Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The Combination of a Real Devil Fruit with Smile, and the Prototype.

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Country
    Morocco
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Combination of a Real Devil Fruit with Smile, and the Prototype.

    This is an unanswered question that has been bothering us for quite some time, but I guess it's time to shed some light on this problem.

    Lately I have been rereading One Piece chapters, & I noticed some very interesting things with which we could theorize about the first human we have encountered so far with Smile Df. Not only that, but it turns out that that first person also has another DF, a real DF.


    As we all know Monet is by appearance a harpy with the Snow Snow Devil Fruit.

    Spoiler show



    It turns out that she is more than what she appears to be according my theory.

    When I saw her at first with her wings and bird legs, I assumed that that was the work of Law. As you all know, Law can replace missing bodily parts with those of animals and maybe even of people. However, if that were the case, it is very strange because there are some parts that if they were to get injured the injured person would never be suited for combat anymore. Apart from the wings and bird legs, she even had a tail.
    Spoiler show

    For Law to give her a bird tail, the lumbar area must have been badly cut out. Monet wouldn't be able to walk properly if she had received such an injury. But she was fighting the powered up Zoro fairly well using those huge needles or whatever they are. Furthermore, it's too weird for her to get, of all places, her lumbar area cut out. It doesn't add up. So it struck me that Monet has a Smile. As we know, Smile is a Zoan artificial DF. And harpy is a Zoan type. The Human Human fruit that Chopper has is a Zoan, so it's only logical for harpy to be a Zoan.
    And because Monet had the Snow Snow fruit, the possibility of one eating both Smile and the real one with no fatal side effects must be true.

    Further info on the smile:
    We saw that Monet didn't for once turn back to her human form, so according to my hypothesis, the person who has eaten Smile can't turn back into his human form anymore. That is one Smile flaws. It should also explain why Caesar was keeping Vegapunk's fruit(to study it and to try to get Smile as close to it as possible).
    Last edited by Australopithecus; April 06, 2014 at 08:33 PM.

  2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Zurich
    Country
    Switzerland
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Combination of a Real Devil Fruit with Smile, and the Prototype.

    Nice theory.

    A) Why would Law replace her legs, when they aren't even injured?!! And why with harpy legs? And why even the WINGS?
    B) Has momo eaten a smile? Or was it a real artifical zoan?
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy.

    #TeamRebecca


  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Combination of a Real Devil Fruit with Smile, and the Prototype.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    B) Has momo eaten a smile? Or was it a real artifical zoan?
    It was a real artificial zoan. But it seems Vegapunk deemed it as a failure.

    For instance:
    Ceasar's SMILE: http://www.onemanga.me/one-piece/689/17/
    Vegapunks's artificial devil fruit: http://www.onemanga.me/one-piece/685/10/
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  6. #4
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Country
    Morocco
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Combination of a Real Devil Fruit with Smile, and the Prototype.

    Thank you everyone for reading my post

    Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    Nice theory.

    A) Why would Law replace her legs, when they aren't even injured?!! And why with harpy legs? And why even the WINGS?
    B) Has momo eaten a smile? Or was it a real artifical zoan?
    Thank you, Spenzi.
    Yes, indeed. It is very strange for him to do that. And he gave her wings of all things. Also, I can't imagine the ruthless monster who could dismember Monet's two arms and legs. It's very gory and very much unsuited for a shonen manga.

    Momo hasn't eaten Smile. He has eaten Vegapunk's artificial devil fruit.

    It was mentioned here:
    Spoiler show


    Chapter 685 has the info. you need about question B.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    It was a real artificial zoan. But it seems Vegapunk deemed it as a failure.

    For instance:
    Ceasar's SMILE: http://www.onemanga.me/one-piece/689/17/
    Vegapunks's artificial devil fruit: http://www.onemanga.me/one-piece/685/10/
    I believe, according to the info. I could gather, Vegapunk deemed his fruit as a failure because it doesn't change into human form according to the user's own will. The user transforms to whatever creature the fruit contains in response to certain stimuli. For instance, in chapter 698, Momo transformed into a dragon because of his surprise upon hearing Kaido's name.

    Spoiler show


    If Chopper were in Momo's place, & heard Kaido's name and made a surprise face, he wouldn't transform into one of his transformations. Remember when the Strawhats first heard that their captain picked a fight with Big Mom, Chopper made a surprise face, but didn't transform or anything.
    Spoiler show

  7. #5
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) still here
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Combination of a Real Devil Fruit with Smile, and the Prototype.

    Monet ate the Yuki-Yuki-no-mi/Snow-Snow-Fruit, a logia fruit, which had nothing to do with her appearance aside from her personal preferance to appear like an ice harpy, fitting into her whole theme as the japanese mythological figure yuki-onna. The flashback in chapter 728 revealed that she already possesed the ability ten years ago, long before she changed her look on Punk Hazard. Going with Oda's rules for the world, she couldn't have eaten a second fruit, even if it was artificial and it's not logical to assume that she ate one, when 99% of the characters appearing in PH have been modified by Law too.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 08, 2014 at 08:45 AM.
    Firm but Fair

  8. #6
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Country
    Morocco
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Combination of a Real Devil Fruit with Smile, and the Prototype.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Monet ate the Yuki-Yuki-no-mi/Snow-Snow-Fruit, a logia fruit, which had nothing to do with her appearance aside from her personal preferance to appear like an ice harpy, fitting into her whole theme as the japanese mythological figure yuki-onna. The flashback in chapter 728 revealed that she already possesed the ability ten years ago, long before she changed her look on Punk Hazard. Going with Oda's rules for the world, she couldn't have eaten a second fruit, even if it was artificial and it's not logical to assume that she ate one, when 99% of the characters appearing in PH have been modified by Law too.
    First & foremost, I would like to thank you for reading my post, & I welcome you with open arms into the discussion.

    Oda-sensei's rules apply only to real devil fruits. As far as I can remember, it was never stated that such rules apply to Smile or Vegapunk's fruit too. However, if I am missing something, feel free to point it out.
    As for Law's modifications, yes, 99% of the characters that resemble monsters from Greek Myth. have been modified by LAw into centaurs, and it was also that deceitful facade that led us astray: to include Monet among them. However, as you yourself implied it unknowingly, Monet is that 1%. Just think about it... How would Monet have survived if she had had her all of her limbs dismembered? She would die of blood loss quickly. People commit suicide just by slitting their wrist, not to mention getting their limbs cut off. Moreover, that is very gory and very much unsuited for a shonen manga.
    There is another assumption though: Monet simply had her four limbs stomped on like Bellemere on Ch. 78, but that is poor story telling. First, it is cliché , & second, it is plain stupid. Finally, please explain to me what excuse does she have for having a tail?
    Spoiler show

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts