Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Would you join a Gantz team?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would search for them and ask them to hold me when they get beamed up.

49 38.28%
  • Only if I was killed/died. This would be my second life.

62 48.44%
  • If I was forced to. I would gather 100pnts to get out of there and to get my memory eraced.

9 7.03%
  • Never!!! My life is good/bad enough for me as they are now

8 6.25%
New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Would you join a Gantz team?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would you join a Gantz team?

I would keep building up points and fucking everything I see.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iNerrection View Post
    That sounds like a great plan, it worked for kuwa.

My plan would be stealth and team work!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What would my strategy be, if I found myself trapped in Gantz? Well, my sense of self-preservation being what it is, I would use stealth and sniping a lot. I would also hang back till I figured out the aliens' attacks and weaknesses, like Nishi and Oka, rather than rush into the fight like Kaze or Kei. I would build up friendships with some of the better players, and work with the team well enough that they would think it would be a good idea to rez me if I got killed, too. Just like the Osaka team would probably think it would be worthwhile to get Oka and his arsenal back if he died. But I would also do my best to make sure that I didn't need to be rezzed. Some of the easiest ways to get lots of points are also the least dangerous. Sniper/stealther would suit me just fine.

I would keep a Y-gun and X-rifle; I wouldn't be doing much close-range fighting, but I would keep a pistol, too, just in case. I probably wouldn't bother with a sword; I'm no fencer or swordsman, so it would just be extra weight. Since cell phones don't appear to work during hunts, I would probably bring short-wave radios for everybody to use; having reliable communications would be great in most battles. I would also spend all of my free time between battles figuring out how the suits work and trying to hack into the weapons' programming. If possible, I would con a real hacker into helping me crack into the Gantz systems. I could just say that I had gotten hold of some top-secret military weaponry, and needed to know how it works. I might even figure out what some of those buttons that Gantz pushes actually do.

I would also try to ask Gantz some questions. If I saw that a "wet willie" worked to get Gantz' attention, I would at least use it once per mission to get some info.

I also wouldn't make the mistake of antagonizing Nishi, the only one who knows what's going on, and would look on the net to see if there was any info at all available about Gantz.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iNerrection View Post
    there will be some aliens so fast, and if you can't fight in a short distance you will have some problems...XD

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If I survived, I would generally be more like Katou. Always encouraging teamwork, and doing my best to make sure everyone at least has a suit and x-gun. I would also encourage more people to use stealth.

I understand why they don't have very much stealth in the manga (fights generaly look cooler if you can see the people who are fighting xD), but in a realistic situation, stealth would generally be something that I hope more people would utilize.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Mr. Aaron: I wouldn't tell about 98% of the rookies anything at all. In real life, it wouldn't be a good idea to make sure the rookies have weapons and guns. It would be a lot smarter to either let them figure it out, or talk them out of bringing anything at all for their first mission. Think about it: Most of the people who Gantz recruits are gangsters, biker thugs, murderers, rapists, etc. who died violently. That's why Gantz had such a hard time getting a good team together. Most of his recruits are more likely to kill each other than the aliens.

Nishi knew about the suits but had enough sense not to tell the mobsters about them; one of them tried to rape Kishimoto, but Katou stopped him. With a suit, he would have murdered Katou and raped Kishimoto, then probably would have killed the rest of the rookies because dead men tell no tales. The second mission, after Katou told them about the weapons, a biker punk shot Nishi, and indirectly caused his death. Another one tried raping Kishimoto, again. On several occasions, it has not been a good idea to tell the recruits about the suits. Think about what the American gang members would have been able to do with suits. Or if the vampires had used them.

It's a good thing that most of them never figure out that they can turn invisible and rob a bank, or kill all their enemies without even being seen, or can get an H-gun and level whole skyscrapers.

Nishi has enough sense to know that if they have to figure it out for themselves, only the ones who are smart enough not to really abuse the weapons in ways that would either alert society to their presence, cause the deaths of veteran players, or just cause a lot of trouble and devastation will ever get them.

Katou leads with his heart, not his head, so he thinks of the survival of the rookies before his own, or that of his friends. Kei tried to follow in his footsteps, but it wasn't a good idea. In real life, the most likely outcome of telling the rapists about the suits would be that they would rape Reika; Kei would have tried to stop them, and they would have killed him. As it was, the fact that they knew about the suits was one of the biggest reasons why Tae died. If they hadn't known about the suits, they would have been useless to Izumi.

If it's a matter of my own survival and that of my friends vs. that of some stranger, I would keep my big mouth shut until I knew I could trust them not to kill me the first chance they got.
    Last edited by georgemarvin; May 31, 2009 at 06:57 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@George Marvin.

Interesting perspective. I suppose personally I am like Katou, in that respect. I'm generally the kind of person who would give people information indiscriminately, which would probably lead to my downfall. If I got lucky, and the mobsters/thugs trasfered out before anyone, I would do my best to try and grab all of the suitcases of those whom I have a pretty good idea that I could trust, let the mobsters walk off (assuming that they do walk off and don't look for aliens) Then try and convince the others otherwise.

The child in me thought that Nishi wouldn't tell people about the suits because he wanted to use them as decoy to rack up their own points like in the first mission.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would imagine that Nishi and Izumi's attitude about letting the rookies figure it out for themselves comes from painful experience. They may have told other players about the suits and weapons in the beginning, and it could have cost the lives of some of their teammates, or the people that they told could have tried to kill them.

Izumi probably began Gantz as somebody more like Kei or Katou, and learned the hard way that trusting the kind of people that Gantz generally recruits isn't a good idea.

Nishi was probably always a dangerous psychopath with homicidal tendencies, a serial killer in the making, but he may not have been so suspicious and untrusting, unable to form any kind of friendships or adapt to normal society when he first entered Gantz. Even most serial killers have friends and family.

Yeah, there are a few people who are obviously trustworthy, like the grandma and grandson, Reika, maybe Cherry. But if you saw Kaze for the first time in the room, would you think that he had a heart of gold, or would you think he's some big thug, maybe muscle for a gang? What about Sakata? Would the Old Man look like a grandfather, or a crime lord? Or even Kei and Katou. Did they really die helping a drunk, or were they mob enforcers who were caught in an ambush? Most of the people who enter the room are a big question mark. You can't tell whether they were just unlucky, or were killed in a shootout with the cops. All of the thugs have a good reason to lie. If you were killed while robbing a bank, and found yourself in a room full of strangers, and one asked how you died, would you tell the truth?

That's why it would be a good idea not to even tell the most innocent-looking of them anything before the hunt; the people who you can't trust might figure it out and kill you, or do something nearly as bad. And that innocent-looking middle-school kid might be the vicious killer, while the hulking giant might be as gentle as a kitten.

You could always go into stealth mode and follow anybody you thought you could trust, and see what they did during the hunt. If they got into trouble, you could help them out, then tell them what they need to know AFTER the hunt's over. If they just started killing everything in sight, you could always leave them alone and let them take the consequences for their actions.

If they looked harmless at least, or maybe even promising as Gantzers, you still wouldn't want to tell them everything for a couple more missions; just start with the basics, because they might still be trying to trick you.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly inpulsive and in a Gantz situation around 90% of my actions would involve no fore-thought whatsoever, I'm pretty lucky and fairly quick so I think I'd survive for a while, I'd probably just get messed up real bad on a regular basis.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roxas_strife2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by georgemarvin View Post
    I would imagine that Nishi and Izumi's attitude about letting the rookies figure it out for themselves comes from painful experience. They may have told other players about the suits and weapons in the beginning, and it could have cost the lives of some of their teammates, or the people that they told could have tried to kill them.

Izumi probably began Gantz as somebody more like Kei or Katou, and learned the hard way that trusting the kind of people that Gantz generally recruits isn't a good idea.

Nishi was probably always a dangerous psychopath with homicidal tendencies, a serial killer in the making, but he may not have been so suspicious and untrusting, unable to form any kind of friendships or adapt to normal society when he first entered Gantz. Even most serial killers have friends and family.

Yeah, there are a few people who are obviously trustworthy, like the grandma and grandson, Reika, maybe Cherry. But if you saw Kaze for the first time in the room, would you think that he had a heart of gold, or would you think he's some big thug, maybe muscle for a gang? What about Sakata? Would the Old Man look like a grandfather, or a crime lord? Or even Kei and Katou. Did they really die helping a drunk, or were they mob enforcers who were caught in an ambush? Most of the people who enter the room are a big question mark. You can't tell whether they were just unlucky, or were killed in a shootout with the cops. All of the thugs have a good reason to lie. If you were killed while robbing a bank, and found yourself in a room full of strangers, and one asked how you died, would you tell the truth?

That's why it would be a good idea not to even tell the most innocent-looking of them anything before the hunt; the people who you can't trust might figure it out and kill you, or do something nearly as bad. And that innocent-looking middle-school kid might be the vicious killer, while the hulking giant might be as gentle as a kitten.

You could always go into stealth mode and follow anybody you thought you could trust, and see what they did during the hunt. If they got into trouble, you could help them out, then tell them what they need to know AFTER the hunt's over. If they just started killing everything in sight, you could always leave them alone and let them take the consequences for their actions.

If they looked harmless at least, or maybe even promising as Gantzers, you still wouldn't want to tell them everything for a couple more missions; just start with the basics, because they might still be trying to trick you.
    I've always had a similar image of Izumi before Gantz, except for with how he's good looking, popular, athletic, and probably just lived his life around stuff like that before Gantz.

I don't think Nishi was always this way, if he was like that from a young age he would remind me of Dexter Morgan. I've always imagined him having a lot of issues with his parents and being sort of a outcast, and a intellectual sort of guy. Probably horrible at socializing because of an inability to ignore the ignorance of his peers at a young age. I bet he was very bored until he found Gantz. For all we know Nishi might not have died not knowing where he was going, which would say a lot about his character you know?

You see, the part about trusting people in Gantz is flawed. You need to make some sort of team dynamic, or when you are confronted with an alien like Nurarihyon you are fucked. For a majority of the time though I would say that's definitely the right idea. Don't trust someone till you know a little about them. I would stealth it and follow them around, which is stalking, but I would need to know how trustworthy the person was.
    Last edited by roxas_strife2; June 10, 2009 at 11:09 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mishimoto's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it would be the greatest feeling in the world

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
    Yes, it would be the greatest feeling in the world
    Maybe initially...but would it a be a great feeling when your guts come spilling out of you due to some alien?

I still think the majority of you aren't being honest...or you're insane if you would join a Gantz team willingly.....crazy

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Maybe initially...but would it a be a great feeling when your guts come spilling out of you due to some alien?

I still think the majority of you aren't being honest...or you're insane if you would join a Gantz team willingly.....crazy
    Probably. Maybe it's the child in me that is saying, "Oh yeah! That'd be totally awesome!", but then while in the game being like, "Ohshitohshitohshitshitshit".

But also the internet is anonymous, so I can see how every day people would act normal and them turn to the internet and be like, "Yeaaahhh man! I totally wanna splatter braiiiiinnnnnss! Muahahaha~!".
    Last edited by Mr.Aaron; July 07, 2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Several gramarical errors. I shouldn't type while texting. o_o;

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't willingly become a Gantz participant but if I died at least it would give me a second start, don't get me wrong I'd be bricking it inbetween and during missions but at least I'd still be living.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron View Post
    If I survived, I would generally be more like Katou. Always encouraging teamwork, and doing my best to make sure everyone at least has a suit and x-gun. I would also encourage more people to use stealth.

I understand why they don't have very much stealth in the manga (fights generaly look cooler if you can see the people who are fighting xD), but in a realistic situation, stealth would generally be something that I hope more people would utilize.
    IMO Katou is pathetic, I would be more like Nishi, Izumi (those are the bad guys) , Kurono (when he doesn't act like Katou)
    and as I said before the suit is the most important for me...
    Last edited by Black Lagoon; July 11, 2009 at 04:50 AM.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast