Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jeffhmwong's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

Awww...just to be the best swordsman?

I tot his vow was to be the strongest warrior ever....

Since when he revised that?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J@ffzz
    Awww...just to be the best swordsman?

I tot his vow was to be the strongest warrior ever....

Since when he revised that?

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Strongest Warrior? Isn't that the job for the King of Pirates?

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mugiwara_no_Jack's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

When you look that way on the situation you can say he already lost against Arlong

It is a vow for becoming the greatest swordsman so he can't and won't lose to another swordsman

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara_no_Jack
    When you look that way on the situation you can say he already lost against Arlong

It is a vow for becoming the greatest swordsman so he can't and won't lose to another swordsman
    [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Indeed. He puts 150% when fighting against an opponent ( as long as that foe is carrying a sword). He cannot claim to be the best "swordsman" if he was defeated by another "swordsman". In other words, he has to keep winning at swords.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

As all of you said. Zoro is aiming to be the greatest swordsman, so he should never lose to other swordsman.

Anyways, he still lost, but it was Enel, so it wasn't really a fair match from the start.. I didn't take this "break vow" so hard..

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Absulutio
    As all of you said. Zoro is aiming to be the greatest swordsman, so he should never lose to other swordsman.

Anyways, he still lost, but it was Enel, so it wasn't really a fair match from the start.. I didn't take this "break vow" so hard..
    [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]As long as he doesn't lose to another swordman, it won't matter to Zoro that much. After being defeated 2001 times by Kuina and once more by Hawk-eyes, you can imagine the pressure he's being in. In other words this topic should that much relevance to his "loss" since we can deem it "uncountable" to the "other" losses for Zoro. Till we hear of another swordsman other than Mihawk that can best him, let's say so otherwise.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with Absulutio, it wasn't a fair match in the first place and Eneru uses his lightning powers whereas Zoro has to use his natural skills
    If every person on this planet had the mind or Eiichiro Oda... <br /><br />The Third Rock from the sun is doomed!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jeffhmwong's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Much as i am a fan of zoro.....defeat means defeat.....no excuse to that....

His vow was never to be defeated ever again, and I guess that didnt not go as smoothly as he planned.

Sad but true......he lost...

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J@ffzz
    Much as i am a fan of zoro.....defeat means defeat.....no excuse to that....

His vow was never to be defeated ever again, and I guess that didnt not go as smoothly as he planned.

Sad but true......he lost...
    [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Umm... Zoro is going to suffer big time if he really lost. Would you say it was no "excuse" if Luffy turned out to be the King of Pirates and still defeat Zoro as a "best swordsman" in the world? Then there would be no meaning to his dream. We should not forget Zoro's dream is to be the BEST swordsman in the world through Evil or Good means. Defeat is not counted if it were not a sword battle, in fact did he not lose against Arlong after defeating Hachi (a Swordsman/fishman)? That's more than an okay excuse to me or else Oda would have a LOT of explaing to do.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to say he lost to Eneru he juz got struck by Eneru's lightling bolt and fainted.There were not reali in combat so it doesnt reali count.....I guess

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Like most have said before me, (in my opinion) you can't really call it an even fight as Enel was not a swordsman. Fighting him without being able to hit him (which means without seastone forged swords) isn't really a fight.

The other point is that Enel was not Zorro's opponent. The priest with the dog was and Zorro finished him off. He can't just go and take Luffy's enemy from him (would be pretty boring, right?). Besides, even after being struck by lightning he (somehow) managed to cut that big tree and despite Enel's effort to stop him.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Zoro was able to cut through elements like Mihawk then there would have a been a different outcome. Enel would have been wounded by Zoro not sure if defeated based on Zoro's strenght at the time. But, like ibra87 said he couldn't take Luffy's oppenent from him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree that zoro lost to enel or perhaps to Lucci (if he ever got the chance to face him) or to maybe to any of luffy's enemies! but i dont think it's such a big deal that will depress him or anything like that. because his aim is to be the strongest swordsman, so i think thoso lost will not matter much for him..

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree taht he lost, but still going to his goal to be best swordman, and when he said he would not lost again, it was that he won´t need his enemies mercy like Mihawk. He will survive (litlle gay) no matter what.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro was beat by Kaku(i think thats the giraffe dude's name) and dont give me that "he wasn't serious" bs. He lost and that's that. He shouldn't of ever made that vow

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast