Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Clannad

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clannad

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I rewatched the scene in the sunflower field a couple of times now because it was so touching... I still can't watch it without getting teary eyes...
    I know what you mean since the same thing happens to me but with another scene.

Quote Quote:
    Comedy and Romance... I'll give it a try.
    Glad to hear that. Lovely Complex is a lovecom; Honey and Clover is a slice of life with drama, romance and comedy. Honey and Clover is a must-watch for anyone in their twenties.

Quote Quote:
    My to-watch-list is getting bigger and bigger... :'D
    I have the same problem. ^^

Quote Quote:
    I recently added the ef-series and Kanon to the list. :3
    yay~ for you adding ef to your list! I haven’t watched Kanon, I need to watch it as well. ^_^
    Quote Quote:
    Thank you... I'm planning to rename my whole thread.
    Great idea!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 02, 2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I know what you mean since the same thing happens to me but with another scene.
    Which one?

Quote Quote:
    Glad to hear that. Lovely Complex is a lovecom; Honey and Clover is a slice of life with drama, romance and comedy. Honey and Clover is a must-watch for anyone in their twenties.
    Okay... I'll get it then...

Quote Quote:
    yay~ for you adding ef to your list! I haven’t watched Kanon, I need to watch it as well. ^_^
    I heard Kanon is very touching too... So after some time has passed I'm gonna watch it too... Right after Clannad would be... harsh

Quote Quote:
    Great idea!
    It's the Dango-Thread now...

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Which one?
    The last episode of Kotomi’s arc, although, I also feel very sad when watching Nagisa’s death.

Quote Quote:
    I heard Kanon is very touching too... So after some time has passed I'm gonna watch it too... Right after Clannad would be... harsh
    Kanon is another Key novel so it is bound to be touching and waiting some time before watching Kanon is a wise decision.

Quote Quote:
    It's the Dango-Thread now...
    yay!!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The last episode of Kotomi’s arc, although, I also feel very sad when watching Nagisa’s death.
    I just had to remember it...
    Clannad is stuck is my head... I really have to distract myself...

Quote Quote:
    Kanon is another Key novel so it is bound to be touching and waiting some time before watching Kanon is a wise decision.
    I think so too...
    It's very good the new season started.

Quote Quote:
    yay!!
    That song is soooo awesome...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i couldnt find a decent site to watch it on so i just bit the bullett and downloaded the series

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had to remember it...
    Sorry for making you remember that scene.

Quote Quote:
    I think so too...
    It's very good the new season started.
    Very good indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i couldnt find a decent site to watch it on so i just bit the bullett and downloaded the series
    Clannad is an emotional rollercoaster, I hope you have as much fun as Sky and I did while watching this anime.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the wedding episode with fuko appearing to her older sister was great
    i really hope fuko wakes up, i also loved the party scene in the classroom

im on episode 12 now
    i saw clannad dubbed on netflix but i decided to stick with the japanese
    too bad netflix doesnt have subbed anime

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the wedding episode with fuko appearing to her older sister was great
    i really hope fuko wakes up, i also loved the party scene in the classroom
    Fuko’s arc is pretty touching, and the next arc is as touching or even more touching than Fuko’s arc.

Quote Quote:
    im on episode 12 now
    i saw clannad dubbed on netflix but i decided to stick with the japanese
    too bad netflix doesnt have subbed anime
    I know it is a matter of opinion but I also prefer the subbed version. I’m not a big fan of the dubbed version.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i didnt even try the dubbed i have been so dissapointed with english dubbed anime lately

this is a very touching story, when kotomi broke down and started crying and then you find out why she is so shy and socially inept

its very sad

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dislike the english dub... I just watched a short vid and I was already scared... Very good there isn't a german dub yet...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dislike the english dub... I just watched a short vid and I was already scared... Very good there isn't a german dub yet...
    how is german voice acting in the dubs? english REALLY sucks, i mean once in a while you find an anime with good english voice actors

but it just seems that the personality of the actors is altered and the dub never quite reaches the same level of passion or emotion that the original japanese audio does

not to mention that when japanese cultural jokes are told the translation is almost always butchered or just abandoned all together

the bad thing is finding good places to watch anime, like clannad for example

i had to go to some off the wall website to download the episodes because the websites i have subscriptions on didnt have it, (probably due to licensing) and i didnt want to watch it on some shady site with pop-ups or advertisements
    netflix is the only other place i found to watch clannad was on netflix wih the dub

but back on topic, are clannan after-story and the movies canon?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

how is german voice acting in the dubs?
    Nowadays it is really horrible. The dialogue is often so flat and crappy... It makes you cry.

Quote Quote:
    but back on topic, are clannan after-story and the movies canon?
    After story is the second part of the visual novel. The movie was just another adaption if I recall correctly. So both canon.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ok i will admit it

i am a 30 year old man but when kotomi opened that suitcase and sawthe bear and read the letter i got teary eyed....

she is such a sweet girl and im so happy that she has friends now
    tomoya really is a nice guy and the girls getting that violin for her was nice too

this last arc (im on ep 18 now) seems like its more about romance
    im glad to see sakagami enter the scene as a love rival, she is an awesome character

but i still think yomoya will wind up with nagisa at the end
    it was awesome how she lied and said they were dating and then he said it made him happy and they had that little moment before sunohara's little sister showed up

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    I think the series is doing good so far. I was kind of hoping they would base it on Tomoyo route, but Nagisa is not bad too. http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...?title=Clannad <-- go check it out .
    yea i could definitely see myself playing the visual novel for this game if i could find it in english, i would like to play through all of the routes

tomoyo is also my favorite girl, she is awesome

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor BlueRider View Post
    I've been missing that sarcastic wit since Kanon 06 so I'm definitely glad to see it back. (There's just too many harem anime where the main character is an annoying coward, eh?)
    i have never seen kanon either, i will have to go watch that

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Great emotional rollercoaster that made me LOL and cry my heart out while watching it. One of the best anime series that the anime world has to offer. I enjoyed every single episode of Clannad; in fact, it is one of my favorite anime series and it is the series my OTP comes from.
    yes i agree about the wide spectrum of emotion

sunohara especially makes me laugh, the little back and forth (totally one sided ass kicking lol) between him and sakagami tomoyo, the pranks tomoya always pulls on sunohara, the scene where ryou thought that nagasi was going to confess to her on the roof, or the scene later on where tomoya convinces nagasi that sunohara is gay and is trying to spend time with him because he loves him were EPIC comedy

and obviously the climax of each of the first two arcs is so heartwarming that you cannot help but fall in love with this series

---------- Post added April 12, 2013 at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was April 10, 2013 at 08:43 AM ----------

i love the scene with kyou in the gym storage closet in episode 17
    the awesome thung about clannad is that it is a suddle harem without being ecchi or tasteless

i found the game for sal in japanese; i would love to get it and get an english path and play all the routes, nothing against nagisa

i would just be fascinayed to see both the kyou and tomoyo routes

the fuko and kotomi routes would also be fun
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; April 10, 2013 at 08:56 AM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i didnt even try the dubbed i have been so dissapointed with english dubbed anime lately
    I watched one important scene, but I didn’t like how they changed some things and the dialogue didn’t have the same impact as it did in the Japanese version.

Quote Quote:
    this is a very touching story, when kotomi broke down and started crying and then you find out why she is so shy and socially inept

its very sad
    Kotomi’s arc is my favorite arc of the first season, it is such a wonderful arc!

ok i will admit it

i am a 30 year old man but when kotomi opened that suitcase and sawthe bear and read the letter i got teary eyed....
    I remember crying like a baby while watching that episode. And even now, I can’t watch that episode without getting teary-eyed.

Quote Quote:
    i have never seen kanon either, i will have to go watch that
    As I huge fan of Key, I need to watch both Kanon and Air. I have heard they are both great!

Quote Quote:
    sunohara especially makes me laugh, the little back and forth (totally one sided ass kicking lol) between him and sakagami tomoyo, the pranks tomoya always pulls on sunohara, the scene where ryou thought that nagasi was going to confess to her on the roof, or the scene later on where tomoya convinces nagasi that sunohara is gay and is trying to spend time with him because he loves him were EPIC comedy
    All those scenes were so funny!

Quote Quote:
    i would just be fascinayed to see both the kyou and tomoyo routes
    There are two OVAs/episodes about Kyou and Tomoyo’s routes, respectively.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5