chan’s arc is quite touching and sweet, so I’m sure you’ll enjoy watching it.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #26
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    yes i just finished chu-2 so im going to be watching the rest of this story now

    i love the characters so far, and the whatever is going on with the little robot or whatever has peaked my curiosity

    but i have avoided spoilers so far, i will go back and read this thread once i get caught up

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  22. #27
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i love the characters so far, and the whatever is going on with the little robot or whatever has peaked my curiosity
    The robot and the girl will make little or no sense during the first season, but they are an extremely important part of the story. And all the characters are great! I love them all!

    Quote Quote:
    but i have avoided spoilers so far, i will go back and read this thread once i get caught up
    Can’t wait to read your comments and thoughts about the series.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  24. #28
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Ahhh. I love how you analyze and take into consideration every detail of this anime.
    I can't help it. :3
    If I really like a show I want to comprehend every bit of the story. x)


    Quote Quote:
    You keep on amazing me, Sky!! Your insight is incredible! I can’t say too much without spoiling you, I’ll just say…that song will have a very deep meaning in the second season….
    I can't stop listening to this song and I can't stop myself form humming it...


    Episode 20:

    D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

    Very cute episode and very heartwarming. Nagisas family is really great. I love how unintentionally funny Akio-san is...

    It was so cute when Nagisas father made her "confess"!
    But really... Okazaki should've just went with the flow... He wanted Nagisa to be the first girl talking to him after all. But I so saw it coming that Fuuko was waiting right in front of the door! XD

    Hm... So Nagisa was the reason why Akio-san became a baker. Well you can't blame her... She was left alone, sick and a small child. This is something parents mustn't do.

    Hidden World: The new robot didn't get a soul. =/ Well but they still have each other.
    Interesting that the play is exactly about the hidden world. I wonder why.
    And why does Tomoya know the story too?

    Most shocking thing of the episode: Youhei was... the voice of reason...

    ---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

    Episode 21:

    Nagisa sure looks cute in that costume. :3

    Again they prepared the last moments of the episode very well. Somewhat predictable though after they showed Akio stacking the boxes very inaccurate.
    So Nagisa found out about her parents past... Somewhat surprising her father was into acting too. She sure shares a lot of traits with him.

    I hope Tomoya is able to prevent a mental breakdown... Otherwise this will be very bad... =/

    I do wonder why episode 22 is labeled as final episode though? I have 24. oô

  25. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  26. #29
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I can't stop listening to this song and I can't stop myself form humming it...
    The Dango song is very catchy! ^_^

    Right now the Clannad song that I can’t stop listening is:



    I love that song! Clannad has a wonderful OST!

    Quote Quote:
    Very cute episode and very heartwarming. Nagisas family is really great. I love how unintentionally funny Akio-san is...
    Akio is awesome! And you will see more of his awesomeness in the second season.

    Quote Quote:
    It was so cute when Nagisas father made her "confess"!
    That moment is great! It is funny, cute and sweet at the same time. And it does show that despite of appearances, Akio really likes Tomoya, he is able to see the great guy Tomoya is.

    Quote Quote:
    But really... Okazaki should've just went with the flow... He wanted Nagisa to be the first girl talking to him after all. But I so saw it coming that Fuuko was waiting right in front of the door! XD
    First girl talking to him? Does that happen in episode 20? I don’t remember that part of the ep…

    Quote Quote:
    Hm... So Nagisa was the reason why Akio-san became a baker. Well you can't blame her... She was left alone, sick and a small child. This is something parents mustn't do.
    Nagisa was the reason why Akio quit acting and Sanae quit her job as a teacher. They quit their jobs so that they could spend more time with Nagisa and so that they would be able to take better care of her.

    Quote Quote:
    And why does Tomoya know the story too?
    Tomoya knows the story? Did he mention this? And the hidden world story will play a huge part in Nagisa and Tomoya’s life, especially Tomoya’s.

    Quote Quote:
    Most shocking thing of the episode: Youhei was... the voice of reason...
    LOL Sunohara can be smart and wise when he wants to be. He is actually deeper and more thoughtful than he appears to be.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  28. #30
    Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Clannad

    I don't think I can bring myself to re-watch Clannad. It was so moving and each arc ended with me in tears (maybe not all the arcs, I don't remember). But Clannad and Clannad: After Story are one of my favorite animes from my 'teenhood'. Thank you for all your insightful posts! I really enjoy reading them and it gives me the "AHA!" moment, haha

  29. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts