Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

  1. #31
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    Indonesia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    Quote Originally Posted by hmalik1003
    Zoro was beat by Kaku(i think thats the giraffe dude's name) and dont give me that "he wasn't serious" bs. He lost and that's that. He shouldn't of ever made that vow
    i guess u couldn't say tha a loss, since the battle hadn't really finish yet.. at that time CP9 was bound by the promise with Robin ( the one that they will let the SH out of water7). in the end the battle did continue, and zoro won. it means that the enemy was beaten until kaku couldn't stand up anymore, that's the really conclusion of the battle.. not at the w7..

  2. #32
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    who cares? i bet zoro lost to hella people. they are just not showed on page in the manga

  3. #33
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    i agree with what some ppl said, zoro meant he wouldnt lose to another swordsman...and so far so good

  4. #34
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mars University
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    zoro didnt lose to either Enel or Lucci, unfortunatly in my opinion he has only won against the noname bountyhunters at whiskey peak.
    he didnt lose to Enel cause after he was hit all he did was rest a few minutes then he was up and cutting beanstalks. same thing with Lucci. he was kicked away and fell down a chimney. a few minutes later he's up and cutting water.

    Mihawk could have killed Zoro, no problem. but he choose to let him live, IE prolonging their duel. its not over yet.

    but a swordsman(zoro) that attacks with intent to kill but fails to kill anyone is not in any position to say that he's "winning" anything. so no he hasnt lost to anyone and he's only won against the noname bountyhunters.

    how can i reason like this?
    simple, katanas are weapon that have only one purpose: kill people. If you do not use your weapon in the way it was meant then youre hardly a swordsman.

    but luffy and sanji have never killed anyone either!
    i know, but they do not fight with weapons that have only one purpose, they attack with their bodies. and bodies have a lot more purpose than fighting. so they have won tons of fights.


    oh how much better the manga would be without the ban of death

  5. #35
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    Imho, Zoro defeated Baroque Work's Mr. 1 and CP9's Kaku. Even if they aren't swordman they fought as they were that.

    Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

  6. #36
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs Down Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    Quote Originally Posted by boffenjl View Post
    zoro didnt lose to either Enel or Lucci, unfortunatly in my opinion he has only won against the noname bountyhunters at whiskey peak.
    he didnt lose to Enel cause after he was hit all he did was rest a few minutes then he was up and cutting beanstalks. same thing with Lucci. he was kicked away and fell down a chimney. a few minutes later he's up and cutting water.

    Mihawk could have killed Zoro, no problem. but he choose to let him live, IE prolonging their duel. its not over yet.

    but a swordsman(zoro) that attacks with intent to kill but fails to kill anyone is not in any position to say that he's "winning" anything. so no he hasnt lost to anyone and he's only won against the noname bountyhunters.

    how can i reason like this?
    simple, katanas are weapon that have only one purpose: kill people. If you do not use your weapon in the way it was meant then youre hardly a swordsman.

    but luffy and sanji have never killed anyone either!
    i know, but they do not fight with weapons that have only one purpose, they attack with their bodies. and bodies have a lot more purpose than fighting. so they have won tons of fights.


    oh how much better the manga would be without the ban of death

    lol i can imagine something like dat in a boxing match. i aint lose. i can hit this bag afta i fell. LOOK AT ME!!! face it he lost.

  7. #37
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mars University
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    Quote Originally Posted by hmalik1003 View Post
    lol i can imagine something like dat in a boxing match. i aint lose. i can hit this bag afta i fell. LOOK AT ME!!!
    honestly im not sure what youre talking about, what does boxing have to do with a swordsman?

    Quote Quote:
    face it he lost.
    in my opinion no he didnt. he did not die, his fights should be to the death. and since he hasnt died then he hasnt lost.

  8. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    with that logic you are saying that he didnt lose to mihawk but i think we can all agree that he did

    and just for the record i agree with you in just trying to make it a good debate and what not so because im devils advicate im going to say that he LOST

    eventho it wasnt a fair fight cause eneru isnt a swordsman

  9. #39
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mars University
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    Quote Originally Posted by OP_overlord View Post
    with that logic you are saying that he didnt lose to mihawk but i think we can all agree that he did
    no he didnt by definition LOSE to Mihawk. this is how i see it:

    Quote Originally Posted by boffenjl View Post
    Mihawk could have killed Zoro, no problem. but he choose to let him live, IE prolonging their duel. its not over yet.
    and i'll explain it again. Zoro gave up, he just stood there and let Mihawk cut him. Zoro thought he was going to die. death, the end.
    Mihawk spared him. why? because their duel was not to end there. Mihawk understood that this kid had the spirit of a true swordsman but he just attacked prematurely.
    so he wounded him greatly and left him to live so he could come back and FINISH their duel later on.

    so no he didnt lose and mihawk didnt win, their fight is just "paused".

  10. #40
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    HE DID LOSE. Um if he didn't lose then he wouldn't have to make that promise to himself that he would neva lose again. Do you see the logic in making a promise not to lose AGAIN if u didn't lose to begin wit. From what your saying, Zoro neva lost a match cuz he is still alive but then he wouldn't say AGAIN if he was dead right. and i was using boxing to show u how wrong u were. You don't have to die to lose(swordfight or whateva) that logic may have been useful in some otha manga but it wouldn't make sense in OP cuz HE IS STILL ALIVE

    LOOK AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD
    It is stated that he made that promise to himself. *napoleon dynamite* "gosh"
    Last edited by hmalik1003; March 20, 2007 at 04:09 PM.

  11. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    i see wat you mean ,Mr. Boff, with the fighting being on hold so that zoro can learn to fight with his mind aswell (whicih i dont see happening he is just gettting stronger not faster,smarter,... he is still no match for mihawk)

    but i also agree with hmalik1003 zoro wouldnt have made the promise not to lose again if he didnt lose

    you even helped prove the point that he lost when you said that

    Quote Originally Posted by The Boff View Post
    Zoro thought he was going to die. death, the end.
    which means that zoro thought that the fight was over and knew he lost and saved face by dieing the way a true swordsman should and then mihawk spared him

  12. #42
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dfcarolinaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South carolina
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    I have heard this debate from a lot of threads, and I have come up with my own opinion and that is I don't know lol, but Zoro did lose.

  13. #43
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bler
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    Everyone's overlooking one simple thing in this thread: There's an understanding, especially between swordsmen (but not limited to them), of the difference between a "match" and a clashing of swords (or whatever weapons they happen to fight with). Neither Enel, Lucci, or Kaku beat Zoro. Enel struck him with lightning and then left. He did not accept Zoro as an opponent; it wasn't a match. Lucci kicked him away, but he was fine, and Kaku injured him when he wasn't even paying attention. There's no way that counts as a loss. A loss is when both fighters put everything they have into the fight and one of them is unable to continue. This is the logic used in OP and in many other mangas. Both fighters have to accept these unspoken "terms" in any duel before either of them can lose. I would honestly expect people to understand this.

  14. #44
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jeffhmwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Country
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    Quote Originally Posted by ubo View Post
    Everyone's overlooking one simple thing in this thread: There's an understanding, especially between swordsmen (but not limited to them), of the difference between a "match" and a clashing of swords (or whatever weapons they happen to fight with). Neither Enel, Lucci, or Kaku beat Zoro. Enel struck him with lightning and then left. He did not accept Zoro as an opponent; it wasn't a match. Lucci kicked him away, but he was fine, and Kaku injured him when he wasn't even paying attention. There's no way that counts as a loss. A loss is when both fighters put everything they have into the fight and one of them is unable to continue. This is the logic used in OP and in many other mangas. Both fighters have to accept these unspoken "terms" in any duel before either of them can lose. I would honestly expect people to understand this.

    I agree with ubo on kaku and luchii. there was never a real battle there......BUT....

    Enerus case is diff.They were all in a battle.zoro,wiper, robin, the knight ...they were all preparing for a battle. How can you say there isnt a battle?

    and pls, i do not want to repeat this over again , Zoros sworn to never to loose another battle.....THATS ALL.....

    No quote on whether the battle is with a DF user, Swordsman, sea monster etc

    HE LOST.I m a huge zorro fan too.

    Y cant u all jes face it.....

  15. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Didn't Zoro lost to Eneru?

    cause i like many understood zoro's vow to mean that he wasnt going to lose o another swordsman ever period, and he has kept his word up

    ubo i too agree with you about eneru, kaku, and lucci but i dont agree with the "match" defination (or well i agree zoro wouldnt) when he was fighting MR. 1 the steel guy zoro was excited because he was facing a DF steel swordsman and they were both putting everthing they had into and zoro won, but he didnt count his win because MR 1 wasnt a true swordsman he could use drill attacks aswell
    so that proves that zoro only respects battles with other swordsmen so he might have lost to eneru but he doesnt think of it like that just that he needs to get stronger and beat everone

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts