Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dattebayo Dropping Bleach O= ?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dattebayo Dropping Bleach O= ?

Anyone know of any other places to D/L bleach now that DB will stop subbing them? I know that I get my Naruto torrents from Nayya, anyone know any alternatives?

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather than alternatives, I say support the source and get it from Crunchy.
    I hope that did not come of offensive, not intentional.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: is Dattebayo going to stop subbing Bleach?

Quote Originally Posted by hajialibaig View Post
    What DB are, what they stand for, and what they are doing, are all illegal. Long gone are the golden days of fansubbing groups. Embrace yourself for the new era of subbed anime delivered to everyone on timely and reliable basis. At a cost though, not sure if everyone here's gonna like that idea

And when that happens i'll hopefully still have One Piece. I hope it still gets subbed an hour.........eerrr an half hour after release in Japan. I hope i can still go to the Funimation site for OP and watch it for free.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So i don't get this, is crunchyroll the guys who do the subs or do they now do the whole episode (animation and all)? If so what does this mean? Can't say that it matters much to me since i know the manga so the text won't mean much if there's a difference. I am just curious if this means that the animation or the dates being released will change or what is the big deal?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

No fresh, Crunchy just does the subs and then post's it after an hour of the original Japanese tv episode. They're not affiliated with the animation team, other than receiving the current weeks episode to sub and host.

It is available for premium members, after an hour. The rest, will have to wait for about a week.
    Last edited by Charlie; June 14, 2010 at 07:06 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew this day was coming, because that's what happens with "major" anime subbing projects.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-San View Post
    No fresh, Crunchy just does the subs and then post's it after an hour of the original Japanese tv episode. They're not affiliated with the animation team, other than receiving the current weeks episode to sub and host.

It is available for premium members, after an hour. The rest, will have to wait for about a week.
    so they did the last episode correct? if so, I didn't have to wait a week, it came out in the middle of the night and was online. I don't see what the big deal is, besides maybe some messing up with little words in the translation. Is this what people are worried about? That they have to wait when we have a thread here that gives links to the episodes an hour after their released? Because if that's the case anyone can look online and watch a streamed episode or copied episode, why wait a week? That's pointless unless you want to download it, and in that case theirs sites that you can do that also. Maybe not the most legal of things but then again, how many mp3's does your computer have on it that you've 'bought'?

Maybe you could explain to me what the big deal about crunchyroll doing the subs is if it's different than what I've just mentioned.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    I knew this day was coming, because that's what happens with "major" anime subbing projects.
    Well, it is legal this way and the price is pretty cheap, plus it supports the content providers.

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    so they did the last episode correct? if so, I didn't have to wait a week, it came out in the middle of the night and was online. I don't see what the big deal is, besides maybe some messing up with little words in the translation. Is this what people are worried about? That they have to wait when we have a thread here that gives links to the episodes an hour after their released? Because if that's the case anyone can look online and watch a streamed episode or copied episode, why wait a week? That's pointless unless you want to download it, and in that case theirs sites that you can do that also. Maybe not the most legal of things but then again, how many mp3's does your computer have on it that you've 'bought'?

Maybe you could explain to me what the big deal about crunchyroll doing the subs is if it's different than what I've just mentioned.
    Yes, the did last weeks episode fresh. Currently they have about 9 videos going back from last weeks episode. They will have Tuesdays episode one hour after it airs in Japan for stream. I think the air time listed on the site was 2:30 am.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Bleach

I like that crunchy offers the subs, but I think some people don't like the idea for the same reasons you mentioned.
    Last edited by Charlie; June 14, 2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: reason~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So people are complaining about some mixed up words that really could be translated in a various amount of ways? (manga scans aren't always accurate)

Or are these people complaining that they can't download the episode for free? (which is a laugh since you'll always be able to download things for free off the net)

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

DB dropped Naruto when it was picked up by ceunchyroll, other fansubbers picked it up shortly. For those wondering: Crunchyroll kind of sucks. They reduce the resolution of any show they air to fit into their crappy little player. I don't watch any anime there nor will I watch "subs" based on crunchyroll rips. Not sure how much it will effect Bleach, should any one choose to use their services, since last I looked (which was a long time ago .____.) Bleach wasn't broadcast in HD. No worries, Bleach is to popular not to get fansubbed based on TV raws. Any group that's wants attention (and big download totals) will pick it up within the next few weeks. With DB out of the way, probably many groups.

Webonomic 101: Whatever can be turned into data will be free. The old morality no longer applies. Multi-billion dollar publishers/record companies/TV studios should never be pitied. Napster introduced the mainstream to filesharing almost 15 years ago, since in that time not a single traditional entertainment company has figured out how to integrate the internet into their business plan they deserve to lose money. Through out history new technology not only changes the way people do business, sometimes even the entire economic model. The internet is one such innovation. If a company can not put enough money into R&D to find a new model they can no longer claim to be a competitive entity.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    So people are complaining about some mixed up words that really could be translated in a various amount of ways? (manga scans aren't always accurate)
    I think in this case, Crunchy's service is not available everywhere. As opposed to DB, where anyone could have access, plus being free to everyone regardless.

Quote Quote:
    Or are these people complaining that they can't download the episode for free? (which is a laugh since you'll always be able to download things for free off the net)
    No one is going to argue with that. ^^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If quality is an issue, or resolution, it seems to me that the last episode didn't suffer at all. At least not from the links provided from this site or Bleach Asylum. I'm assuming the dubs they provided links for were from c-roll since they were out so soon.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3