Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who's the best RB?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobayakawa Sena

9 23.08%
  • Yamato Takeru

14 35.90%
  • Patrick Spencer

16 41.03%
  • Kaitani Riku

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strongest RB

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member XEL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Strongest RB

The point of this thread is to get this forum back in motion. I'd hate to see fellow E21 fans disappear, after looking for them for so long.

I've listed four notable RBs and I wanna know what others think about which ones the best. Personally I'd say Yamato. I mean does that .01 seconds of difference in the 40-yard-dash of his and Sena's really matter? If i remember correctly it was stated somewhere that his speed is in the 4.4-4.3 range? and the Caesar's charge brings it up to like 4.1-3.9? either it was stated or I'm just making up stuff... ... I just believe the fact that he can gain so much extra yardage after being tackled that it just makes Sena's 4.2 look like a baby's run. Actually I think that Yamato and Panther are equal in running since Panther has shown to be extremely capable more than once. Well anyways who do you think's the best?
    Last edited by XEL; June 30, 2009 at 08:34 AM.

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cHaotix8's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest RB

The Cearser's Charge really only affects his 40 time when he's going for a diving forward tackle. Doesn't really affect his running speed.

But yeah, Yamato's probably the most effective runner in the series. With him at fullback and Panther at halfback, gaining yardage shouldn't be an issue.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rsatori's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamato probably doesn't run faster than a 4.4. Remember that Shin was known as the fastest high schooler in Japan at 4.4 seconds in 40-yards. Assuming Yamato was still attending school and taking part in the tournament you can probably say his speed is at Riku's level. But he's the best balanced back out there. Panther is the best elusive back but I'd rather go with Yamato.
    Sometimes I think that anime and manga today is all thanks to the Atomic Bombs.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zky2007's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Voted Yamato.
    he's a balanced player, he can be a lot stronger too, or at least I think....
    CHII'S SWEET HOME is the ultimate anime/manga.
    ES21 forever.
    my ES21 recolorings

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

sena

he was playing not even a year and was still impressive now with some extra training he will rockz everyone

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cHaotix8 View Post
    The Cearser's Charge really only affects his 40 time when he's going for a diving forward tackle. Doesn't really affect his running speed.
    Isn't actually like strength or something? 'Cause he just incorporated it for tackling, we first saw him using it to break a tackle. So its a running method that increases stability giving the impression of speed? wha? I'm confused, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rsatori View Post
    Yamato probably doesn't run faster than a 4.4. Remember that Shin was known as the fastest high schooler in Japan at 4.4 seconds in 40-yards. Assuming Yamato was still attending school and taking part in the tournament you can probably say his speed is at Riku's level. But he's the best balanced back out there. Panther is the best elusive back but I'd rather go with Yamato.
    But if Yamato had just come back from America wouldn't no one know about him yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenhesse View Post
    sena

he was playing not even a year and was still impressive now with some extra training he will rockz everyone
    That's cause he was a rookie. You learn faster when you're a beginner. It's like... you learn all of the basics so it seems that you grow fast but then you are faced with much harder tasks and your growing slows down.

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XEL View Post
    But if Yamato had just come back from America wouldn't no one know about him yet?
    Kakei knew the real ES21 was in the tournament, he just didn't know his name. So he's been around since the start of the fall tournament. Yamato also left America while Kakei was still the ace of Phoenix Middle School (Or at least left Notre Dame). He disappeared without a trace though and if he stayed in America to attend another school I think Kakei would have heard news about it (though that wouldn't make sense since he left America to rally the troops in Japan). Most likely he was always in Japan since the start of the manga.

Either way, Yamato didn't just come back from America the moment he was introduced. He was around longer than that.
    Last edited by Rsatori; June 30, 2009 at 07:19 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner JumpmanJV's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

accidentally voted panther but i'd go with yamato... his power running will be a lot harder on defenders than that extra bit of speed, especially in the nfl

i'd take a marion barber (tackle breaker) over a joseph addai (speed runner) any day.... he gets you more

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't actually like strength or something? 'Cause he just incorporated it for tackling, we first saw him using it to break a tackle. So its a running method that increases stability giving the impression of speed? wha? I'm confused, lol
    No, It's just that I see people mentioning the CC like it's some super special running method that makes Yamato extremely fast. It's just a one step acceleration that he gets on defense, akin to Shin's Trident tackle. People should stop referencing the 4.1second 40 yard dash time is what I'm getting at.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member JC123's Avatar
    City of Eternal Darkness, and it ain't Alaska!
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I went with Sena. He's beaten almost everyone except for Panther who's his ultimate rival. Even with everything not going his way, he found a way. Of course, he's the Big Deus Ex but it was fun watching him progress and beat even the most difficult opponent in Yamato with only his speed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cHaotix8 View Post
    No, It's just that I see people mentioning the CC like it's some super special running method that makes Yamato extremely fast. It's just a one step acceleration that he gets on defense, akin to Shin's Trident tackle. People should stop referencing the 4.1second 40 yard dash time is what I'm getting at.
    Wait so what makes him break tackles and stuff? Isn't that the CC? Or is that just his balance and strength?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpmanJV View Post
    i'd take a marion barber (tackle breaker) over a joseph addai (speed runner) any day.... he gets you more
    I'd love to see the day someone like Yamato with "perfect" balance shows up in the NFL as a HB. lol redskins better draft him ><

Quote Originally Posted by Rsatori View Post
    Kakei knew the real ES21 was in the tournament, he just didn't know his name. So he's been around since the start of the fall tournament. Yamato also left America while Kakei was still the ace of Phoenix Middle School (Or at least left Notre Dame). He disappeared without a trace though and if he stayed in America to attend another school I think Kakei would have heard news about it (though that wouldn't make sense since he left America to rally the troops in Japan). Most likely he was always in Japan since the start of the manga.

Either way, Yamato didn't just come back from America the moment he was introduced. He was around longer than that.
    Yea, I mean like he returned to Japan that fall or something? Oh nvm. I'm guessing he kept a low profile since no one could make him get serious, and he's a freshmen too so obviously no one knew he existed... off topic, what grade is Shin in? he's a junior of sophomore in college by now right? If thats the case then no one would've had any records on Yamato 'cause he'd just enter high school that year.

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait so what makes him break tackles and stuff? Isn't that the CC? Or is that just his balance and strength?
    I've never seen him break a tackle. He just drags them along as if they weren't there. And it's not like it's some strange technique, he just has insane lower body strength and balance.

And no, his balance isn't perfect. He's always eventually taken down. If that wasn't the case he'd score on every down.

If thats the case then no one would've had any records on Yamato 'cause he'd just enter high school that year.
    This is true.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I mean like he returned to Japan that fall or something? Oh nvm. I'm guessing he kept a low profile since no one could make him get serious, and he's a freshmen too so obviously no one knew he existed... off topic, what grade is Shin in? he's a junior of sophomore in college by now right? If thats the case then no one would've had any records on Yamato 'cause he'd just enter high school that year.
    Well, people knew he existed they just didn't know his name. Even though he kept a low profile you'd think he'd take his training seriously and make some record times. I think there would have been mention of other characters that surpassed Shin's previous record of 4.4 seconds. Then again there was barely ever any mention of the Kansai region to begin with. Shin was a second year in highschool by the time he had 4.4 seconds. Sena was a first year as was Yamato. It's possible for Yamato to not have had any official record but he did make his way to the Teikoku 1st string in a single day. This means he must have been very impressive. He was also known as the speedy-type before we saw his Caesar's charge so I'm guessing they had to have recorded his 40 by then. Though by this time Sena was supposedly the fastest high schooler with his 4.2 second run in an instant. So there's nothing conclusive but my gut feeling tells me that he runs around 4.4 or 4.5.

I also take into consideration the Teikoku match where someone comments that Yamato had the power of Gaou and the average speed of Sena, which I think is around 4.5 seconds. Yamato himself made a comment that Sena was a little bit faster than him and I think running a 4.5 is still pretty fast even if he isn't at Sena's speed.
    Last edited by Rsatori; July 01, 2009 at 01:29 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner JumpmanJV's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see the day someone like Yamato with "perfect" balance shows up in the NFL as a HB. lol redskins better draft him ><

LOL. yea, he doesn't exist irl. The best you can get is someone like barber who grinds his way forward for every yard and refuses to go down. At this point i'm guessing you've realized i'm a cowboys fan

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, Portis is pretty good too ^^ his speed and strength are pretty balanced out. COWBOYS?! SAY WHA?! haha that makes us rivals; redskins vs. cowboys, lol jk :P
    Then theres also Westbrooke (was there a 'e' after 'k'?) who's a monster, but he's on niether of these teams so bleh :]

Washington 2012
    ~ We're baaaaaaaaaack ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast