Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Would you join a Gantz team?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would search for them and ask them to hold me when they get beamed up.

49 38.28%
  • Only if I was killed/died. This would be my second life.

62 48.44%
  • If I was forced to. I would gather 100pnts to get out of there and to get my memory eraced.

9 7.03%
  • Never!!! My life is good/bad enough for me as they are now

8 6.25%
New Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Would you join a Gantz team?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would you join a Gantz team?

Yeah I really hope so to.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what george is talking about is perfectly normal, although I've never slaughtered and animal myself I've seen many programs where they show the process, and what george described is quite similar to what actually does take place in the production of our meat, although think the method used by commercial farmers is to stun the cattle first.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by georgemarvin View Post
    @102jayday: I grew up on a farm. I've butchered cattle, pigs, deer, a lamb, etc., so I wouldn't be squeamish about a little blood and guts. You kill a lamb by hanging it by its back feet and slitting its throat. Its death cries sound almost human. I don't think any alien would be more pitiable than a dying lamb. People from the farm communities would probably be a lot less squeamish about hunting aliens than city dwellers.

I would use invisibility mode constantly. But I wouldn't rely on it as much as Nishi does; just the invisibility wouldn't be enough; it's like camouflage when you're hunting deer. You have to disguise your scent, keep your movements down to the minimum, stay downwind, find a good location where you have all the advantages of the terrain, etc.

You have to admire Katou's sense of honor, but most of us wouldn't live up to his high ideals. When the chips are down, most of us value our own lives more than those of others, especially those of strangers.
    yucky lol but ya gotta do yucky stuff on farms, my uncle and auntie use to have one. i remember when they had to kill the lambs/sheep..the lambs followed suit to where they would be killed.

but what about human guts, thats different than alien or animals yuckyness, because its us. like image we seeing kurono in the italy mission how half his body was bah. oh and the other people dying in that one. but then again im just sensetive....i almost vomit or do when i see someone else vomit rofl..

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ various people: If you like eating chicken, pork and hamburgers, you might not want to know where they come from. In that case, you shouldn't read this.

First, I grew up on a farm. We raised cattle, pigs and chickens. We hunted deer in the winter. Slaughtering and butchering animals for food was something that we had to do. Of course, I would never begin carving up a meat animal until after it's dead. That would be unnecessarily cruel. Farmers generally kill a chicken by breaking its neck or chopping off its head. A hog or cow is killed by shooting it in the head. Either of those is quick and painless. I helped a friend slaughter sheep. Once. It was so cruel that I said I would never do it again. That's because the lamb is killed differently: Its throat is slit and it is hung by its back legs, so that the blood will drain. Otherwise, the meat doesn't taste right. I found a link to a site that shows how sheep are slaughtered. It's from Romania, but it's the exact same way that it's done here. WARNING: It's pretty graphic.
    http://www.leafpile.com/TravelLog/Ro...heep/Sheep.htm

@Warbandit: Commercial slaughterhouses are generally very cruel in comparison with the methods that individual farmers use. A slaughterhouse will keep the animals for days, until it's their turn to be slaughtered. They often aren't fed or watered, are kept in really small areas, and are often mistreated by the minimum-wage workers. Commercial operations do stun hogs and cattle, so they are theoretically unconscious while they are being butchered. After they are stunned, they are put on an assembly line where a machine cuts their jugulars and they are then ran through a machine to scald their skin for easy removal. The problem is that the stunning mechanisms aren't very effective, and the assembly lines are fast, so they don't make sure the hogs are dead, or even unconscious, when they are scalded. A 1999 study by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency found that 23% of pigs are conscious when they are scalded.

If you want to see what really happens at commercial slaughterhouses, you can check this out. VERY GRAPHIC! NOT for the faint-hearted. It may even turn you into a vegetarian. If you just watch a few seconds, you can see exactly how well that "stunning" works.
    http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video....ong&Player=flv
    You might want to read this, as well:
    http://www.meat.org.uk/slaught.html

But it isn't just the animals who have it rough. 36% of people who work at slaughterhouses are seriously injured on the job. It's the least safe job in America. And that doesn't include the massive numbers of illegals who work there, who can't go to the doctor or report the injury to worker's comp. It's nothing unusual to see a Mexican with his hand cut in half, and stitched up by another worker. The rule is, get hurt, get fired. They see fingers sliced off, people gored, people losing hands to the blades, etc. every day; human injuries are just part of the job. I don't think most of them would run away screaming if they had to do something that's not much more dangerous or revolting than their regular job.

Think of Gantz as the kind of job that nobody would want, except the poor people who take jobs in slaughterhouses, enlist in the army during a war, join street gangs, etc.; To those people, Gantz wouldn't look that bad.

5. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answer! I agree on many things with you George. This is a part of the life.
    When there still was the wall in Germany we used to breed rabbits but the most of my family couldn't eat our own animals so we traded with other farmers.^_^ We still grow our own vegetables and fruits because it's healthier and tastier than the stuff from the supermarket.

It's not only the slaughter-houses, the animals we eat have a horrible life before they finally die. I better buy my meat, eggs and milk from a small farm because the animals there can see daylight, eat normal foot and I better pay more for meat that is not polluted with chemicals and hormones and with the knowing that the animal had a normal life.
    I'm not a big fan of beef and pork anyways because it very often tastes like dead animal, I prefer chicken and fish but even these animals have a horrible life.

Was your friend Jewish or a Muslim? I know that they have some rules how to slaughter an animal. That what you described they do it because the believe the meat is "clean" when you "kill" the animal that way.

I recently saw a similar horrible and sad video (called: "Earthlings"), it's not only about slaughter-houses, after I saw that video I felt sick and sad for days and I have seen really bad things before.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell yeah baby! Then my moto would be "Go and get a REAL life" to everyone who says "Get a real life" to gamers

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It's actually best to purchase your meat from small local butchers or at least make sure that it's free range, that way you know that it's come from a good source and the quality is always far better than what you get from big stores.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I know we're discussing something very controversial and interesting; but I think it's best to remind everyone that we're going very off topic really...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

well all those things are kinda to the point like you got to think how sick it is to see guts and blood. like lots of people on the gantz team would see it so its like a bad important thing that would happen if you wanted to join gantz. but humans do get use to things even war over time.

@ Angel.....
    i decided to watch a little clip of that ''Earthlings'' and yeh omfg, it makes me think we humans are aliens and we are evil! 0.o that clip scared me so im gonna watch the whole thing in daylight and dont touch food.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dr.Robotnick's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

YES!!! I SUPUSE THAT ITS EXITING AND YOUR LIFE IS ONLY ACCION AND FIGHT WITH ALIENS ROBOTS HAVE A PANDA OF A PET AND a lot of CUTE GIRLS (i am not a pervert)
    Bye Friends!
    What about you?

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I would only join a Gantz team if I died. Iwouldn't choose to die though. But it would be the best thing to do. And who knows I might not die the first mission some vet mightbe nice enough to give me an H gun.
    http://gantzplayers.webs.com/ <-- My Gantz Forum, Roleplay and talk Gantz.

New Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15