Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Best Eleven: make your team!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kantou Best Eleven! What's your team?

Moderator message by: Os.Hoshi
    post merged with "Best 11" thread & renamed

ANticipate the end of Kantou Tournament, here we go....

Offense:
    - Linemen:
    * Kurita Ryokan.
    * Gaou Rikiya. The only thing bad about him (good for his team, actually) that he deliberately injured enemy players without remorse at all. That guy is true monster.
    * Mamoru Banba.
    - Quarterback:
    * Youichi Hiruma. Sure, his passing ability isn't nearly as godly as Kid, but he more adept in everything else, including scrambling, making plays, and holding his team together. PLUS, he is he only quarterback who actually SURVIVED after taking hits from that QB asssasin lineman.
    - Tight End:
    * Agon Kongo. That his traditional position in Shinryuji, and that position also enables him to play effectively. ALthough wherever you put him, he'll still very dangerous player. If only his work ethics a little better....
    - Wide Receiver:
    * Taro Raimon
    * Haruto Sakuraba
    - Running Back:
    * Kobayakawa Sena: From Zero to Hero.
    * Riku Kaitani: Tough not as fast as Sena, he makes it with guts and techniques. The first idiot who bravely charge Gaou one on one.

Defense:
    - Linemen:
    * Makoto Ootawara
    * Daigo Ikari
    * Kazuki Juumonji. YES, he came from Deimon, who specialized in offense. But face it. He is the only player in the whole tournament, aside from Shin, who makes touchdowns from defense. Next year, he'll introduced as "spikes on shield, injuring his enemies even on defense".
    - Linebacker:
    * Shin Seijuurou. He's awesome that it can't be described with words. Seriously.
    - Cornerback:
    * Ikkyu Hosokawa. Still No.1 in aerial battle.
    * Hiromi Kisaragi. With that kind of interception technique, all kind of long pass is practically useless.
    - Safety
    * Reiji "Marco" Maruko. He thinks like mob boss, acts like mob boss, and that makes him dangerous with the ball carrier, one on one.

Special:
    - Place Kicker: Gen "Musashi" Takekura
    - Punter: Mitsui Saburou

Will be updated later....
    Last edited by OS.Hoshi; March 17, 2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: announcing changes

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member JC123's Avatar
    City of Eternal Darkness, and it ain't Alaska!
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dream Team

Alright people...

We are nearing the end of the manga. I thought about one project but the fact is, it's already been done. So I figure why not a NEW project!

So...

The question is:
    Who makes the best team given abilities, talent, and dedication?

(Note: I'll be putting my thoughts later so as not to steer towards certain characters. And please, an explanation of WHY your combo works would help.)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OS.Hoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Dream Team

There have already been threads with the same subject before. Is this what you meant, JC123? >>>>Best Eleven: make your team!

It's true that now we have more to chose from than when the subject was first started. I'd rather have the threads merged (yet again, lol), & people who have given their answers before can update or modify their previous opinion by forming a new team. What do you think? I'm just asking for opinions before I decide to merge the threads.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Dream Team

Dangit. I didn't even SEE that one. But that would probably be best since the players are now set more or less in stone.

Moderator message by: Os.Hoshi
    moved, then=]
    Last edited by OS.Hoshi; November 02, 2008 at 05:28 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Eleven: make your team!

Offense
    Line - Banba, Gonzales, Kurita, Komusubi/Gaou, Shin
    Tight End - Akaba
    Wide Receivers - Monta/Tetsuma/Jeremy, Taka
    Quarterback - Kid/Karin
    Runningbacks - Sena, Yamato/Ishimaru

Shin and Akaba are good for opening up runs, Banba, Komusubi, and Kurita protect the quarterback with their lives, and Gonzales just because. Gaou also gained a sense of protecting the quarterback in the part when he blue sky'd Kurita iirc, and he could open up the NS game.

Monta and Taka are the main combo, while Tetsuma is for Kid synergy. It depends on whether it's based on Sena + Monta working together with their Explosion MAX/pseudo-Sagittarius, or Kid + Tetsuma's routework for the play. Jeremy is the fastest WR next to Taka iirc, and he also reads Homer's Shuttle passes, so I kinda see him as a better Yukimitsu.

Kid has the fastest pass, Karin has the 1000000000% catchable passes (which is just under the percentage need for Kurita to catch it ). They could maybe even go with some weird Dragonfly play too (Butterfly?).

The runners listed are just undoubtedly the best, so there's no contest really.

Defense
    Line - Gaou + Yamabushi/Otawara/Heracles/Kakei/Mizumachi
    Cornerbacks - Ikkyu, Kisaragi/Taka
    Linebackers - Shin, Habashira, Yamato
    Safeties - Marco, Agon

Mix and match the line, but have Gaou for sure to do some bonecrushing rushes. Yamabushi hits like a beast and was good enough to outdo Poseidon, Otawara and Hercules seem similar in strength and are both fast, Mizumachi swims, and Kakei is just cool. Or, just take Gaou and put in the Oujou line.

Best cornerback with Ikkyu. Kisaragi was able to handle Monta most of the time, and Taka will be intercepting just about everyone too.

Shin's the best. Yamato's good too. I just wanted Habashira in there because I felt like it to be honest, and Shin alone would already be good enough. Akaba could have a spot on defense and do some Run Forces though.

Screw Bite + God-Speed Impulse. You can't really sneak past either of them.

Special teams
    Kicker - Musashi

Gets the ball out far and even scored a 60 yard field goal. Maybe get Koutarou to alternate for a more safe extra point, but this team would probably go for 2 points anyway.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rsatori's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Offense
    Line - Gaou, Kurita, Onihei, Otawara, Banba/Shin

Well Gaou and Kurita would just be pretty immovable and Banba has a lot of experience with protecting a quarterback. Otawara is also fairly quick for his size so that's always handy. Onihei is one of the more overlooked characters in terms of skill. But I think he definitely is more qualified than the other people on Deimon's line. The fact that he's a veteran also means he probably has good adaptability to plays, though his predictions are always kinda off I'd like to see him get more exposure. I'd have Shin in there just because he can freaking lift up Kurita, but he might make a good tight end as well...

Tight End - Akaba, Agon

Agon is just good at multiple things, and so I believe he would make a really good tight end. Akaba goes without much explanation. A two tight-end set would be fun.

Wide Receivers - Taka/Monta, Tetsuma

I really like Tetsuma as he is a reliable receiver as well as someone that is hard to stop in his tracks. Taka I think would make a much better receiver than Monta since I've yet to see Monta defeat Taka more than once on a regular pass. Maybe Monta would be good on a kick return team if they really need to deal with squib or onside kicks.

Quarterback - Kid/Hiruma/Agon

I don't really think there's much of a contest. Kid can wait around for a while and press his "I win button" to get off a pass. Though he's still got a broken arm so I'd probably have to default it to Hiruma. Another thing though is that he's really accustomed to a shotgun set-up (has he ever made a long pass int he manga?), so Hiruma might be a more flexible QB. Agon, however, would make a really good scrambling QB and has all the talent to call the shots upon sight.

Runningbacks - Sena/Yamato

If I wanted to do plays that involved trying to gain the first down Yamato will definitely get that done for me. Sena I would bring in for a kick off return or maybe a pitch or outside handoff.

Defense
    Line - Teikoku's line + Yamato/Gaou

These guys are fast as hell. So they can probably keep up with runs and get a blitz done pretty quickly. Gaou would make a nice addition to the center and Yamato would be especially nice for the blitz.

Cornerbacks - Ikkyu/Sakuraba, Taka

Ikkyu can run backwards at 4.9 seconds, not much to say there. And Taka did a pretty good job with his height and speed against Monta. Sakuraba is pretty good too if Ikkyu happens to be too short to keep up with his mark.

Linebackers - Shin, Marco

Shin is the strongest Linebacker in all of Japan. And Marco can really come in handy as a QB spy since he's a little more back he'll be in a good position to help block the run or a pass.

Safeties - Hiruma, Agon

Both are excellent at reading plays, so I figure it'd be nice to have them both.

Course I don't really know that much about football team make-ups. I just play Madden 09.
    Sometimes I think that anime and manga today is all thanks to the Atomic Bombs.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Off:
    QB: Yoichi Hiruma
    RB: Sena Kobayakawa
    FB: Hayato Akaba
    C: Ryokan Kurita
    OT: Kazuki Jumonji
    OT: Makoto Ōtawara
    G: Mamoru Banba
    G: Onihei Yamamoto
    TE: Natsuhiko Taki
    WR: Taro Raimon
    WR: Haruto Sakuraba

Def:
    NT: Rikiya Gaō
    DT: Kureji Hera
    DE: Kengo Mizumachi
    DE: Daikichi Komusubi
    MLB: Seijuro Shin
    LOLB: Takeru Yamato
    ROLB: Agon Kongo
    CB: Ikkyu Hosakawa
    CB: Hiromi Kisaragi
    FS: Unsui Kongo
    SS: Reiji Maruko

Kicker: Gen "Musashi" Takekura
    Punter: Kotaro Sasaki

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member fluke32's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my new look lineup!
    Offense:
    C: Kurita
    RG: Onihei
    LG: Ootawara
    RT: Heracles
    LT: Banba
    QB: Kid
    RB: Sena
    FB: Yamato
    WR: Taka
    WR: Sakuraba
    TE: Akaba

Defense:
    DT: Gaou
    DT: Ikari Daigo
    DE: Toganou/Mizumachi
    DE: Juumonji/Akiresu
    LOLB: Kuroki/Marco
    ROLB: Shin
    MLB: Kakei
    CB: Monta
    CB: Ikkyu
    SS: Agon
    FS: Riku

Special Teams:
    Field Goals:
    Kicker: Musashi
    Holder: Hiruma
    Long Snapper: Kurita
    Others: Taka, Yamato, Gaou, Banba, Ootawara, Heracles, Shin, Taki

Punts:
    Punter: Kotarou
    Up Back: Monta (max protect)
    Up Back: Akaba (max protect)
    Protector: Shin
    Gunner: Sena
    Gunner: Agon
    Line: Banba, Ootawara, Kurita, Gaou, Heracles
    TE: Akaba (normal)
    TE: Taki (normal)

Kickoffs:
    Kicker: Kotarou
    Gunner: Riku
    Wedge Buster: Agon
    Others: Shin, Yamato, Gaou, Ootawara, Ikari, Akaba, Heracles

Kick Return:
    Kick Returner: Sena
    Kick Returner: Agon
    Others: Shin, Yamato, Gaou, Ootawara, Banba, Taki, Akaba, Tetsuma

Punt Return:
    Punt Returner: Riku
    CB: Monta
    CB: Tetsuma
    Others: Agon, Shin, Yamato, Gaou, Ikari, Ootawara, Heracles, Akiresu
    Fluke32--- Predicting since 252nd Down!(click here)
    8 correct predictions out of 17 and counting~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member futureking's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

QB: Karin, Kid, Hiruma
    HB: Agon, Sena, Riku
    FB: Yamato, Akaba
    TE(Switchable with FB): Taki
    WR: Tetsuma, Monta, Sakuraba, Sano (See c.289)

LB: Shin, Kakei, 3 others, Possibly Marco
    CB: Taka, Ikkyu, Kamagaruma(Taiyou), Kisaragi
    Safety: Can't tell. Not much focus on safeties.

Offense Line: Gaoh, Tokashiki, Banba, Ootawara, Heracles
    Defense Line: Kurita, Jumonji, Ikari, Mizumachi, Yamabushi

Punter: Koutarou

We'll have to see who gets placed in Defense.
    Last edited by futureking; November 08, 2008 at 08:18 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

BIG O

Line in order

Mizumachi, Ootawara, Kurita, Banba, Onihei

Yes, I chose Kurita for Offense. Gaou is the aggressor and I'll get to him later. Anyway with my decision here, you can see the speedy boys are on the outside with Onihei being good to use as a shield with his technique. Mizumachi and his height make it excellent to push people away on offense. With this solid defense, most passes are all up to QB ability

QB

Sena

Yes, it's a weird pick. But having him as a speedy scrambler makes it all the better to shake up the defense. Make him learn the Wishbone and he's damn near unstoppable.

TE

Agon

He's a lot better than other TEs. If he could calm down on the attitude, he could keep the opponents guessing. He just has to adjust to working with a team. Keep him as a short pass target for Sena that he KNOWS he can go to, and the offense will always have the ball.

WR

Monta
    Sakuraba

I just noticed. For receiver battles, there's really only two... Monta faces Sakuraba and he faces Taka. The rest are mainly defensive people without offensive skills, save Ikkyu.

FB

Yamato

Kinda no contest... His balance makes him the best for what he has to do, which is gain yards in small tight spaces.

------------------------------------------------------------------

little d...

Line

DT - Gaou
    DT - Juumonji
    DT - Komusubi

Yes, Komusubi with Gaou. He really went after Gaou, got pounded and stood BACK up! He has the durability to take on almost anyone that can be thrown at him.

DE - Ootawara
    DE - Kakei

Ootawara is pretty fast. Kakei can keep the blocks up and smack down passes on his side. Nuff said.

LOLB - Shin
    ROLB - Akaba

Shin for his ability to read plays, Akaba and his Run Force are really good along with his Spider Poison.

MLB - Marco
    Gotta love the spies... If Shin doesn't read the play, Marco reads the ball and gets them right to Akaba.

CB - Ikkyu
    CB - Taka

What happens if someone has a cough in Brazil? Shut. Down. EVERYTHING! Seriously, if these two fought, I really think Ikkyu would come out on top.

SS - Unsui

Yes, not so special Unsui. The ball comes around, his balance will keep others at bay.

FS - Riku

Riku's speed is great as FS. Last boon, he can drag down the ball carrier, then or push them out of bounds.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this is for the japan all star team

OFFENSE

QB: hiruma/ karin (back up) Agon on wildcat formation

Hiruma has better play calling abilities can execute trick plays better and is better for short passes because of the superior speed he can put on the ball, it would be nice to put karin in for long passes because of her accuracy and evasion in the pocket but it would be to obvious what they were going to do if they stuck her in, except on third and long because its a given that it will be a pass play so why not. Kid did not make my team because he simply doesn't fit the play style, he is effective for quick short passes under failing protection which with japans stacked o line is not necessary. He cannot throw the long ball due to his unique throwing style and his usefulness on short passes can be matched by hiruma.

RB: sena/ yamato split back, agon third down back

like the 2008-2009 Giants these backs would be earth, wind and fire. Yamato (earth) is a large physical running back, not a fullback, he is fast and runs hard good for runs between the tackles, offers great qb protection on passing plays. He is not a fullback because he is a better off carrying the ball then blocking. Sena(wind) is quick and elusive not to mention really fast. good for pitch outs and screens, unfortunately he lacks the versatility of an agon because of his small stature. All in all Sena is a playmaker, he can pick up large chunks of yards at a time due to his overwhelming quickness and break away speed, unfortunately the running backs in Japan are so stacked that Sena might find he is most useful in the fourth quarter when his speed will burn tired opposing players. Agon. Agon is a freak; he is fast, strong, and athletic. Agon makes the perfect third down back because of his versatility, he is not as fast as sena or yamato, but his god speed impulse more than makes up for it. He is not as strong as yamato but is better for screens because of his superior athleticism, he can catch throw run for power or speed, he is the ultimate third down back because he can open up the field and pick up yards for a first down himself or create opportunities for others not to mention he can play any position on the field.

FB: akaba

He is the only true fullback introduced thus far, he can lead block amazingly well and can pick up short yardage if need be. Although he would not get much pt on offense because the split back formation with sena and yamato leaves more options

WR: taka and monta on the ends, tetsuma slot sakuraba slot in 4 wr spread

taka and monta have the best down field play making abilities. no need for further explantion. Tetsuma makes a great slot because of his size strength and route running will pick up the hard yards and is very reliable. Sakuraba also makes a god slot reciever because his height and speed allow him to run slants, outs and hooks very well and is hard to match up with.

TE: shin and agon (akaba on goaline/ when agon is in another position)

Shin is a monster, he is incredibly fast which doesnt fit the mold for tight end, until you take in to account the fact that he is almost as strong as Kurita (before his power up). it seems like a waste to not have him on the line with his massive strength but instead of putting him at a tackle position as a tight end he can make use of his speed and running as a reciever. akaba and agon have already been discussed and are at TE for the same reson as shin they are extremely talented in many areas.

O-line: Lt gaou, LG yamabushi/ootawara C kurita RG Banba RT Heracles

This is subject to change due to Yamato's kansai scouting though all are very solid lineman, Yamabushi was the best lineman on naga in case you forgot. and yes gaou to think that you wouldnt have the biggest strongest player on the team in your line is crazy

DEFENSE

personally i would run a 4 5 2 with japan possibly a 3 7 1

DT: Gao, Kurita

no need to explain

DE: Heracles and Achilles

these two together have pretty good rushing patterns not to mention that they are both fast and strong (Achilles is faster Heracles is stronger)

CB: ikkyu taka

they are fast, can jump and are star receivers to boot throw in sakuraba on three receiver setups and sena on 4

LB: shin, agon, kakei, akaba.

shin agon and akaba these guys are my staples for all speed and strength positions not to mention shin is the best linebacker in japan.

SS: yamato

he could be a line backer as well but i needed a safety

FS: marco

again could be a line backer is kind of slow for a safety but his QB spy and screw bite more then make up for it

ok real quick to wrap it up
    Special Teams:
    Field Goals:
    Holder: Hiruma
    Long Snapper: Kurita
    Others: Taka, Yamato, Gaou, Banba, Ootawara, Heracles, Shin, Taki

Punts:
    Punter: Kotarou
    Protector: Shin
    Gunner: Agon
    Line: Banba, Ootawara, Kurita, Gaou, Heracles
    TE: Akaba (for max protect too)
    TE: Taki (for max protect too)

Kickoffs:
    Kicker: Kotarou
    Gunner: Riku
    Wedge Buster: Agon
    Others: Shin, Yamato, Gaou, Achilles, Ikari, Akaba, Heracles

Kick Return:
    Kick Returner: Sena
    Kick Returner: Agon
    Others: Shin, Yamato, Gaou, Ootawara, Banba, Taki, Akaba, Tetsuma

Punt Return:
    Punt Returner: Taka
    CB: Sakuraba
    CB: Tetsuma
    Others: Agon, Shin, Yamato, Gaou, Ikari, Ootawara, Heracles, Achilles

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member XEL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Topic Revive!

.Eligible Starters. First player is the general starter for games although the scondary player may start. (i.e Yamato normally starts, however, Sena may start during a game too)

Offense
    QB: Kid, Hiruma, Takami, (G. Dragon Fly; Hiruma, Agon, Clifford)
    OG: Gaou
    OG: Mr.Don
    OT: Otawara
    OT: Banba
    TE: Agon
    WR: Tetsuma, Monta
    WR: Sakuraba, Monta
    FB: Akaba, Yamato
    HB: Yamato, Sena

Defense
    DT: Mizumachi
    DT: Onihei
    DE: Heracles
    DE: Yamabushi
    ROLB: Tatanka
    LOLB: Kakei
    MLB: Shin
    CB: Ikkyuu
    CB: Taka
    FS: Panther
    SS: Marco

Special teams
    K: Musashi
    P: Kotarou
    KR & PR: Panther

Bascially the offensive method of this team is to break through the wall quickly, which wouldn't be that hard for the OL(i mean look at them), and run, and keep running(Caesar's Charge). In addition if either Akaba or Yamato was blocking they'd pretty much get atleast and first down every run. If they need passes Kid can safely stay in the pocket and wait a while(again look at them, haha). On defense they're method is to blitz all the time. With players like Mizumachi and Onihei in the line it would be quite simple(exagerating..). On run plays the opponets are pretty much screwed as Tatanka has huge ass zone coverage and Shin...well, he's Shin. Plus Kakei also has a huge reach so...you think about the scenario. If they happen to get past the line and defensive backs(uh...what?) there is Marco as the SS with his screw bite and Panther as FS with his speed. On pass plays Ikkyuu will use his awesome backpedal and Taka will "fly." Yeah... get a ball past those two, I dare you. Finally the special teams. Musashi will be the kicker. Start the games off with a huge kick to shake up the opponet a little. Koutarou will be the punter as he can place the ball anywhere, etc., meaning he will also be doing the FGs. For the KR and PR we have Panther with his blazing speed. This coupled with the OL(Kurita excluded), FBs, Heracles, Kakei, Shin, and Agon...you're gonna have one hell of a return, if not a TD.

My critizism: JC123...thats a horrible OL setup. Mizumachi and Onihei are good linemen cause they can break through the line, a trait for DL not OL. You can see I put a potential "blitzer," Gaou, in the OL but thats cause the DL had plenty of amazing linemen already and he would be a trustworthy man to have block. This goes for anyone who put Onihei in the OL. his experience is more useful when you need players blitzing. The OL is for holding of defenders while the DL is attacking, funny how the concept works.

EDIT: ...after reading the teams I'm getting the feeling not many ppl here understand the concept of football. They are all placing players where they are in the manga, though that might no be where they'd shine the most. Not trying to flame anyone but yea... I guess it just bugs me..
    Last edited by XEL; June 02, 2009 at 05:44 PM.

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Thallc's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XEL View Post
    Offense
    QB: Kid, Hiruma, Takami, (G. Dragon Fly; Hiruma, Agon, Clifford)
    OG: Mr.Don
    OT: Otawara
    OT: Banba
    TE: Agon
    WR: Tetsuma, Monta
    WR: Sakuraba, Monta
    FB: Akaba, Yamato
    HB: Yamato, Sena
    I actually wondered why you involved a strong sturdy line with a fast passer like Kid. I mean: the whole philosophy of Seibu is a fairly weak line pressuring their own quarterback. At the same time they let the opponents line create space for the receivers by pushing through. Putting Kid in a safe environment with such a monster team of Linemen doesn't benefit his talents one bit. When a team has a strong line able to hold the 5 seconds. Takami and Hiruma throw WAY better passes.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rsatori's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XEL View Post
    EDIT: ...after reading the teams I'm getting the feeling not many ppl here understand the concept of football. They are all placing players where they are in the manga, though that might no be where they'd shine the most. Not trying to flame anyone but yea... I guess it just bugs me..
    It's not like a majority of us are even into football or were. Before I read Eyeshield 21 I found football to be absolutely boring. Now I'm playing Madden 09 and learning about it everyday. So criticisms of ES21 fans for their lack of knowledge in football is like criticism of high school students for not excelling calculus. Don't be surprised to know that we all vary in degree to what we know about football.

Offense
    QB: Kid for quick passes, Hiruma for trick plays, Clifford for everything else (fuck Takami)
    OG: Banba
    OT: Heracles
    OT: Yamabushi
    TE: Agon, Tetsuma
    WR: Monta
    FB: Akaba, Shin, Mr. Don
    HB: Yamato, Panther

Defense
    DT: Mr. Don
    DE: Bud
    DE: Mizumachi
    ROLB: Agon
    LOLB: Akaba
    CB: Tatanka

Special teams
    KR & PR: Yamato for KR, Panther for PR
    Last edited by Rsatori; June 03, 2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Sometimes I think that anime and manga today is all thanks to the Atomic Bombs.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member XEL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thallc View Post
    I actually wondered why you involved a strong sturdy line with a fast passer like Kid. I mean: the whole philosophy of Seibu is a fairly weak line pressuring their own quarterback. At the same time they let the opponents line create space for the receivers by pushing through. Putting Kid in a safe environment with such a monster team of Linemen doesn't benefit his talents one bit. When a team has a strong line able to hold the 5 seconds. Takami and Hiruma throw WAY better passes.
    I see your point but he's just one of the eligible starters. I said that in the post. The starting QB can change game to game, messing with the opponet. Kid would be good if you were looking for short passes to TDs(Tetsuma). Hiruma for trick plays/scrambling(Clifford would work too). Takami for his teamwork with Sakuraba. and Finally the G. Dragon Fly with the brains(Hiruma), raw talent(Agon), and speed(Clifford).

Quote Originally Posted by Rsatori View Post
    It's not like a majority of us are even into football or were. Before I read Eyeshield 21 I found football to be absolutely boring. Now I'm playing Madden 09 and learning about it everyday. So criticisms of ES21 fans for their lack of knowledge in football is like criticism of high school students for not excelling calculus. Don't be surprised to know that we all vary in degree to what we know about football.

Offense
    QB: Kid for quick passes, Hiruma for trick plays, Clifford for everything else (fuck Takami)
    OG: Banba
    OT: Heracles
    OT: Yamabushi
    TE: Agon, Tetsuma
    WR: Monta
    FB: Akaba, Shin, Mr. Don
    HB: Yamato, Panther

Defense
    DT: Mr. Don
    DE: Bud
    DE: Mizumachi
    ROLB: Agon
    LOLB: Akaba
    CB: Tatanka

Special teams
    KR & PR: Yamato for KR, Panther for PR
    I see your point. My bad xD
    I also see the point in your setup but:
    Don as FB? I don't think he's fast enough, sure he has the power but with the speed of the RBs they'd pass him quickly. and yea, haha I had also considered Tatanka for CB but I wasn't too sure of his catching abilities. Taka was a giveaway CB and I chose Ikkyuu because(I play CB, used to be HB) backpedaling is an extremely important trait for the position. I also like that you used the bulky players on offense too. A solid defense for protection ^^ I love it :P

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast