Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Eleven: make your team!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OS.Hoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dream Team?

Haha, I couldnt decide for my Defence team ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Sorata View Post
    There is already a thread on this, but whatever
    I know there was a thread about it already But it hasn't been touched in almost a WHOLE year ^^' Maybe we should fuse them..? 8D g2g for now, tho!
    Best Eleven

Merged the two threads ~ Xophy
    Last edited by Xophien; October 16, 2007 at 06:03 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DoublexEdge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my offensive roster:

Quarterback:
    Hiruma [most versatile in my opinion]

Runningback: Sena [Best speed]
    Fullback: Akaba [for lead blocking, also has great speed of his own. I;d change his numkber to 22 though]

Center: Gaou [very cheap but he's technically one of the best players. if push comes to shove, he will just snap the ball and charge forward so the QB can get some yards.]
    Right Guard: Shin [hes powerful enough to play line. he can also use the balista, except hes is closer to the line of scrimmage]
    Left guard: Buffolo Usujima [also good for blowing open holes]
    Right Tackle: Banba [Shin being surrounded by both Gaou and banba will make his smaller size no longer a factor)
    Left Tackle: Kurita [Is hiruma right handed? If so, kurita is perfect for this position so he can always be watching Hirumas back from anyone coming from the outside.]
    Tight End: Agon [Versatile, he can block and receive]

Reciever: Monta [I love monta, he is awesome and reliable]
    Reciever: Tetsuma [hes unstoppable!]

Defense:

Defensive end: Mizumachi [with the swim, he doesnt need to worry about the other side because hes only responsible for any outside runs and that will be the side he swims to]
    Defensive End: Akaba [blow away whoever lines up near him and rushes in while mizumachi comes from the other side]
    nose tackle: Gaou [enough said]
    tackle: Kurita [pile the big boys in the center]

Strongside linebacker: Rui [gotta give him some glory and put him on a good team]
    Middle linebacker: Kakei [filler]
    Weak Side linebacker: Shin [He can easily react to surprise runs on his side and his speed allows him to help cover the middle and strong side.]

Cornerback: Ikkyu [love his backpedaling]
    Cornerback: Sakuraba [his height will already intimidate receivers and his abilities will shut them down]

Strong Safety: Agon [his god speed impulse will makes him easily read plays. his position puts him in the perfect spot for running up to break the runner or to stay back and wait for the pass]
    Free Safety: Kamiya Taiga [ love this guy/filler, I need him there so sena can rest on the bench in order for multiple bursts of his special attacks] another alternatre is Panther

Special Teams:
    Kicker: kotarou [for onside kicks and field goals]
    Then Kotarou will always onside kick. Shin, Akaba, Agon, Sena, Riku, gaou and tetsuma will rush to the ball and easily recover it
    Last edited by DoublexEdge; October 16, 2007 at 08:45 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member fluke32's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hrmm...

Offense:

QB-Hiruma
    HB-Sena
    FB-Akaba
    TE-Sakuraba
    WR1-Monta
    WR2-Ikkyu
    LT-Jumonji
    LG-Banba
    C-Kurita
    RG-Yamabushi
    RT-Shin

Explanations:
    I believe that an Offense should at least have 1 vertical line that has a high level of familiarity so I chose Kurita Hiruma, and Sena for C,QB and HB. Akaba got the FB job coz I think FB's need to be smarter rather than faster contrary to general belief since they need to create blocks for the fastest player in the game and generally speaking, besides Shin, only Akaba could do it from my perspective.

Now on the choices on the linemen besides Kurita. As you can see I chose to get the 2 other powerhouses of the Manga in this team, Yamabushi and Banba are teamed up with Kurita in the middle mostly for pass protection, and if you asked me, these are the best ones in the manga when it comes to that department. Shin is in RT position since
    he can move on his feet and make blocks for outside runs, which is probably more prevalent when it comes to a HB like Sena. Now, I know you are surprised that Jumonji is there but I'd like to tell you that he's there coz of his TD on the Shinryuuji game. He was able to break a tackle there and if you play enough Football video games, you'll see that a LT is a position that could also be utilized as a TE. Speaking of which Sakuraba is a TE in my line-up since I think he can at least do a pass block. Also he would be very ideal as a late play target. He makes one block then move to the side and catch the ball.

Well, that's it for my offense, I'll have to wait for tomorrow for the Defense lineup.

EDIT:

Here's my 4-3 Defense Lineup:
    DT- Gaou
    DT-Otowara
    LE-Shin
    RE-Ikari
    LOLB-Sena
    MLB-Kakei
    ROLB-Riku
    CB-Ikkyu
    CB-Monta
    FS-Akaba
    SS-Agon

Basically, I'm putting all the speedy guys in it. Sena and Riku will be shutting out the outside runs as Outside Linebackers. Agon and Akaba are at the back as since they are probably the best suited in the job since they can read the play and can make the correct adjustments for any given situation. The same could also be said about my choice for MLB, Kakei but I think Kakei and Agon could be interchangable but I put Kakei here since he is capable of stopping both outside runs and also runs in the middle. My D-line is probably the wildest every since besides Shin, the other 3 guys are more like animals with their ability to Rush the QB. Shin is on LE because with Sena right behind him, he can rush the QB more often since someone would be covering the Running Backs who may get past him.
    Last edited by fluke32; October 17, 2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Continuation of my post

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member alexlw92's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if the teams overpowering enough, and everyones willing to listen to the qb, then chemistry doesnt matter. and hiruma is smart enough to coordinate everyones strengths.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best 11

First of all, very nice thread.

Now, I think Xophy has the best dream team so far, and I think I would go with most of his choices. A couple of differences on my team though:

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    Quarterback : Hiruma. Not only he may have the greatest throwing power of all the quarterbacks we saw till know (I don't think Kid would have been able to throw the Hail Devil Pass), he is the smartest as well. May replace him by Marco if Marco is a scrambler quarterback (and especially if he's the real ES21), since it would be pretty great for the Wishbone Formation as the QB runs more often than for an usual formation (I guess).
    As much as I love Hiruma, I believe Kid is the best overall quarterback. He's even as capable of Hiruma at improvising, and even outsmarted Hiruma on that point. Sure, we haven't seen him do the big play, but he's never needed to do that, and who's to say he couldn't, anyway? And anyway, the Hail Mary is only needed for comebacks, and if the team is great, they wouldn't have to do that. I would bet he could, given the power necessary to throw the ball like he does at such an incredible speed, though. Also, Kid is not the type to get rattled, he's calm, cool under any circumstances, and that's important.

Quote Quote:
    Receiver : Monta. His catching skills are just great, even if he isn't the fastest, or the most powerful, or the tallest, he might be the only one that can catch that Devil Laser Bullet of Hiruma-sama. Plus he's a funny monkey.

Fullback : Agon. Using him in the Wishbone would be quite godly, I guess, since he has enough passing skills to pass the ball back to the halfbacks or even to the receiver should too many people come to block him. And if he doesn't carry the ball, he would be a more than efficient blocker...

Halfbacks : Shin, Sena. They are, after all, the fastest people in ES21, so obviously you need to use them both^^" We're still not sure if Shin is a ball carrier in the Ballista (I think he isn't), but he already scored touchdowns after taking the ball off dead spear-tackled opponents, so he's pretty used to that I guess. And Sena is obviously the only choice possible since he's by far the fastest player and his Devilbat Ghost can take on most linebackers.

Tight End : Akaba. He has good receiving, running skills, and his lead block is not something you can easily counter. Can you just imagine Sena carrying the ball protected by Agon, Akaba and Shin ? Try to stop that !
    Okay, for the rest of the offense: Agon would be a detriment to the team, mostly because of his ego. He'd create dissension in the team, especially when he's with people who won't put up with his ego unlike his team. So I definitely wouldn't have him on my team, despite his godly talents. (Not to mention you have him in the worst possible position for him - he would absolutely hate being a fullback; fullbacks almost never get the ball, and they're required to block for other people that are better for carrying the ball - something Agon would never accept.)

I wouldn't have a fullback anyway on this team. With a quarterback like Kid or Hiruma, whichever you prefer, and a strong running back that doesn't need a fullback like Sena or Shin, especially with the line you've set up, another big play-making wide receiver would be absolutely great. And Tetsuma would definitely be wanted in this capacity. Monta needs another receiver to keep himself from being double covered, which is always essential for any No. 1 receiver. Tetsuma would definitely take a lot of pressure off him.

In the offense you have, it would be too obvious that it is a running offense. I'd probably go for a more pass-oriented offense with the kind of quarterbacks and receivers I could have on this team, because they just score more, and they're better suited for comebacks if they need to do that (not that they would probably). And a more pass-oriented offense with a strong running back (that could possibly catch the ball too) is much, much more adept at keeping the defense off-balance. Just look at the 2000 Rams - "Greatest Show on Turf" - or Peyton Manning's pass action offense for evidence on that one.

Quote Quote:
    Meh, might as well do do a defense best eleven too...

Linebackers : Shin, Agon, Akaba. Shin's trident tackle, Agon's chops, and Akaba's run force are just great, those three can probably stop anything that would happen to pass the line (if the opponent QB has not been trampled yet).

Safety : Sena, Riku. I don't know much about safeties in amefuto, but I guess good safeties need some good speed so those two seems like a good choice^^"
    These two actually wouldn't be very good safeties. Safeties are pretty important; they're the last line of defense. They're also the leaders of the defensive backfield. There's two different kinds of safeties, the free and strong. The strong is expected to help in stopping the run, NOT always necessarily the pass. So you not only need somebody fast, he's also got to be strong and hard-hitting for that. He also sets the tone for the rest of defense if he's really good. Bob Sanders of the Indianapolis Colts is a prime example of how a safety can really help his team win the Super Bowl.

Now, we haven't had a lot of outstanding strong safeties so far in ES21, so I would definitely switch Shin to safety from linebacker, because he's actually the best example of a professional safety you can get. He's a speed demon and a hard-hitting guy. He'd be perfect here, even if he's a linebacker in the series.

And to replace him at linebacker, I'd put Kakei at linebacker.

As for free safety, that's the one who has to have the wide range. Here is where I would put Hiruma (I gotta have him on my team somewhere, even if he's not the quarterback!) Hiruma is the kind of player that can see a play coming before it even happens. That more than makes up for his lack of speed, and he's also an amazing leader and knows football intimately. So he's ideal here.
    Last edited by Gold Knight; October 19, 2007 at 08:09 AM.

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice analysis, I must confess my complete ignorance when it comes to safeties^^;; Your choices make a lot more sense than mine on that ones. I have a couple of remarks, though :

-On the Agon matter. Yup, I do have mixed feelings on putting him in a team, as his ego is not something really easy to deal with, but in this particular team, I stay with the opinion he'd be too much important to overlook. But even with his tremendously bad ego, the fact is, his god-speed impulse is something he is the only one to have, and his power and speed are probably nearly on par with Shin's (err, wait, not his speed anymore, but I think he should be around ~4.4 right now). What's preventing him to be the best player out there, as you said, is his stupid ego, but what would happen if we put him in a team that has Gaou, Shin, or Sena? Players that he probably can't defeat as he is right now? I think this stupid ego of his would probably drag him in the right direction, for he would want to be the best and maybe start to train to achieve that, so yeah, I may put him in the team as part of an experiment

-On the Kid/Hiruma matter. I have nothing really against Mushanokouji-kun, except maybe the fact that his real name is too long, but I still think that given this particular team, Hiruma would be a better choice, for two reasons. First, Kid's quickdraw would be of little use given the pass barrier the QB would have, with Gaou, Kurita, Banba and the others. But more importantly, of the two of them, Hiruma is the one with the best leadership. And in this kind of team, that'd have really strong individualities, a strong leader has to be on the field both in offense and defense for it to work, in my opinion. Surely, as a QB Hiruma's skills are definitely a bit worse than Kid's, but as the soul of the team, he's invaluable.

-On the fact that my team is obviously centered on run plays, that's just because I kinda miss the Wishbone ;_; Takami said it was Hiruma's secret trump card, but in the end, we only saw it working for a little while against Kyoshin and not at all against Shinryuuji (due to the lack of a FB that would have stopped Agon), so I just felt like using it again there^^;; Actually I've been thinking more of another dream (offense) team lately, and that is...

A Shotgun one!
    Quarterback : Hiruma
    Halfback : Shin
    Wide receiver : Monta
    Wide receiver : Sakuraba
    Wide receiver : Ikkyuu
    Wide receiver : Tetsuma
    Line : Gaou, Kurita, Banba, Ootawara, Yamabushi

Nothing much to say, really, Monta and Ikkyuu would be taking care of long passes, while Sakuraba and Tetsuma of short ones. Shin would be there either to help Sakuraba or Tetsuma with the Sagittarius, or eventually to run with the ball or protecting Hiruma who'd be running with the ball. Note that in the ES21 world, I'd go with a formation that doesn't even use Sena, which is a complete heresy. But I rather like this team too

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I won't argue the Kid/Hiruma point. One could probably do just as well with either one, it's like arguing which is the better quarterback, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning - who cares? I'd have either one on my team. But you're right, Hiruma is definitely the better leader.

Although I have to say that Hiruma would be better off on the sidelines as a coach for the offense because he can see everything much better from there (instead of having to rely on Mamoru), and he'd still get to play safety anyway on my team.

And Agon is actually on my team too, I just realized, since you have him at linebacker. That's probably about as far as I would use him for - since linebackers are supposed to be cruel and merciless

And heh, that's a scary Shotgun.
    Last edited by Gold Knight; October 21, 2007 at 06:20 AM.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

qb-hiruma
    rb-sena
    line-shin,gao,kurita, the swimmer guy
    te-akaba
    wr-monta,ikkyu,tetsuma, teh guy on ojo

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahaha.. I am no match for GK's & Xophy's godly Amefuto insights... +_@ As much as I am an Es21 fan, real football is something else >.<

It's nice to see GK around, tho ^__^ Oh, and of course D-edge had Kotaro for kicking XD & Eyefarted2 doesnt know all chars' names?? D8

Quote Originally Posted by GK
    Here is where I would put Hiruma (I gotta have him on my team somewhere, even if he's not the quarterback!)
    Kekeke, he's gotta be, right? XD XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dream Team V2

because its pretty ez to figure out who the best at each position is, how about you try to make a dream offense using players NOT at their normal position (meaning no hiruma qb, sena or riku wr, monta or tetsuma wr, etc) mines would be...

QB Agon (hes capable of doing it, as seen in dragonfly)
    RB Gaou (can anyone rly stop him?)
    FB Banba (can anyone other than kurita rly stop him?)
    TE Tetsuma (he can recieve, and can probably block decently too)
    OL Shin (would make a decent blocker)
    OL Unsui (umm...couldnt think of anyone else)
    OL Kakei (tall and can probably stop pass rushers)
    OL Kamagurama (chariot bump em back)
    WR Taki (hes technically nat a reciever...)
    WR Sena (he can run past everyone and still catch)
    WR Riku (assuming that he can catch)

Moderator message by: Os.Hoshi
    It's pretty much the same thing, so I've moved Dream Team V2 back here. <_<
    Last edited by OS.Hoshi; October 23, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, it's a pleasure to come in here and discuss ES21 with you guys. And yes, I have to have Hiruma!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would rather have kid be qb and have hiruma on the sidelines. kid is definately a better qb, but hirumas intelligence would still help from the sidelines.
    Last edited by OS.Hoshi; October 23, 2007 at 09:17 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member fluke32's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dream Team V2

That team is more like a kick return lineup to me. Also the bump technique isn't actually a technique used for blocking opponents. But I guess there isn't that many people who can get a hold onto Agon especially since the 2 probable persons who can match up to him are in his team anyway.

Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dream Team V2

Quote Originally Posted by alexlw92 View Post
    because its pretty ez to figure out who the best at each position is, how about you try to make a dream offense using players NOT at their normal position
    I wouldnt say it's easy to figure that out <__< Some positions are pretty debatable as to "who's BEST" by different opinions. & some people varied players' positions in their dream team already, such as putting Shin on Safety rather than LB.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

With the recent chapter, I'm putting Marco as a safety and Shin back to LB. Won't say anything more out of fear of spoiling people.
    Last edited by Gold Knight; November 03, 2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast